British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

13 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

If the track is sodden then I don't think it evens it out. Like Phil said, Belle Vue wipe the floor with Leicester last time it was wet. Let's hope the Lions can make good starts 

Doesn't mean it will be the same as last time we had an exceptional meeting then where everything went our way

Leicester were having a poor run then but are now the inform team a wet track certainly evens things out 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DBP said:

Doesn't mean it will be the same as last time we had an exceptional meeting then where everything went our way

Leicester were having a poor run then but are now the inform team a wet track certainly evens things out 

I think Leicester may have already peaked and are not quite at that level now, whereas the signs are that Belle Vue are now on an upwards trajectory

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I think Leicester may have already peaked and are not quite at that level now, whereas the signs are that Belle Vue are now on an upwards trajectory

I think the play off performances evidence that opinion, I also think Leicester's form started to drop a week or two before the play offs.  Taking away any form I think these are two well matched teams and its all about the next 30 heats, as per the semi final id be very happy taking a 12 point lead into Thursday, 10 is par, 8 and below Leicester are favorite's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

It’s quite apt that the showpiece event of the whole season will end up being gate’n’go as essentially that’s what the league is now - a gating competition. 

Supporters up and down the country are more than happy with it and do not feel the need to badger their promoters about the quality of entertainment on offer. 

Did you see the last GP?

1 hour ago, ouch said:

It’s quite apt that the showpiece event of the whole season will end up being gate’n’go as essentially that’s what the league is now - a gating competition. 

Supporters up and down the country are more than happy with it and do not feel the need to badger their promoters about the quality of entertainment on offer. 

So the answer to ensuring that speedway survives and thrives is to design it to suit Gen Zedders or whatever they're called, with their shortened attention spans they should be catered-for.

Reduce races to one lap, with electric powered bikes, introduce online race prediction competitions via Tik Tok or whatever, and run races in blocks of 6 with track grading breaks. Sorted!

6 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

So the answer to ensuring that speedway survives and thrives is to design it to suit Gen Zedders or whatever they're called, with their shortened attention spans they should be catered-for.

Reduce races to one lap, with electric powered bikes, introduce online race prediction competitions via Tik Tok or whatever, and run races in blocks of 6 with track grading breaks. Sorted!

Like a speedway version of The Hundred then! 🤣

19 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

You’ve just unknowingly set the agenda for the next AGM, the most important AGM for a generation - again. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ouch said:

You’ve just unknowingly set the agenda for the next AGM, the most important AGM for a generation - again. 

Didn't mention the biscuits though...

That will need to be agreed before any discussions about the sport takes place.

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

That’s the agenda for day 1, sponsored my Mcvities. 

Although Crawfords are on hand to come in as a guest biscuit if anything happens to Mcvities....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Although Crawfords are on hand to come in as a guest biscuit if anything happens to Mcvities....

Custard Creams followed by Ginger Nuts get my vote. All biscuits are welcome at my table.