British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fricke was red hot around there when he was number one. But he has lost it and is very inconsistent in the U.K. A number one should be first in the queue to ride heat 15 but Lawson and Douglas volunteered. 

Dickson shouldn’t have been looking for volunteers. He should be telling his riders who’s going out and why.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Truth be told if BV win and I think  they will they did it at Sheffield last thursday

Which should have been the final as should have been BV v Leicester semi. 

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Only quoted what Dan said

Well we were constantly told by riders that they liked the Leicester track when it opened, so I'd take their opinions with as much salt and pepper as I can get sometimes!

Belle Vue wanted it more and were willing to put their necks on the line to win it.

I feel the result would have been similar on a dry track too.

Sam Hagon was excellent but a few of the other Leicester riders need to take a look at themselves in the mirror.

Special praise has to go to the track staff for getting the meeting on at all and still producing some good racing despite the conditions.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 2

Just watched it on YT...

Some cracking racing...

Bllodorn third to first...

NKI's move on Becker..

Bewley and Kurtz going either side of riders for fun..

And Sam Hagon showing one or two of his more experienced team mates how to ride the NSS..

Not many tracks in perfect condition would bring up racing that good tonight... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

Which have all been affected by the weather. We hit form when we had bone dry conditions.

You don’t deserve to be classed as the best team in the league or win the play offs then if other teams (even at the bottom of the table) are beating you just because it’s wet.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fricke was red hot around there when he was number one. But he has lost it and is very inconsistent in the U.K. A number one should be first in the queue to ride heat 15 but Lawson and Douglas volunteered. 

How many times over the years have we seen an rider return to the scene of previous triumphs only to bomb - been happening for years 

Leicester kept it close until the final 3-4 heats when BV either upped a gear or the Lions  fell away a few good races as well - good on the riders for having a go and kudos to young Sam Hagon a really decent effort from him! 

if Leicester get a good start it still winnable but I expect BV to defend that! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

But then the teams that don't make the play-offs, finish their season at the beginning of August & miss the summer holiday crowds!

If you want play-offs, need to accept weather won't be ideal.

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

There's no easy way agreed but year on year the play offs and finals are raced in conditions alien to the rest of the season . Speedway has prostituted itself to tv tbf and there are so many blank weeks in summer your first sentence doesn't hold much water

I don't understand what you're saying, if they used up the "many blank weeks" you mentioned to finish the season earlier, then non play-offs clubs would be finishing their seasons at the beginning of August!

If you want the play-offs to start earlier, then the league matches have to finish earlier.

2 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

You don’t deserve to be classed as the best team in the league or win the play offs then if other teams (even at the bottom of the table) are beating you just because it’s wet.

I never said we did. But I think we'd have done better on a dry track, simple as that. We'll never know now though.

Anyway, at worst we're still the second best team in the league. I'll take that.

• Haha 1

Kurtz will be the key in the return leg..

Definitely got to that level of being able to handle big pressure races..

7 wins off him, Dan, Lidsey and NKI should be achievable and see the Aces home..

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

Well if i was interested in speed I'd watch a drag strip, but I want close racing on what we're all told is the world's best stadium bar none.

Lets see how entertaining the racing is at your place, talk about sour grapes and your not even out of this yet, Fricke, Masters, Douglas, and Becker will be far better round your place, no way Brady or Dan will be able to come roaring round the boards down there.

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

No issue with belle cue winning the league after the carve up last week .

Why tho do the supposed best fixtures / finals always end up with quag like conditions year on year . 

It's about time the powers that be tried to get things done and dusted 2/3 wks earlier too at least see both teams gunning for it rather than tootling round 

And then what fixtures do they make money from after the Champions are decided?  Speedway clubs can only operate 8 months of the year.

Just now, bellevueace said:

Lets see how entertaining the racing is at your place, talk about sour grapes and your not even out of this yet, Fricke, Masters, Douglas, and Becker will be far better round your place, no way Brady or Dan will be able to come roaring round the boards down there.

You'll find that I've put the boot into my home track since it opened, so you're hardly going to get a win with that.  

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Riders and Spectators perspective..

He flew round it reading the updates..

A wet NSS delivers "different speedway" to normal racing there..

On TV it can look poor, when there, the speed the likes of Bewley and Kurtz manage to get, inches from the fence at full gas, 50 yards in front, is still pretty impressive..

There were plenty racing lines Kurtz rode round the inside to pass both Leicester riders.Leicester’sMain men weren’t liking wet conditions.

11 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I never said we did. But I think we'd have done better on a dry track, simple as that. We'll never know now though.

Anyway, at worst we're still the second best team in the league. I'll take that.

Second best including your RS ref ;)