British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

2 hours ago, 4BenMoran said:

Get your brush out Lemon, this has May Spring Bank Holiday written all over it if it goes ahead.  

You’d think Belle Vue would want but off so that they can possibly have track prep’d as they want it rather than as weather makes it, plus gives advantage of second leg at home (unless Thursday is a washout also) 

The joys of play off speedway in late September (or October) !! 

Having the first leg of the semi final at home didn't seen to hinder Belle Vue.

But you can imagine a decent performance away in the first leg, could really lead to a massive crowd for the home leg.

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

really hope this is on tonight, thoroughly enjoy the racing from Belle Vue. Any locals have a gut feeling whether it'll be on or off?

If it is wet, and they still run, the racing will be very processional...

One line with loads of grip...

Won't be great to watch...

They would have to remove "lots" of material and there would still be a "berm" that will develop that the riders will use...

PUK got his track record in similar conditions..

The final deserves a showpiece event not a gating competition....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If it is wet, and they still run, the racing will be very processional...

One line will loads of grip...

Won't be great to watch...

They would have to remove "lots" of material and there would still be a "berm" that will develop that the riders will use...

PUK got his track record in similar conditions..

The final deserves a showpiece event not a gating competition....

And neither do we want a declared result after 10 heats (is that rule applicable to the Grand Final?)

One of three forecasts I've just read has rain returning at 9.00pm, so we don't want any hanging about between races and a daft interval. Probably too much to hope for that though with Eurosport?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

i recon they are going to run it. been dry here for last 3 hrs about 8 miles from Bellevue and weather saying no rain on Microsoft weather report. 

Thanks for that, I dare say the first news we will hear from Belle Vue officially will be at 7.30pm tonight when everyone that is attending in person will be in the stadium and Eurosport kicks off.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Whatever home advantage we had us probably gone on a wet track ? gaters gloves required? 

Or some serious outmuscling and clever lines around the first two corners. 

31 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Thanks for that, I dare say the first news we will hear from Belle Vue officially will be at 7.30pm tonight when everyone that is attending in person will be in the stadium and Eurosport kicks off.

To be fair there is already over 2k tickets sold so holding off to get everyone in won't make much difference as most buy online these days.   The facts are as things stand the big rain today as so far not materialised.   The Met office forecast still looks horrendous for tonight though. 

It’s not rained like met office said it would since early this morning and most say no rain to come but I really don’t know who to believe. 
the damage already been done anyway with the rain we have had since Saturday so it won’t be good racing but today for us it’s all about the result and last time we faced Leicester in wet conditions early on in year we battered them so I’m guessing that’s marks thought process for running tonight  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It’s not rained like met office said it would since early this morning and most say no rain to come but I really don’t know who to believe. 
the damage already been done anyway with the rain we have had since Saturday so it won’t be good racing but today for us it’s all about the result and last time we faced Leicester in wet conditions early on in year we battered them so I’m guessing that’s marks thought process for running tonight  

Agree Phil, id take a boring dreadful 20 point win over a 48-42 classic. 

45 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

What do you want to be said, they put 2 posts on social media today, a meeting preview and a race day update with times, so it’s on, if it wasn’t on they’d have announced it was off. 

• Like 3

It’s quite apt that the showpiece event of the whole season will end up being gate’n’go as essentially that’s what the league is now - a gating competition. 

Supporters up and down the country are more than happy with it and do not feel the need to badger their promoters about the quality of entertainment on offer. 

• Like 1