British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2025

After another good season in 2024 the Tigers current 1-6 totalled 41.50 points so based on the start limit being 40 points in 2025 like it was this season they’ll need some changes in the line up to loose that 1.50 points, with surely one of the big three leaving

Jack Holder - 8.85

Kyle Howarth - 5.05

Josh Pickering - 6.74

Chris Harris - 6.06

Chris Holder - 8.79

Anders Rowe - 3.91

Edwards/Ablitt/Foord - Rising Star

Total - 39.40

49 minutes ago, 4BenMoran said:

After another good season in 2024 the Tigers current 1-6 totalled 41.50 points so based on the start limit being 40 points in 2025 like it was this season they’ll need some changes in the line up to loose that 1.50 points, with surely one of the big three leaving

Jack Holder - 8.85

Kyle Howarth - 5.05

Josh Pickering - 6.74

Chris Harris - 6.06

Chris Holder - 8.79

Anders Rowe - 3.91

Edwards/Ablitt/Foord - Rising Star

Total - 39.40

Are they the final averages? As they are slightly different to the British speedway website latest ones. 

2024 team been a pleasure to watch, especially when we had Woffy going well. Finishing top of the table and winning the cup you’d say go similar as possible. But I do think we were left wanting at reserve in many meetings relying too heavily on the Holders, which last night proved to be our undoing. If the strong rumours of Anders Rowe signing are true then that is a great reserve to have. I think they have to get Picko back just for entertainment value and I’d make him the captain. 

if the same points limit applies with a RS at 7 

Jack Holder 8.7

Tai Woffinden 8.46

Robert Lambert 7.61

Josh Pickering 6.61 

Anders Rowe 3.91

leaves 4.71 for the final rider, Thomsen or Kerr maybe?

think Edwards could be the preferred choice as RS 

I'll go with the rumours of Rowe because Buster won't pay more than the Bates family for a rider.

1. J. Holder

2. Howarth

3. Pickering

4. ?

5. C. Holder / Woffinden

6. Rowe

7. Edwards (RS)

8 hours ago, Manifesto said:

Are they the final averages? As they are slightly different to the British speedway website latest ones. 

2024 team been a pleasure to watch, especially when we had Woffy going well. Finishing top of the table and winning the cup you’d say go similar as possible. But I do think we were left wanting at reserve in many meetings relying too heavily on the Holders, which last night proved to be our undoing. If the strong rumours of Anders Rowe signing are true then that is a great reserve to have. I think they have to get Picko back just for entertainment value and I’d make him the captain. 

if the same points limit applies with a RS at 7 

Jack Holder 8.7

Tai Woffinden 8.46

Robert Lambert 7.61

Josh Pickering 6.61 

Anders Rowe 3.91

leaves 4.71 for the final rider, Thomsen or Kerr maybe?

think Edwards could be the preferred choice as RS 

He might well be, but he may well be snapped up elsewhere before Sheffield get to have their pick..

Thats also if he’s allowed to drop back in to a rising star position as well.

Edited by Arch Stanton

WE can all have our wish list but I am waiting to see what happens regarding Poland riding on Thursdays. I know Josh will be one who is affected by this. I also think that there will be a reduction in the points limit which could have a big effect on team make up. So we will have to wait and see. The only thing that I think we can be confident in is haveing the Rising Star in each team. For me it would have to be Dan. Over the last few weeks he has made so much progress I think he would be worth going with again.

4 hours ago, Wollyhat said:

WE can all have our wish list but I am waiting to see what happens regarding Poland riding on Thursdays. I know Josh will be one who is affected by this. I also think that there will be a reduction in the points limit which could have a big effect on team make up. So we will have to wait and see. The only thing that I think we can be confident in is haveing the Rising Star in each team. For me it would have to be Dan. Over the last few weeks he has made so much progress I think he would be worth going with again.

Has he been signed by an Ekstraliga 2 team? Last season he was riding in liga 1 right? 

Pickering and Chris Holder will be in Ekstraliga 2 (Lezsno and Ostrow) so could be impacted by this Thursday TV night for that league in Poland 

Think Dan Gilkes could do with some time at a different track as a Rising Star, fine when he gates but rarely do you do you see him gain points from the back, a stint at somewhere like Ipswich would be great for him to learn some more track craft