British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2025

After another good season in 2024 the Tigers current 1-6 totalled 41.50 points so based on the start limit being 40 points in 2025 like it was this season they’ll need some changes in the line up to loose that 1.50 points, with surely one of the big three leaving

Jack Holder - 8.85

Kyle Howarth - 5.05

Josh Pickering - 6.74

Chris Harris - 6.06

Chris Holder - 8.79

Anders Rowe - 3.91

Edwards/Ablitt/Foord - Rising Star

Total - 39.40

49 minutes ago, 4BenMoran said:

After another good season in 2024 the Tigers current 1-6 totalled 41.50 points so based on the start limit being 40 points in 2025 like it was this season they’ll need some changes in the line up to loose that 1.50 points, with surely one of the big three leaving

Jack Holder - 8.85

Kyle Howarth - 5.05

Josh Pickering - 6.74

Chris Harris - 6.06

Chris Holder - 8.79

Anders Rowe - 3.91

Total - 39.40

Are they the final averages? As they are slightly different to the British speedway website latest ones. 

2024 team been a pleasure to watch, especially when we had Woffy going well. Finishing top of the table and winning the cup you’d say go similar as possible. But I do think we were left wanting at reserve in many meetings relying too heavily on the Holders, which last night proved to be our undoing. If the strong rumours of Anders Rowe signing are true then that is a great reserve to have. I think they have to get Picko back just for entertainment value and I’d make him the captain. 

if the same points limit applies with a RS at 7 

Jack Holder 8.7

Tai Woffinden 8.46

Robert Lambert 7.61

Josh Pickering 6.61 

Anders Rowe 3.91

leaves 4.71 for the final rider, Thomsen or Kerr maybe?

think Edwards could be the preferred choice as RS 

8 hours ago, Manifesto said:

Are they the final averages? As they are slightly different to the British speedway website latest ones. 

2024 team been a pleasure to watch, especially when we had Woffy going well. Finishing top of the table and winning the cup you’d say go similar as possible. But I do think we were left wanting at reserve in many meetings relying too heavily on the Holders, which last night proved to be our undoing. If the strong rumours of Anders Rowe signing are true then that is a great reserve to have. I think they have to get Picko back just for entertainment value and I’d make him the captain. 

if the same points limit applies with a RS at 7 

Jack Holder 8.7

Tai Woffinden 8.46

Robert Lambert 7.61

Josh Pickering 6.61 

Anders Rowe 3.91

leaves 4.71 for the final rider, Thomsen or Kerr maybe?

think Edwards could be the preferred choice as RS 

He might well be, but he may well be snapped up elsewhere before Sheffield get to have their pick..

Thats also if he’s allowed to drop back in to a rising star position as well.

Edited by Arch Stanton

WE can all have our wish list but I am waiting to see what happens regarding Poland riding on Thursdays. I know Josh will be one who is affected by this. I also think that there will be a reduction in the points limit which could have a big effect on team make up. So we will have to wait and see. The only thing that I think we can be confident in is haveing the Rising Star in each team. For me it would have to be Dan. Over the last few weeks he has made so much progress I think he would be worth going with again.

4 hours ago, Wollyhat said:

WE can all have our wish list but I am waiting to see what happens regarding Poland riding on Thursdays. I know Josh will be one who is affected by this. I also think that there will be a reduction in the points limit which could have a big effect on team make up. So we will have to wait and see. The only thing that I think we can be confident in is haveing the Rising Star in each team. For me it would have to be Dan. Over the last few weeks he has made so much progress I think he would be worth going with again.

Has he been signed by an Ekstraliga 2 team? Last season he was riding in liga 1 right? 

Pickering and Chris Holder will be in Ekstraliga 2 (Lezsno and Ostrow) so could be impacted by this Thursday TV night for that league in Poland 

Think Dan Gilkes could do with some time at a different track as a Rising Star, fine when he gates but rarely do you do you see him gain points from the back, a stint at somewhere like Ipswich would be great for him to learn some more track craft 

• Haha 1

I think Howarth has had his day at Sheffield now, he’s been a great servant to the club but I think a move away would suit both parties. He has been very inconsistent this season, at times getting beat by rising stars and much lesser riders who with no disrespect he should be absolutely thrashing. 

I was told Woffinden was coming back next season but now it’s up in the air. 

I wouldn’t have Jason Edwards back either, his style of riding does not suit the owlerton circuit one bit, he seems to lack bottle around the faster/ bigger tracks and seems to get beat up, bullied and passed by opposing riders far too easily. 

1. J Holder

2. ??? 

3. Harris

4. Pickering

5. Woffinden 

6. Rowe

7. Gilkes/Foord RS

It looking as though we need to release one of our top 3.

I think that we should keep a hold of Chris Holder.

So it is Jack Holder or Tai to be released.

So for me because he is British and we have a reduction on his average for me keep Tai.

The 2nd strings, Howarth and Pickering.

Definitely keep Pickering he is exciting to watch and he seems to good to have in the pits.

And keep Kyle Howarth

I am hoping the Anders Rowe rumour is true, and would definitely be a good signing for the club, but do think that he will be hot property and a number of clubs would be looking to sign him up.

The Rising Star I would give that to Dan Gilkes.

So my team for next season would be.

(1) Tai Woffinden

(2) Kyle Howarth

(3) Josh Pickering

(4) Maciej Janowski

(5) Chris Holder

(6) Anders Rowe

(7) Dan Gilkes

Maybe a swap deal with Oxford, Janowski to Sheffield and Jack Holder to Oxford. 

18 hours ago, 4BenMoran said:

Pickering and Chris Holder will be in Ekstraliga 2 (Lezsno and Ostrow) so could be impacted by this Thursday TV night for that league in Poland 

Think Dan Gilkes could do with some time at a different track as a Rising Star, fine when he gates but rarely do you do you see him gain points from the back, a stint at somewhere like Ipswich would be great for him to learn some more track craft 

Reports in Poland when I was over there last month is that whether C.holder gets promoted or doesn’t he will ride in the top league as someone will pick him up due to him riding good this / last season. 

On 9/20/2024 at 8:21 PM, 4BenMoran said:

Jack Holder - 8.85

Kyle Howarth - 5.05

Josh Pickering - 6.74

Chris Harris - 6.06

Chris Holder - 8.79

Anders Rowe - 3.91

Total - 39.40

Far to early for foord needs a full season in champ at least.

19 hours ago, spin king said:

It looking as though we need to release one of our top 3.

I think that we should keep a hold of Chris Holder.

So it is Jack Holder or Tai to be released.

So for me because he is British and we have a reduction on his average for me keep Tai.

The 2nd strings, Howarth and Pickering.

Definitely keep Pickering he is exciting to watch and he seems to good to have in the pits.

And keep Kyle Howarth

I am hoping the Anders Rowe rumour is true, and would definitely be a good signing for the club, but do think that he will be hot property and a number of clubs would be looking to sign him up.

The Rising Star I would give that to Dan Gilkes.

So my team for next season would be.

(1) Tai Woffinden

(2) Kyle Howarth

(3) Josh Pickering

(4) Maciej Janowski

(5) Chris Holder

(6) Anders Rowe

(7) Dan Gilkes

Maybe a swap deal with Oxford, Janowski to Sheffield and Jack Holder to Oxford. 

I may be wrong, but I can't see Chris staying if Jack doesn't. Quite possibly the other way round, but I think part of the attraction for Chris was being in a team with his little bro.

Know we got to the play offs but the top heavy and weak reserves definitely caught us out in the end, hopefully a little bit more solid from 1-6 in 2025.

Chris H should be first name on the team sheet, was our rider of the year by a country mile.  

We all know what Jack’s capable of he’s been around the number 1 race jacket for 4 seasons now and no reason why that can’t continue.

Pickering could be a steal at under 7 average if he starts to start seasons as he finishes the previous one, usually takes until mid July for him to get into top gear.

Just hope the promotion don’t get hung up on the Woffinden ‘adds to the gate’ factor to include him in the 1-7 as think that’s run it’s cause.

Howarth had a very inconsistent season but showed again in the KO cup final away at Ipswich and play off final at home that he’s capable of scoring well against tough opposition, so that 5.05 average could he easily add a point too 

Would love to see Harris there on that 6.06 average, he’d be good for double digits most weeks around Owlerton and scored well at all the other UK tracks, there’d be less pressure on him with Holder bros and Pickering ahead of him in the averages.

Rowe is nailed on and should be comfortable at number 6 to start with, putting pressure on Howarth for the number 2 race jacket.

Rising Star I’d like to see someone new, we’ve tried with Gilles and he’s not progressed at all this year, Edwards can be good if he gates but passing especially around Owlerton isn’t his strong point and I bet he’d admit that.  Ablitt scored well for the Cubs team Owlerton so could be looked at and if Oxford didn’t want Kileen I’d snap him up in a heartbeat,  Foord might be a raw novice but seen him on BSN for Poole beating the other Rising Stars home and away so worth a shot also 

Yes we have had a good 2004 season and were unlucky to lose the playoffs by just a couple of points. I know the team was built top heavy BUT over the season I feel our reserves have not been strong enough, many times they were out scored by the opposition reserves on our home track.

Kyle while a good rider for me has blown hot and cold this season at times, one week beating almost everyone in sight the next at the back playing catchup. 

Would love to see Tai back next year but how much has his damaged elbow taken out of him and will be be 100% for come March?

All in all I have no idea who to keep and who should go really but at the same time I don't envy Steady and the rest of the managements job of giving us a competitive team within the points limit and budget but one thing I do know whatever team we get next season my grandson and I will be there cheering them on.