British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2025

Just now, Fromafar said:

He will have few “hairy moments “ in the Polish 2nd Division with the kamikaze youngsters to contend with next year.Interesting.

He’s ok in U.K. but won’t be a threat like Lambert and Bewley in the gp’s

Posted (edited)

Jack (8.85) - better start to the 2025 season could push to a 9.25 

Kyle (5.05 inc Brit reduction ) - difficult number 2 spot, has ability to add up to up to 1.00 to 2025 starting average 

Chris (8.79) - should be able to retain average in 2025 

Josh (6.74) - starts 2025 like he ended 2024 could push to a 7.25

Tai (8.45 inc Brit reduction) - massive risk including in 2025 team after again missing another big chunk of a season, can only see average going south due to that 

Jason (3.48 inc Brit reduction) - reached his threshold at number 6 with Owlerton as his home track, would increase average if allowed as RS in 2025

Dan- (3.18 inc Brit reduction) - maybe time for a change of scenery for his benefit as not moved on as expected in RS spot 

Edited by 4BenMoran

3 hours ago, TTT said:

If it's a 40.00 limit the team picks itself.

1. J. Holder

2. Howarth

3. Pickering

4. Harris

5. C. Holder / Woffinden

6. Rowe

7. Edwards (RS)

Chris Holder Pickering woffinden all riding polish div 1 Thursday's so Sheffield have a big problem there ? 

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

Chris Holder Pickering woffinden all riding polish div 1 Thursday's so Sheffield have a big problem there ? 

Chris Holder may be riding Ekstraliga for Rybnik yet.

2 hours ago, Manifesto said:

If Poland do us over and the likes of Picko, Woffy etc don’t ride UK might as well shut up shop 

Poland are not doing "anyone over"...

The UK had Thursday as their priority night...

And they gave it up so Poland could use it...

No point complaining now...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Manifesto said:

If Poland do us over and the likes of Picko, Woffy etc don’t ride UK might as well shut up shop 

Blame Morris for that, still waiting for the influx of ‘top riders’ from Ekstraliga who were to be allowed to ride in UK if Thursdays were given up. 

24 minutes ago, 4BenMoran said:

Blame Morris for that, still waiting for the influx of ‘top riders’ from Ekstraliga who were to be allowed to ride in UK if Thursdays were given up. 

It’s actually our fault (The Aces) as we brokered a deal so as to allow Dan to return in 2022. The BSPL scuppered it as they didn’t like Dan signing for us at the eleventh hour when all other teams were complete and unable to take advantage of the polish league lads at such short notice. Dan leaked this on social media and got a swift rebuke from Godfrey.  We then rushed Zagar through, which again irked the BSPL as they had laughed saying good luck with getting that visa sorted any time soon. 

We didn’t know the future plans for the polish leagues and the issue with Thursday wasn’t there back then. The BSPL were happy to agree to the deal the following season and take advantage of a new batch of riders. 

i do wonder if this is being overplayed a bit

unless im mistaken its one meeting a week on a Thurs for polish telly and id have thought that can be worked round

if ive got that wrong then @racers and royals will correct me

and at the end of the day its only 12 regular home meetings per side

the problem will come with rearranged fixtures I guess but that is where mr morris comes in to get the two governing bodies working together more 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

i do wonder if this is being overplayed a bit

unless im mistaken its one meeting a week on a Thurs for polish telly and id have thought that can be worked round

if ive got that wrong then @racers and royals will correct me

and at the end of the day its only 12 regular home meetings per side

the problem will come with rearranged fixtures I guess but that is where mr morris comes in to get the two governing bodies working together more 

I have seen nothing to say the Polish league’s are going to start using Thursday regularly. Maybe i missed something. They do use a few Thursday’s for Polish Championships and maybe the odd re-arranged match but that’s about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mikebv said:

Poland are not doing "anyone over"...

The UK had Thursday as their priority night...

And they gave it up so Poland could use it...

No point complaining now...

I’ll complain until the cows come home 🤪

The riders want to earn a living in both leagues so it will get sorted