British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

12 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

No issue with belle cue winning the league after the carve up last week .

Why tho do the supposed best fixtures / finals always end up with quag like conditions year on year . 

It's about time the powers that be tried to get things done and dusted 2/3 wks earlier too at least see both teams gunning for it rather than tootling round 

But then the teams that don't make the play-offs, finish their season at the beginning of August & miss the summer holiday crowds!

If you want play-offs, need to accept weather won't be ideal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Riders and Spectators perspective..

He flew round it reading the updates..

A wet NSS delivers "different speedway" to normal racing there..

On TV it can look poor, when there, the speed the likes of Bewley and Kurtz manage to get, inches from the fence at full gas, 50 yards in front, is still pretty impressive..

A neutral's perspective, watching on TV. 

There were still plenty of exciting races and good moves to make it enjoyable. Hagon and NKI didn't seem overly bothered by the conditions and watching Bewley, Kurtz, Lidsey and even Blodorn using track craft to position themselves in the right position on the track to pass riders made it an enjoyable watch still

• Like 8

That's the way to run a meeting, no faffing about, just get on with it! Every meeting should be like that! 

After the exciting and close racing of the two semis, the final is, as predicted, a one sided farce! 

Well done to BV, I'm sure the score wouldn't have been any real different tonight even without the rain, and it would have been a travesty really and a sad indictment of how poor British speedway is, if that drab, and classless Leicester team had have won the plays offs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Don't think Leicester bottled it tbf.

Lawson, Masters and Becker have been awful around the NSS all season as I highlighted on the betting thread before tonight's meeting.

Fricke was poor but that's not the first time he's been around the NSS this season either, He had a stinker in April as well scoring 4+2 from 4 rides, Maybe he's just not that good around the NSS despite being a former BV rider.

Indeed, every season people say the team that loses a final has "bottled it" is it not possible a team just lost because their opponents were better?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Don't think Leicester bottled it tbf.

Lawson, Masters and Becker have been awful around the NSS all season as I highlighted on the betting thread before tonight's meeting.

Fricke was poor but that's not the first time he's been around the NSS this season either, He had a stinker in April as well scoring 4+2 from 4 rides, Maybe he's just not that good around the NSS despite being a former BV rider.

Fricke was red hot around there when he was number one. But he has lost it and is very inconsistent in the U.K. A number one should be first in the queue to ride heat 15 but Lawson and Douglas volunteered. 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

But then the teams that don't make the play-offs, finish their season at the beginning of August & miss the summer holiday crowds!

If you want play-offs, need to accept weather won't be ideal.

There's no easy way agreed but year on year the play offs and finals are raced in conditions alien to the rest of the season . Speedway has prostituted itself to tv tbf and there are so many blank weeks in summer your first sentence doesn't hold much water

• Like 3

Just now, mikebv said:

The weather dictates racing like tonight..

And from what I have read the Aces seemed to pass easily enough..

And, if you are a Leicester fan...

You won't be used to close racing anyway...:D

Gate. Go. Hit bend apex. Drift up bend. Lock up. Go down straight..

Rinse and Repeat...:D

Well quite, but I'm not the one with the good race track. Anyway you didn't need skill to pass our lot tonight, we were wobbling mid track.

What I'm saying is why should we let the meeting be dictated by the weather unless the long range forecast is to build an ark? Surely we will have better weather in the next fortnight at some point.

Our semi against Ipswich was dreadful at both places for the same reason. Speedway in the wet is crap.

8 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

That's the way to run a meeting, no faffing about, just get on with it! Every meeting should be like that! 

After the exciting and close racing of the two semis, the final is, as predicted, a one sided farce! 

Well done to BV, I'm sure the score wouldn't have been any real different tonight even without the rain, and it would have been a travesty really and a sad indictment of how poor British speedway is, if that drab, and classless Leicester team had have won the plays offs. 

Go on then, I'll bite, drab and classless?

Edited by 40-38

If the weather is equally bad on thursday then Leicester can return the favour 

Leicester will come back with their pants on fire in the second leg, whenever and wherever it actually happens. Mr Dickson will make sure of that, most of that team will receive such a roasting at gas mark 12 that their kevlars will glow all week

7 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

If the weather is equally bad on thursday then Leicester can return the favour 

We don't like the wet, especially not around BP. We've been dire every time it gets too damp.

Leicester will give it a good go in 2nd leg but Kurtz, Bewley, Lidsey and NKI should score enough points where it makes Blodorn, Voulas and Mulford's job easy with just a handful of points needed from them combined.

45 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

No issue with belle cue winning the league after the carve up last week .

Why tho do the supposed best fixtures / finals always end up with quag like conditions year on year . 

It's about time the powers that be tried to get things done and dusted 2/3 wks earlier too at least see both teams gunning for it rather than tootling round 

When do you want it finished by, June? Use to always be end of October, now its middle of September and still complaining.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Indeed, every season people say the team that loses a final has "bottled it" is it not possible a team just lost because their opponents were better?

I agree, Need to take into account that Bewley and Kurtz rarely drop points around the NSS.

Then take into account that Lidsey has gone back to last year's equipment and has filled his boots with Heat wins in the Play-Offs.

In-Form NKI who's performed well all season around the NSS guesting for Cook was a blow to Leicester as well.

Leicester we're always going to lose by double figures from the get go imo.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Awesome? Come on, it really wasn't. Even taking my huge bunch of sour grapes out of it that was not a good meeting.

There was far more passing then at Leicester last week, in fact probably then several meetings at Leicester.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

When do you want it finished by, June? Use to always be end of October, now its middle of September and still complaining.

There's nothing wrong with the timings just the weather. We've had dreadful weather across the whole country. I just wish it could be decided on decent weather.

The NSS can clearly take more punishment than a lot of tracks. Ironically Leicester used to be really good for that until the alterations as well.

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

There was far more passing then at Leicester last week, in fact probably then several meetings at Leicester.

Still doesn't make it awesome though. And that's me saying that BV coped far better, and were much quicker than our wobbly 1-7 with some small exceptions.

Edited by 40-38
  • Haha 1

Truth be told if BV win and I think  they will they did it at Sheffield last thursday