British Speedway Forum

Eurosport, terrible professionalism.

Odds On

12 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Couldn’t agree more - I wish Greg would do it permanently. I’m probably in the minority here but I can’t stand the women presenters not just Abi, Hayley Bromley too, not to mention the 2 other younger monotone models recently added to the BSN pits interviewing team - makes me cringe. Btw I’m a female!

The young lady on BSN does seem like a bit box ticking exercise and a bit cringey but my son thinks she is wonderful but that’s more about his hormones than her speedway presenting talents 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Wild Man Vic said:

Yet again Eurosport proves that it is not about the budget at your disposal, but it is how you use it!

The brilliant BSN blows it clean out of the water on just a fraction of the budget!!

IF ..... Discovery had any intelligence they would say to BSN: "Can you provide us with the speedway coverage next season please?" - the end result would be a saving to their budget and a far better production!

Whilst this might seem ideal this is how mediocrity sets in again, BSN get bought or absored into Eurosport and the big company producer calls the shots and we end up back where we started with poor coverage and production! I think the BSN shoudl stay independant, I am tempted to ditch discovery plus next year and get a warts and all BSN pass instead, the only thing that stopes me is what app would stream BSN on a smart TV as i dont really want to watch on my computer or ipad.

The issue with ES for me seems to be no one involved seems to either understand or care about speedway, its just another recording job and it shows! Helmet cam is perhaps fine for a replay but its such a ludicrous feature when the race is ongoing and it drives me mad.

I think Abby is fine as a presenter - not the best but certainly not thr worst!

4 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Whilst this might seem ideal this is how mediocrity sets in again, BSN get bought or absored into Eurosport and the big company producer calls the shots and we end up back where we started with poor coverage and production! I think the BSN shoudl stay independant, I am tempted to ditch discovery plus next year and get a warts and all BSN pass instead, the only thing that stopes me is what app would stream BSN on a smart TV as i dont really want to watch on my computer or ipad.

The issue with ES for me seems to be no one involved seems to either understand or care about speedway, its just another recording job and it shows! Helmet cam is perhaps fine for a replay but its such a ludicrous feature when the race is ongoing and it drives me mad.

You don't need a smart TV to see BSN on TV. Just get a cable to connect tablet/computer/phone to the TV. 

I got a type C usb to HDMI cable from Amazon for a few quid and works a treat.

Unless of course you're upgrading your TV anyway, then obviously a Smart TV is the way forward 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

You don't need a smart TV to see BSN on TV. Just get a cable to connect tablet/computer/phone to the TV. 

I got a type C usb to HDMI cable from Amazon for a few quid and works a treat.

Unless of course you're upgrading your TV anyway, then obviously a Smart TV is the way forward 

yes good point hadn't thought of that actually! I have all the right cables etc - current Smart TV less than a year old so it will be a while but i can screen mirror etc! I wasn't thinking 'laterally' as the saying goes!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

yes good point hadn't thought of that actually! I have all the right cables etc - current Smart TV less than a year old so it will be a while but i can screen mirror etc! I wasn't thinking 'laterally' as the saying goes!

Have you tried searching for the BSN app on your smart tv ?

46 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

If it’s less than a year old it will probably have a web browser, it’s what I use to watch BSN. I just go to the webpage and log in and watch it from there.

• Like 1

I have quite a lot of the early sky years on vhs/dvd and the commentary, camerawork, and overall presentation was way over Eurosport whatever budget they have.

7 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Also Straight of your Phone or I-pad if you have an Apple box

2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

BSN is just brilliant.

For such a small production it is a class act.Hits all the right notes regarding Riders interaction and pits  stuff.Have  to say guest riders Rory and Sedgy are superb at summarising the action track without shouting their head off.

• Like 2