British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

7 hours ago, marko said:

No point just turning up for the play offs, you should support your club all season long.

And if you don’t have a team to support or has closed down?

quick question on the guest for Cook. Have the rules changed to allow guest for any missing rider?

thought it was only your number one or reserves?

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

quick question on the guest for Cook. Have the rules changed to allow guest for any missing rider?

The rules changed before the start of this season..

I presume there wasnt enough guests using the old system...:D

23 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

The rules have never been that you can only use a guest for No.1 or reserves.

That’s correct. 
There was a rule that demanded RR for 4th or 5th missing riders. This is from the 2019 rule book. 
18.8 FACILITIES

B.1 absent rider 4-5 by MA. RR 

48 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Yes Steve the rules have changed this year, last year you could get a guest for All Heat leaders and reserves but not second strings.  You can now get a guest for any position, which is how it should be.   

14 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Yes Steve the rules have changed this year, last year you could get a guest for All Heat leaders and reserves but not second strings.  You can now get a guest for any position, which is how it should be.   

not sure it should really

imo as a general point you can have too many guests. there is a place for r/r and covering second strings if not second and third heat leaders is it

that said 7v7 in a grand final feels more satisfactory and when the guest hasn't actually competed in the play offs as his team didn't make it then it's not so bad. gets a bit silly when riders are riding for and helping direct rivals of their own team

12 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

No official announcement yet… that is worrying

They won’t announce anything till tomorrow when line ups are announced 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

not sure it should really

imo as a general point you can have too many guests. there is a place for r/r and covering second strings if not second and third heat leaders is it

that said 7v7 in a grand final feels more satisfactory and when the guest hasn't actually competed in the play offs as his team didn't make it then it's not so bad. gets a bit silly when riders are riding for and helping direct rivals of their own team

Nah r/r is just another option.  It doesn't make sense not to have a rule to cover all riders with a guest.  For top second strings r/r just doesn't cover it.

15 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

No official announcement yet… that is worrying

As Phil as said it won't be announced until official announcement comes out. 

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

Nah r/r is just another option.  It doesn't make sense not to have a rule to cover all riders with a guest.  For top second strings r/r just doesn't cover it.

imo borrowing riders from teams who you race against in the same league should be kept to an absolute minimum

other than number ones it should be r/r or a guest who doesn't ride in the prem just the champ

53 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

imo borrowing riders from teams who you race against in the same league should be kept to an absolute minimum

other than number ones it should be r/r or a guest who doesn't ride in the prem just the champ

Disagree, it's just not viable.  

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

They won’t announce anything till tomorrow when line ups are announced 

You, seemingly, have to give marketing time I believe...:D

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

The rules changed before the start of this season..

I presume there wasnt enough guests using the old system...:D

Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Thanks, thought I was going mad! I don’t remember ever having guests for second strings unless you had more than 1 rider injured. 
With the right rider should be advantage Aces next week. 

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Thanks for the info.

Thanks, thought I was going mad! I don’t remember ever having guests for second strings unless you had more than 1 rider injured. 
With the right rider should be advantage Aces next week. 

If it's NKI yes, anyone else then weaker.   

NKI's social media suggests he feels his season has finished, he's loving life with partner & sprog.

The only announcement I'm expecting for Monday is rained off 

2 hours ago, Col said:

NKI's social media suggests he feels his season has finished, he's loving life with partner & sprog.

The only announcement I'm expecting for Monday is rained off 

His season had finished.   That's why he's guesting.   You can only use guest riders from teams whose seasons are finished.

Why would it be rained off when the forecast is dry?  If the 50-50 chance of a morning shower is accurate, the track could be perfect.