British Speedway Forum

Eurosport, terrible professionalism.

Odds On

20 hours ago, Tim G said:

If it’s less than a year old it will probably have a web browser, it’s what I use to watch BSN. I just go to the webpage and log in and watch it from there.

Ah that’s something that I can / could do yes!! 

5 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

All smart TVs have a web browser, go to watch.britishspeedway.co.uk You will see a QR code, open your camera on your phone, you will be prompted to log in via your phone, your TV will then show the BSN site!

Some other top tips: the square icon bottom right makes it full screen.

On the race card under the video panel if you click on a heat it will take you to that heat.

Right at the bottom on the left there is always a link to download a free race card in case you want to print it off and fill it in as you go!

Thanks for the nice comments all and enjoy the playoffs!

From the man himself - many thanks! One of my go to winter speedway fixes is to watch the last seasons action on BSN!! 

thanks to all the others it seems that web browser for 25 is the best option!!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 1:04 PM, ArthurRudge said:

I'm afraid I am not a fan of female presenters not that I have anything against them as a person Abi is full of beans and a lovely person. 

Why?  Completely sexist to say that. We have speedway experts in both sexes, and equally some very good professional broadcasters in both sexes.  The woman who hosted with Scott for BT Sports was fantastic for example.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheReturn said:

Why?  Completely sexist to say that. We have speedway experts in both sexes, and equally some very good professional broadcasters in both sexes.  The woman who hosted with Scott for BT Sports was fantastic for example.  

Natalie Quirk. She’s a Belle Vue fan.

7 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Natalie Quirk. She’s a Belle Vue fan.

A Belle Vue fan as in she doesn't attend for the whole season but turns up at pay off time? 😁

There's a lot of miserable b'stards on here😃.  I'm just glad to be able to watch it on TV as I would never attend that many meetings.  Eurosport put the money in (I'm sure the BSP are glad they did) and the presenters do a great job - I can forgive the odd mistake, life's too short.

• Like 2

What goes out on TV is the Directors decision. Maybe the way forward would be to find someone already working in sports broadcasting who has an understanding of the sport. Step forward Steve Brandon....

No reason to pick on Abi

She has an earpiece with her producer telling her what to do so she has to comply 

When the Sheffield boys were upset she initially said she was leaving them alone and then was obviously told to try and talk to them 

I think Abi is fine I think some people just look for an issue doesn’t matter who is presenting the would find flaw 

Scott and Chris are fine but kelvin does get flustered easily …. With 2 heats to go he said Sheffield need to get two 5-1’s …. Then within a minute said a 4-2 may well do … it’s basic maths to be 8 down with 2 to go to know what’s required 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

No reason to pick on Abi

She has an earpiece with her producer telling her what to do so she has to comply 

When the Sheffield boys were upset she initially said she was leaving them alone and then was obviously told to try and talk to them 

I think Abi is fine I think some people just look for an issue doesn’t matter who is presenting the would find flaw 

Scott and Chris are fine but kelvin does get flustered easily …. With 2 heats to go he said Sheffield need to get two 5-1’s …. Then within a minute said a 4-2 may well do … it’s basic maths to be 8 down with 2 to go to know what’s required 

Abi has stated before that Chirs Louis advised her to not ask riders about an interview and just go up to them. She was just following advice.

8 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Abi has stated before that Chirs Louis advised her to not ask riders about an interview and just go up to them. She was just following advice.

And on BSN Greg Blair said that Picko had told him to always stick a microphone under his nose... then, when Abi Stephens does it he turns down the interview. 

Men just don't like women being involved in "their sport". It's as simple as that. No matter which way you look at it, it's sexism.

Of course, there are bad female pundits but there's so absolute 🤡 male pundits too that have even 'Played the Game'.

It's across ever male dominated sport

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Men just don't like women being involved in "their sport". It's as simple as that. No matter which way you look at it, it's sexism.

Of course, there are bad female pundits but there's so absolute 🤡 male pundits too that have even 'Played the Game'.

It's across ever male dominated sport

I think with football it's justified.  For the womens Euros they had women presenters/commentators.  With mens Euros they still had women presenters/commentators.  It should always be the best person for the job, irrespective of gender, race etc.

2 hours ago, IainB said:

And on BSN Greg Blair said that Picko had told him to always stick a microphone under his nose... then, when Abi Stephens does it he turns down the interview. 

I think it was more PIcko shielding his team mate and ultimately, Abi.
If she'd got to Jack to ask something about the crash etc, no doubt she would have been on the wrong side of a Holder tantrum and everyone would have been left red faced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think with football it's justified.  For the womens Euros they had women presenters/commentators.  With mens Euros they still had women presenters/commentators.  It should always be the best person for the job, irrespective of gender, race etc.

Women for women's football and Men for men's football.

• Like 1