British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

8 hours ago, Col said:

NKI's social media suggests he feels his season has finished, he's loving life with partner & sprog.

The only announcement I'm expecting for Monday is rained off 

And Thursday at Leicester raining as well 

6 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

His season had finished.   That's why he's guesting.   You can only use guest riders from teams whose seasons are finished.

Why would it be rained off when the forecast is dry?  If the 50-50 chance of a morning shower is accurate, the track could be perfect.

Take another look at met office forecast yellow weather warning ⚠️ sadly 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

His season had finished.   That's why he's guesting.   You can only use guest riders from teams whose seasons are finished.

Why would it be rained off when the forecast is dry?  If the 50-50 chance of a morning shower is accurate, the track could be perfect.

70% chance of rain for most of the day would be surprised if meeting goes ahead 

If it does track will be a gate and go racing will be a lottery personally hope they give an early call off and reschedule the folling week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IainB said:

They should hold the first leg at Glasgow, forecast looks fine... for commercial reasons obviously 😜

3 weeks next Wednesday so plenty of time for marketing....

21 hours ago, IainB said:

Where were all of these so called fans when the Eurosport cameras were in town showing the King's Lynn match? The part time glory hunters all come out of the woodwork at this time is the year :D

I always wondered why league 1 and 2 teams could take 20 - 30,000 fans to the Wembley play offs when their average home gate is between 3-4,000, 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mikebv said:

3 weeks next Wednesday so plenty of time for marketing....

Nah... rule change, table toppers are now crowned Champions :D

Well done Sheffield!

BV favourties for me.

NKI is on par with Ben Cook around the NSS and I'd say NKI would be stronger around Leicester tbh.

Lidsey seems to have changed his machinery back so BV now have 4 genuine HL's.

On 9/21/2024 at 10:37 AM, mikebv said:

Spot on..

And the play offs at least have a feel of being "an event"...

Away fans in attendance being the biggest contributor...

Never understood why the BSP don't collectively subsidise admission for away fans for every natch..

Hardly any attend now so harldy any costs incurred...

Part of Poland's success is that tribal feeling with there always being plenty of away fans in their own section..

My Mrs is a stoke city season ticket holder for her sins and stoke subsidise  quite a lot of the away travel to matches,some of the matches are practically free and also reduced ticket prices at a a lot of the games, Friday night 7 of the family went to the home game with hull and 4 of them went free, I didn’t go as I had painted a wall and needed to watch it dry but it basically is the sort of thing speedway should do, maybe not all the time but certainly to playoff and TV meetings 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, IainB said:

Nah... rule change, table toppers are now crowned Champions :D

Well done Sheffield!

They could add Sheffield in to make a three team final....

More away fans at every match...

Like they successfully did with the Jubilee C.....

Oh, hang on, never mind, as you were...

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1