British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2025

So from the chit chat in the Panorama Room at the Woffinden talk last night the latest Sheffield news was Woffinden, Pickering and Rowe in the 2025 team with Pickering given the captain role.  Assuming with that then one of the Holder’s is going and Howarth also,  shame on both counts as Holder’s would have at least kept their average and Howarth a steal on his average team building wise as can easily improve that 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Manifesto said:

I’ll complain until the cows come home 🤪

The riders want to earn a living in both leagues so it will get sorted 

I agree. 
Are Polish 1st division riding all fixtures on a Thursday or just the TV ones?

This Ekstraliga 2 Thursday issue that’s getting a lot of airtime on here isn’t as big as it looks.  For example Sheffield started their season middle of March and finished end of September, in that period there was 9 Thursdays unused, pretty sure Polish fixtures will be out well ahead of British ones so surely with big of jiggery pokery the fixtures could easily be accommodated to fit in the 12 TV fixtures from Poland 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4BenMoran said:

So from the chit chat in the Panorama Room at the Woffinden talk last night the latest Sheffield news was Woffinden, Pickering and Rowe in the 2025 team with Pickering given the captain role.  Assuming with that then one of the Holder’s is going and Howarth also,  shame on both counts as Holder’s would have at least kept their average and Howarth a steal on his average team building wise as can easily improve that 

Did P Adams do his 30min stand up routine he was hilarious on Wednesday night.

If its a 39 point limit the obvious team feels like-

1.C holder 8.79/J Holder 8.85

2. Howarth 5.05/Kerr 4.77 or Sedgy 4.79

3. Picko 6.74

4. Harris 6.06

5.  Woffy 8.45

6. Rowe 3.91

7. Edwards or Gilkes 

Don't think it'll be far off that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

3. Picko 6.74

4. Harris 6.06

5.  Woffy 8.45

6. Rowe 3.91

7. Edwards or Gilkes 

Looks a great side imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

3. Picko 6.74

4. Harris 6.06

5.  Woffy 8.45

6. Rowe 3.91

7. Edwards or Gilkes 

I've got the exact same team written down.

If it's true about the Woffy talk in news then it'll surely be Jack at No.1 considering the talk is about Picko being the captain which would point to Howarth leaving.

15 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Did P Adams do his 30min stand up routine he was hilarious on Wednesday night.

Done it at Berwick last Friday very funny

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

I've got the exact same team written down.

If it's true about the Woffy talk in news then it'll surely be Jack at No.1 considering the talk is about Picko being the captain which would point to Howarth leaving.

Could just be they're looking to go down a different direction in terms if captain, maybe taking it off Kyle so he can just focus on his racing.

Personally only reason I could see us not signing Kyle is because of averages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Could just be they're looking to go down a different direction in terms if captain, maybe taking it off Kyle so he can just focus on his racing.

Personally only reason I could see us not signing Kyle is because of averages.

I've still got Kyle in my Sheffield line-ups because they won't find anyone better around Owlerton on a 5.05 imo.

One built to 39.00 the other using a 40.00 Limit.

39.00 Exactly (Same as you) C. Holder, Howarth, Pickering, Harris, Woffinden, Rowe & Edwards/Gilkes (RS)

39.40/39.06 (J. Holder, Howarth, Pickering, Harris, C.Holder/Woffinden, Rowe & Edwards/Gilkes (RS)

• Like 2

I've seen lots of comments saying Howarth is a must for Sheffield as "no one is better round Sheffield on a 5.05 average". But looking at his home vs away split, it's 5.42 (6.03) at home & 5.00 (6.08) away.

Based on that, I'd suggest he should be signed for his away form?

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

This would explain the Howarth rumours, What if it's a 40.00 limit and Rowe is at No.2?

1. J. Holder 8.85

2. Rowe 3.91

3. Woffinden 8.45

4. Pickering 6.74

5. C. Holder 8.79

6. Edwards 3.00

7. Gilkes (RS)

= 39.74

Basically need that top 4 to get 43 points each meeting to have a chance of a win.  Rowe’s average is inflated as 95% based riding in reserve berth, he’ll struggle to maintain a 4 point average at number 2, as for Gilles and Edwards we’ve been there done that and neither really cut the mustard.  Personally would rather have something a par like Harris/Howarth instead of Woffinden/Gilkes. 

5 minutes ago, 4BenMoran said:

Basically need that top 4 to get 43 points each meeting to have a chance of a win.  Rowe’s average is inflated as 95% based riding in reserve berth, he’ll struggle to maintain a 4 point average at number 2, as for Gilles and Edwards we’ve been there done that and neither really cut the mustard.  Personally would rather have something a par like Harris/Howarth instead of Woffinden/Gilkes. 

Personally I don't think they'd go down the route of the team that I've named above as it's too risky.

I was only using it as an example to explain the Howarth rumour because Sheffield wouldn't swap him out for another 5.00 pointer imo considering they wouldn't be able to match Kyle's scoring power around Owlerton.

Personally I've got Sheffield down for 1 Holder Brother, Tai, Picko, Bomber, Howarth, Rowe + Edwards or Gilkes (RS)

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Sheffield top 5 next season:

1. Jack Holder 

2. Anders Rowe

3. Chris Holder

4. Josh Pickering (C)

5. Tai Woffinden 

Howarth on his way to Leicester.

Can't see it personally. At times I felt we really got caught out at reserve last season.