British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

7 minutes ago, Col said:

Leicester were the form team at the end of the season.

The forecast is pretty wet in Leicester on Thursday so vice versa.

I don’t think so after watching them against Lynn twice and then Ipswich :D they have been actually pretty poor the last 5 meetings on a trot I’d say! 

Edited by ShanoXtra

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bewley summed it up “ track awesome “ Leicester bottled it.

Awesome? Come on, it really wasn't. Even taking my huge bunch of sour grapes out of it that was not a good meeting.

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

9pm finish, frank ebdon would of been proud of that 

But Frank would have done it with 19 starts....

And four exclusions...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A line to sum up British Speedway...:D

And why it isn't taken seriously...

That said...

Had guests when Speedway  was massive as well a Micky Mouse ts rule. No one cared 

Just now, ShanoXtra said:

I don’t think so after watching them against Lynn twice and then Ipswich :0 they have been actually pretty poor the last 5 meetings on a trot I’d say! 

Which have all been affected by the weather. We hit form when we had bone dry conditions.

• Like 1

I think that’s just one too many heat advantages to concede for the Lions. Only two race winners all night and no heat advantages although they did tuck in well for a number of shared heats. Got to point the finger at Fricke.A GP rider on a track he should know well and turns in 3 points, absolutely p*ss poor. Dickson will be furious. Young Hagon has to be worth a mention. Rode his socks off and put in a massive contribution. Hats off the Aces big guns, they simply don’t know when they’re beaten and breeze past the opposition with ease at home.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All over. The rain killed the final. As soon as it arrived it was one way traffic. 

For Masters and Fricke to refuse to ride in heat 15 speaks volumes.

Bar Hagon, Leicester just didn't want it enough and Fricke probably didn't want to embarrass himself any further.

9 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Such a shame that probably most of Leicester fans won't bother now for the final. 

Why would they not support their team? Given Leicester has rolled BV over twice at home this year why would anyone think it's a done deal?

Those of us who no longer have a team would love to have one in a final, with a chance to win still. 

• Like 4

Just now, 40-38 said:

Awesome? Come on, it really wasn't. Even taking my huge bunch of sour grapes out of it that was not a good meeting.

Riders and Spectators perspective..

He flew round it reading the updates..

A wet NSS delivers "different speedway" to normal racing there..

On TV it can look poor, when there, the speed the likes of Bewley and Kurtz manage to get, inches from the fence at full gas, 50 yards in front, is still pretty impressive..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But as the track has become sodden the home riders feel safer on it than riders who only ride it a couple of times a year.

BV were always clear favourites. The Champions were always coming from the northern semi. 

Same with Iversen,he only sees it a couple of times a season,but he rode like a teenager there tonight.Leicester weren't hungry enough and were simply outclassed tonight.We still see a very good meeting and i'm pretty sure it will not be as entertaining on Thursday.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All over. The rain killed the final. As soon as it arrived it was one way traffic. 

For Masters and Fricke to refuse to ride in heat 15 speaks volumes.

If true that's shocking, if allowed I would sack them on the spot.

5 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

No issue with belle cue winning the league after the carve up last week .

Why tho do the supposed best fixtures / finals always end up with quag like conditions year on year . 

It's about time the powers that be tried to get things done and dusted 2/3 wks earlier too at least see both teams gunning for it rather than tootling round 

I mean given the biblical rain lately over the whole country would it have killed to put it all back a week and see? Or was the promotion in full flow with its promise of whistles and air horns for the first 50 kids?

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Sidney said:

Why would they not support their team? Given Leicester has rolled BV over twice at home this year why would anyone think it's a done deal?

Those of us who no longer have a team would love to have one in a final, with a chance to win still. 

Because the track will be wet and we are awful in wet conditions. Most fans will be there but a few hundred won't bother watching there team come second. Leicester lot are a miserable bunch you should hear Leicester City fans...moan moan moan. I support West Ham so I'm an exception :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Waspman said:

Anyone missed the tractor racing tonight 

With so much rain yesterday and the track man having to pull a lot of shale off to ensure the meeting was on, there was no need for the tractor. In those circumstances you have to let the track sort itself out.

2 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

They shouldn't, but it sounds like many have given up already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Riders and Spectators perspective..

He flew round it reading the updates..

A wet NSS delivers "different speedway" to normal racing there..

On TV it can look poor, when there, the speed the likes of Bewley and Kurtz manage to get, inches from the fence at full gas, 50 yards in front, is still pretty impressive..

Well if i was interested in speed I'd watch a drag strip, but I want close racing on what we're all told is the world's best stadium bar none.

• Haha 1

Don't think Leicester bottled it tbf.

Lawson, Masters and Becker have been awful around the NSS all season as I highlighted on the betting thread before tonight's meeting.

Fricke was poor but that's not the first time he's been around the NSS this season either, He had a stinker in April as well scoring 4+2 from 4 rides, Maybe he's just not that good around the NSS despite being a former BV rider.

Just now, 40-38 said:

Well if i was interested in speed I'd watch a drag strip, but I want close racing on what we're all told is the world's best stadium bar none.

The weather dictates racing like tonight..

And from what I have read the Aces seemed to pass easily enough..

And, if you are a Leicester fan...

You won't be used to close racing anyway...:D

Gate. Go. Hit bend apex. Drift up bend. Lock up. Go down straight..

Rinse and Repeat...:D

• Like 2