British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2025

2 hours ago, LisaColette said:

If Ben was to do championship it would be at Poole. Don't see Tom doing Champ either, think he only did Poole this year incase he got dropped in Poland or not used much in Sweden so still had the meetings. 

i agree I think they both need to be broadening their horizons beyond the champs 

they have outgrown it now and would be better off in sweden instead where they would learn and develop more 

7 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

i agree I think they both need to be broadening their horizons beyond the champs 

they have outgrown it now and would be better off in sweden instead where they would learn and develop more 

Good suggestion, that'll be great for British speedway. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

The Swedish league operates a squad system of sorts and is in worse financial state than British speedway. Agreeing a Swedish contract and then either being dropped or not used can often mean not getting paid either!! Plenty of examples of that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Good suggestion, that'll be great for British speedway. :rolleyes:

its whats best for them as riders and i think doing other things would benefit them

riders outgrow our second division all the time and new ones come in to take their place

douglas and basso did it last year pickering following suit its just the way it is 

they will all be in the premiership so not lost to british speedway

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

its whats best for them as riders and i think doing other things would benefit them

riders outgrow our second division all the time and new ones come in to take their place

douglas and basso did it last year pickering following suit its just the way it is 

they will all be in the premiership so not lost to british speedway

Think you've summed it up really well, and I've no problem with the situation as a number will stay, but it just confirms what British speedway is now really, a feeder for higher leagues here initially here which is good,but eventually a feeder for Poland for the really good ones we develop, never to be seen again until the final pay days needed when they're past their best in Poland ( apart from Jason Doyle , top man) .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

I doubt he will be at Poole. But my daughter will be happy if he is as she hasn't forgiven them for letting him go yet! Every March time she asks where he is lol. 

could be worky bound, he loves our track .