British Speedway Forum

BSN FINAL SCUNNY V POOLE SUNDAY 29TH SEPT. POOLE V SCUNNY WEDS 2ND OCT.

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Strange one, Boughen at 1 is a big ask for the young man against the Pirates.

Very strange as there must have been other riders far better than Boughen who could have guested maybe the team manager will explain as he was never going to be a match winner 

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

You can't blame Boughen. Only one guy to blame and that's the guy who wants to do everything on the cheap.

Pay King or Kerr etc what they want and least makes the meeting a little bit more Competitive.

Boughen only scored 4+1 on his last visit to Scunny.  Was he the only rider available, tbf many riders have packed up for the year??

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dhr said:

Hi all, I don’t often comment on here but I do feel the need to clear this up.

we did plan to run rr at home as we felt it was the best option and would reasonably cover for tofty, plus give our riders an extra ride. However as some of you know Kyle’s partner is heavily pregnant and is due anytime and late Friday night he informed me that she was having what they thought maybe contractions, it turned out to be a false alarm but myself and Rob felt it was too much of a gamble to run rr incase something happened before the meeting. Kyle also had my full support in whatever he chose to do.

Getting a suitable guest was difficult, we tried all these riders and more but for whatever reason couldn’t or didn’t want to do it, it was never a financial issue as it never got that far.

Ashton was more than happy to do it and yes it didn’t work out for him but if we had run rr and something had happened to Kyle Sunday morning the club couldn’t have puta team out as we had already exhausted all avenues, ok granted it didn’t happen but it could have.

well done to Poole on their deserved victory, they are a formidable team that just keep coming at you heat after heat but I won’t let it take the shine off what has been a good year, we just came up short at the end.

cheers

David

That's exactly what you explained in the BSN interview before the meeting. Thanks. Just unfortunate that Boughen couldn't yet hack it as a number 1.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dhr said:

well done to Poole on their deserved victory, they are a formidable team that just keep coming at you heat after heat but I won’t let it take the shine off what has been a good year, we just came up short at the end.

There's still a 2nd leg to come. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

You can't blame Boughen. Only one guy to blame and that's the guy who wants to do everything on the cheap.

Pay King or Kerr etc what they want and least makes the meeting a little bit more Competitive.

I 100% don't blame Boughen, I'm sure he tried his best. Still a poor performance obviously, but as a club Scunny need to blame themselves for not sticking with r/r.

Over the two legs, Poole still would easily win, but a shame for Scunny fans to end their home season with a performance like that.

Just read the comment about why they went with Boughen, so I guess it's less of a daft move. Ideally would've got a better guest in.

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I 100% don't blame Boughen, I'm sure he tried his best. Still a poor performance obviously, but as a club Scunny need to blame themselves for not sticking with r/r.

Over the two legs, Poole still would easily win, but a shame for Scunny fans to end their home season with a performance like that.

Hope Boughen keeps that form for Saturday!

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Very enjoyable meeting. Yes it was one sided, made more so by bringing in Boughen as a number one when they could have used Allen, Mountain, Lambert and Howarth/Harrison and kept the score reasonably close. Boughen was on a hiding to nothing.

Special mention to two young riders. Harrison and Foord. Both raw and prone to errors but both aggressive and great fun to watch. Harrison was excellent for a reserve and deserved his heat 15. Gave Lawson a hard time and Lawson had to use a bit of skill to back Harrison away.

Vinnie Foord doesn’t know when to give up and deserved far more than his score.  

Some great racing and the meeting was done and dusted in 75 minutes.

Can Scunthorpe surprise the Pirates in the second leg? Not a chance. But I hope they come to Poole and put up a fight for their fans.

Boughen was brought in at no 1 as Kyle Howarth was a massive doubt to make the fixture as his partner is expecting a child . David Howe  Scorpions team manager addressed this after the match in the club house 

He stated Tofty was defiantly out and Kyle was less then 50/50 to make the meeting so he asked riders to fill in ,certain riders were cup tied as they had ridden for other clubs in the play offs , riders wanted to much money and other riders turned down the booking so by having Ashton in the team they would always have a minimum of six riders and a R/R facility to take on Poole . 
    Kyle did make the fixture and yes Ashton was a little out of his depth but was brave enough to take the booking  and thank you for doing that . It didn’t matter what side we had our Poole were too strong for us and were class on the night .no hard feelings to any riders from Scunny as it was a tough gig and a meeting to far. What we do get at Scunny is top class racing and that’s why  I go following Hull Vikings demise about 18 yrs ago  .Support speedway or we won’t have Speedway in a few years 

Rant over well done Poole and let’s see what next season brings as I’ve got knowledge of the Scorpions side for next year and it’s a fact we will be a top 4 side again  . Plus watching speedway in September when some clubs finished there season  6 weeks ago

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Boughen was brought in at no 1 as Kyle Howarth was a massive doubt to make the fixture as his partner is expecting a child . David Howe  Scorpions team manager addressed this after the match in the club house 

He stated Tofty was defiantly out and Kyle was less then 50/50 to make the meeting so he asked riders to fill in ,certain riders were cup tied as they had ridden for other clubs in the play offs , riders wanted to much money and other riders turned down the booking so by having Ashton in the team they would always have a minimum of six riders and a R/R facility to take on Poole . 
    Kyle did make the fixture and yes Ashton was a little out of his depth but was brave enough to take the booking  and thank you for doing that . It didn’t matter what side we had our Poole were too strong for us and were class on the night .no hard feelings to any riders from Scunny as it was a tough gig and a meeting to far. What we do get at Scunny is top class racing and that’s why  I go following Hull Vikings demise about 18 yrs ago  .Support speedway or we won’t have Speedway in a few years 

Rant over well done Poole and let’s see what next season brings as I’ve got knowledge of the Scorpions side for next year and it’s a fact we will be a top 4 side again  . Plus watching speedway in September when some clubs finished there season  6 weeks ago

This was a BSN Series final, nothing to do with play offs, I assume you mean the BSN Semis?

You've not finished this season yet!

Top 4 next season is not a fact (yet), it's your opinion

Edited by IainB
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Tofty was defiantly out!

• Haha 1