British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He was a reserve though.🫢

Yes, heat leader winner, just saw that :)

Belle Vue had 3 heat winners at Leicester in April and 5 (and 3 other 3-3's) in July and they still managed to lose by 20! It's about heat advantages not heat winners

Edited by IainB
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, IainB said:

Belle Vue had 3 heat winners at Leicester in April and 5 (and 3 other 3-3's) in July and they still managed to lose by 20! It's about heat advantages not heat winners

Just like in 2023 this tie isnt over after the first leg, however at only 8 down with 3 to go Leicester would have been very happy - last 3 heats were a disaster for them!

Get a couple fo 5-1s in the first 3-4 heats and its all to play for on Thursday! If i wasnt going to Devon on holiday the next day id be very tempted to make the trip for this!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Just like in 2023 this tie isnt over after the first leg, however at only 8 down with 3 to go Leicester would have been very happy - last 3 heats were a disaster for them!

Get a couple fo 5-1s in the first 3-4 heats and its all to play for on Thursday! If i wasnt going to Devon on holiday the next day id be very tempted to make the trip for this!

Leicester don't have the DJ Woffy or Holders but they do have very capable riders who can ride Leicester, when prepared suitably, very well... I think the weather will decide the eventual outcome and the weather ain't looking great. 

40 minutes ago, IainB said:

Makes it interesting ,don't think it all over,but I fancy Belle Vue to get over the line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

The wetter it is, the better chance for Leicester I would suggest...

They outgated the Aces in at least half the races last night...

And by some margin in some...

And you hardly pass in perfect conditions on their track, so heat advantages could be on the cards for them...

Yes Leicester are quicker out the gate and i expect to see a lot of that in the 2nd leg, Fricke and lawson have every chance of getting them off to a good start.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IainB said:

Leicester don't have the DJ Woffy or Holders but they do have very capable riders who can ride Leicester, when prepared suitably, very well... I think the weather will decide the eventual outcome and the weather ain't looking great. 

Weather permitting I may drive over on Thursday, from reading your posts you seem to do the trip often enough, would you say A50/M1 is the best route to use? Google maps suggest just under 2hrs but obviously that can change depending on the time of day.

1 hour ago, IainB said:

Belle Vue put in a shockingly bad performance back in April, their worst of the season with a full team. Even so we were only 12 down entering heat 15 when Lidsey & Mountain got 5-1’d. I’m hoping we put in a better performance but if not fingers crossed Dan and Brady can do better than Jaimon and Connor did in the decider. 

4 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I often think it takes two riders to make an exciting race, and ours didn't want to know. Now that's their fault of course, but you were under no danger of being passed back were you? It's like watching the back markers getting passed by Schumacher, inevitable but not exciting.

You know mate sometimes even through disappointment you just have to give the opposition credit and hope your own side turn it around. I think Leicester have every chance, Fricke will treble his score from Monday at least, Masters, Becker, and Douglas will be better, Leicester are better out the starts whats the betting Fricke and Lawson jump out in heat 1 and give you a good start? A follow up in heat 2 and its game on. I think the travesty this season is how Ipswich were robbed of half their team. If you didnt enjoy those mentioned races last night maybe speedways not for you? Ive no doubt if your lads had carried out those passes you would have viewed it as a good meeting? Anyway all to play for, im not counting any chickens and if Leicester turn it round i will be gutted but will be on here offering my congratulations.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Weather permitting I may drive over on Thursday, from reading your posts you seem to do the trip often enough, would you say A50/M1 is the best route to use? Google maps suggest just under 2hrs but obviously that can change depending on the time of day.

Yes M6/A50/M1... although God only knows which way I came home last night! I think the A50 was closed and I seemed to be driving down country lanes through the high peaks in the mist! Still did it in 2 hours though

Edited by IainB
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IainB said:

In one of those meetings we had Bewley wiped out by fricke in heat 1 it was a racing accident and we had to use injury r/r so really not a true reflection of the score ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IainB said:

Yes M6/A50/M1... although God only knows which way I came home last night! I think the A50 was closed and I seemed to be driving down country lanes through the high peaks in the mist! Still did it in 2 hours though

Is the M69 J1 open at night now.Last time came to Leicester it was shut.

2 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Ipswich had their number 1 missing all season :D and that proved your point, we simply couldn’t push that extra bit

I thought he was your number 5 ? And in case you hadn't noticed Sheffield have also been without their number 5 for almost as long. Doyle got injured in your 9th league match, Tai rode in 11 before his injury. Not that much difference in the 'normal' season. We also lost Jack for 2 matches at the same time as he was injured in same GP as Tai.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Is the M69 J1 open at night now.Last time came to Leicester it was shut.

Couldn't tell you mate, I don't really use the M69. But all roads are generally a joke after 9:30 pm these days

33 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

In one of those meetings we had Bewley wiped out by fricke in heat 1 it was a racing accident and we had to use injury r/r so really not a true reflection of the score ? 

He scored 6 from 4 in April though. 

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

You know mate sometimes even through disappointment you just have to give the opposition credit and hope your own side turn it around. I think Leicester have every chance, Fricke will treble his score from Monday at least, Masters, Becker, and Douglas will be better, Leicester are better out the starts whats the betting Fricke and Lawson jump out in heat 1 and give you a good start? A follow up in heat 2 and its game on. I think the travesty this season is how Ipswich were robbed of half their team. If you didnt enjoy those mentioned races last night maybe speedways not for you? Ive no doubt if your lads had carried out those passes you would have viewed it as a good meeting? Anyway all to play for, im not counting any chickens and if Leicester turn it round i will be gutted but will be on here offering my congratulations.

You're right, I am disappointed, and I still don't think it was a great meeting, nor awesome as per Dan Bewley, but I'll make it plain in case it's in doubt; Belle Vue were a much better team last night. You always know Bewley will go well, and Kurtz to some extent, but I was impressed with Lidsey despite his year not having been the kick on most people expected, hopefully he'll keep on going now. I also love Norrick Blodorn, his ride was the best of the night. 

I wanted to see a track with both teams going hell for leather, and that isn't BV's fault, nor the tracks, but as I've said, I just think it could have waited and been better for it, regardless whether we subsequently would have got mauled even more or not. I feel like Isiah crying in the wilderness on here but it's my honest opinion.

1 hour ago, DaveWayne said:

I thought he was your number 5 ? And in case you hadn't noticed Sheffield have also been without their number 5 for almost as long. Doyle got injured in your 9th league match, Tai rode in 11 before his injury. Not that much difference in the 'normal' season. We also lost Jack for 2 matches at the same time as he was injured in same GP as Tai.

Yawn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveWayne said:

We also lost Jack for 2 matches at the same time as he was injured in same GP as Tai.

Hmm... yes, we never did get to the bottom of that "injury" did we? 🤔

• Haha 1