British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

You'll find that I've put the boot into my home track since it opened, so you're hardly going to get a win with that.  

Not trying to get a win thats what my team are going down for, im amazed at you giving up the ghost when theres another 15 heats to race, if you pull it off be interesting to read your posts after being so defeatist.

Just now, ShanoXtra said:

Second best including your RS ref ;)

You had plenty of chances to beat us thoroughly at that ploughed field somewhere outside Ipswich but still couldn't do it 😉

2 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Not trying to get a win thats what my team are going down for, im amazed at you giving up the ghost when theres another 15 heats to race, if you pull it off be interesting to read your posts after being so defeatist.

Well we might, and I'll be there as I always am because I'm a glutton for punishment, I have to be to put up with BP since 2011 let's face it.

I just think that it was a poor rushed meeting in chronic conditions when it could have waited to see if it improved next week. Nobody, BV fans excepted, is going to take that DVD home and re-watch it are they? I think it would have been a better atmosphere, more exciting and a better spectacle on a dry track. I'll be mightily annoyed if we race in anything like it on Thursday.

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

Well we might, and I'll be there as I always am because I'm a glutton for punishment, I have to be to put up with BP since 2011 let's face it.

I just think that it was a poor rushed meeting in chronic conditions when it could have waited to see if it improved next week. Nobody, BV fans excepted, is going to take that DVD home and re-watch it are they? I think it would have been a better atmosphere, more exciting and a better spectacle on a dry track. I'll be mightily annoyed if we race in anything like it on Thursday.

You cant always have a dry track especially in the UK, having said that i remember the days when it was far wetter than nowadays and sawdust was put down, riders donned boilersuits and there were still good racing, yes bikes etc have changed but riders mentality is still key, wet or dry, big or small, slick or deep, they are all there to be ridden. The words of the great Ivan Mauger, hence his success. To knock the racing tonight just comes across as sour grapes, even in conditions as tonight there were better races than ive seen on other dry tracks including yours. If you pull it back and win i will be on here and congratulate your team not just fill the forum with said grapes. Funny how your reserve showed how to handle tricky conditions.

2 hours ago, 40-38 said:

It was inevitable as soon as it was on. Bear in mind we only lost by 6 here when it was dry last time.

No Brady last time and r/r got 4.  

2 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Awesome? Come on, it really wasn't. Even taking my huge bunch of sour grapes out of it that was not a good meeting.

I'm not sure there is a finer watch in Speedway than Bewley in full flight around the NSS, I just wish he'd give is opponents more of a lead.  Blodorn ht 8, Kurtz 13 & 15 and Iversen ht 14 showed you don't HAVE to ride it Bewley style to make it work.

2 hours ago, 40-38 said:

I mean given the biblical rain lately over the whole country would it have killed to put it all back a week and see? Or was the promotion in full flow with its promise of whistles and air horns for the first 50 kids?

No.  Eurosport probably have something else lined up next Monday.

2 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Well if i was interested in speed I'd watch a drag strip, but I want close racing on what we're all told is the world's best stadium bar none.

It's not the worlds best stadium, or track.  Go to Torun & Wroclaw.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Lawson, Masters and Becker have been awful around the NSS all season as I highlighted on the betting thread before tonight's meeting.

Not sure I've ever seen Lawson ride well at the NSS.  Becker in SoN was brilliant, Masters has done a job in the past for Wolves but those meetings were usually midday on BHM's.

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

We don't like the wet, especially not around BP. We've been dire every time it gets too damp.

Put up a marque 🙂

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Leicester will give it a good go in 2nd leg but Kurtz, Bewley, Lidsey and NKI should score enough points where it makes Blodorn, Voulas and Mulford's job easy with just a handful of points needed from them combined.

Lidsey I've not seen do much at Beaumont Park, Bewley & Kurtz couldn't get near Fricke either.  Blodorn was good, NKI I can't comment on.  Voulas will never have been there before.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Then take into account that Lidsey has gone back to last year's equipment

I think he has brought his Ekstraliga equipment over and more than anything I think he has more confidence in it which has helped allot.

Edited by Col

8 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

You cant always have a dry track especially in the UK, having said that i remember the days when it was far wetter than nowadays and sawdust was put down, riders donned boilersuits and there were still good racing, yes bikes etc have changed but riders mentality is still key, wet or dry, big or small, slick or deep, they are all there to be ridden. The words of the great Ivan Mauger, hence his success. To knock the racing tonight just comes across as sour grapes, even in conditions as tonight there were better races than ive seen on other dry tracks including yours. If you pull it back and win i will be on here and congratulate your team not just fill the forum with said grapes. Funny how your reserve showed how to handle tricky conditions.

No, you can't, and that's the Lions fault for not being up for it, and I'm annoyed about that. I've never seen a good meeting on a wet track since I started watching in 2007, so whatever people did in boiler suits back when Noah was a lad is irrelevant. I just think it's a shame that it was decided in those conditions, and I still don't think it was a good meeting, it's not the racing I like to see. I'm certainly not blaming the BV riders for that, they were exceptional.

2 minutes ago, Col said:

I'm not sure there is a finer watch in Speedway than Bewley in full flight around the NSS, I jst6 wish he'd give is opponents more of a lead.  Blodorn ht 8, Kurtz 13 & 15 and Iversen ht 14 showed you don't HAVE to ride it Bewley style to make it work.

No.  Eurosport probably have something else lined up next Monday.

It's not the worlds best stadium, or track.  Go to Torun & Wroclaw.

Bewley is fantastic at full chat, and he could ride the NSS blindfolded. If he could be more consistent in the GP he'd be World Champion, but I get the feeling he just loves doing it and maybe the desire is more for the actual riding than the goal, if that makes sense.

Let's face it the Lions didn;t really make it difficult for them to pass anything, we looked abysmally slow and uncertain. The fact that whoever got in front even after passing just buggered off was evidence of that IMO.

In response to Eurosport I don't think it would be that much of a loss if they didn't bother, BSN is a better product.

It's undoubtedly the best race track in the UK, which isn't too difficult let's be honest, but for my sins I enjoy smaller tighter tracks better. I'm probably 50 years too late for that mind.

3 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

They did say that they would be cracking on due to possibility of rain coming in… which it did

There was a parade, that didn't start until 19:31 and they went for add breaks after heats 4 and 7. Only when it started to rain did they pull their finger out. 

Fair play to the Aces though, no complaints from me, we were beaten by the far better team on the night. It certainly isn't over yet though (53-37 in April, when Lions were crap & 55-35 in July, you lost Dan though) but it will very much hinge on the condition of the track on Thursday night... it doesn't look good for the Lions though. 

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fricke was red hot around there when he was number one. But he has lost it and is very inconsistent in the U.K. A number one should be first in the queue to ride heat 15 but Lawson and Douglas volunteered. 

Don't want to single out any particular rider but Fricke has blown very hot and cold this season, he's failed to reach double figures 11 times and I'm not quite sure he's captain material either. 

Edited by IainB

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But then the teams that don't make the play-offs, finish their season at the beginning of August & miss the summer holiday crowds!

If you want play-offs, need to accept weather won't be ideal.

And it never rains in August !!

I watch stock car racing most weekends, and a few years back I got drenched on all 5 weekends in August.

This is the UK - it rains.

37 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

And it never rains in August !!

I watch stock car racing most weekends, and a few years back I got drenched on all 5 weekends in August.

This is the UK - it rains.

And don't mention the SoN in July! There's a very high likelihood of the weather effecting the pay offs (semis and/or finals) especially as they're televised and more likely to go ahead come what may. Great for the neutral, not so much if your team is involved as at some tracks it can be quite the leveller where as at others a home track advantage can come into play. Generally I think the more technical the track the more level things tend to get, the bigger less technical tracks tend to favour the home riders when the weather gets bad. 

Edited by IainB