British Speedway Forum

Grand final guest options for Poole

With Ben Cook having suffered concussion on Thursday while riding for the Aces, Poole will need guests for their Grand Final with Oxford. Fortunately Ben has a very healthy average, so that shouldn't be a factor in finding guests. 

I would like to see Chris Harris and Josh Pickering showing up for the Pirates. 

3 minutes ago, Bitza said:

Does anyone out there actually know what the rules are for Guesting at finals? 

Can't be from a playoff team and can't have guested for a different playoff team in the semis I believe

Edited by MB723
  • Like 3

I reckon Kerr at Oxford and Bomber or Picko at Wimborne Road. The latter 2 cannot guest at Oxford cos their GSA's are too high. At Poole Ben's average of 8.72 has a +5% option for a guest. October's GSAs will give different (worse?) options if Ben is not fit to return.

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I reckon Kerr at Oxford and Bomber or Picko at Wimborne Road. The latter 2 cannot guest at Oxford cos their GSA's are too high. At Poole Ben's average of 8.72 has a +5% option for a guest. October's GSAs will give different (worse?) options if Ben is not fit to return.

Kerr guested for Workington at Poole so won't be allowed

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lewy said:

You probably watched it live must be an age thing

Absolutely. So many meetings with all the finals Poole are in, it gets a bit confusing.😇

So unlike Plymouth with few fixtures, few riders.................................!🤣

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So he did. I forgot that. Maybe Danny King can be convinced then?

Depends how injured he is I guess as he wasn't taking guest bookings. Not a lot of options at Oxford when you take the play off teams out and who has guested in play offs so far! 

If King can't then maybe Anders Rowe or Ben Barker! 

Or non Championship riders like Riss or even Rew (if that fits). Or Blodorn (but that might be too high) :unsure:

Edited by lisa-colette

They will have who they want.

No-one will be exempted.

This is Speedway.

This is Poole

Poole are run by one of the 4 Management Committee Members; Oxford are NOT.

The Cabal will meet, the Blue and White smoke will be spotted above the roofs of Rugby.

Vatcher will be called in to adjudicate on behalf of the Cabal - erm sorry CCB - Cabal Control Board. 

He will pronounce forthwith-

"The Rules are the Rules until the Rules are unfair Rules for those that make the Rules therefore on this occasion the rule makers have trashed the Rules and made new temporary Rules for the good of the Cabal (stet - Sport)...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends how injured he is I guess as he wasn't taking guest bookings. Not a lot of options at Oxford when you take the play off teams out and who has guested in play offs so far! 

If King can't then maybe Anders Rowe or Ben Barker! 

Or non Championship riders like Riss or even Rew (if that fits). Or Blodorn (but that might be too high) :unsure:

Blodorn 8.31 and rew 8.14 so they fit 

• Thanks 1

Poole cheat,

blah blah blah

This is getting boring.

They are only missing one rider, several plausible replacements have been identified, they will simply book one (or two) and getting on with it.

• Like 1