British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

32 minutes ago, marko said:

No point just turning up for the play offs, you should support your club all season long.

I totally agree with you but there are people who view the league meetings as just qualifiers and just come out for the play offs, the business end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I totally agree with you but there are people who view the league meetings as just qualifiers and just come out for the play offs, the business end of the season.

Spot on..

And the play offs at least have a feel of being "an event"...

Away fans in attendance being the biggest contributor...

Never understood why the BSP don't collectively subsidise admission for away fans for every natch..

Hardly any attend now so harldy any costs incurred...

Part of Poland's success is that tribal feeling with there always being plenty of away fans in their own section..

I think it should be a good tie over the two legs, gutted for Ben Cook as one of the reasons I wanted Aces to make the final is that it would hopefully see two full teams and no guests.

No idea who will take this or who I will be routing for, been super impressed with Blodorn and Voulas when I have seen them but equally Lions have two ex Lakeside riders in Lewis Kerr and Richard Lawson who is one of my all time favourite Hammers riders.

Hope it goes down to heat number 30

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

Decision needed early been upgraded to a yellow warning for rain midnight Sunday until Tuesday :shock: TV set up etc cost ?

Edited by AceBelle

Weather forecasts have been quite inaccurate in the M/Cr area recently. If it is lightish rain and if it stops at 4'ish, then it would provide for a perfect track.

41 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

It the percentages you have to look at, they vary between 40% to 60% chance of rain through day so it might rain it might not. Any rain will be light. 

1 hour ago, davieb1 said:

Met office currently says dry from 10am.  Also it will change a million times before Monday always does.

Edited by SUPERACE

3 hours ago, marko said:

No point just turning up for the play offs, you should support your club all season long.

Where were all of these so called fans when the Eurosport cameras were in town showing the King's Lynn match? The part time glory hunters all come out of the woodwork at this time is the year :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Spot on..

And the play offs at least have a feel of being "an event"...

Away fans in attendance being the biggest contributor...

Never understood why the BSP don't collectively subsidise admission for away fans for every natch..

Hardly any attend now so harldy any costs incurred...

Part of Poland's success is that tribal feeling with there always being plenty of away fans in their own section..

Only certain away meeting in Poland get a decent following, I’ve been to majority Stal home meetings and only ‘decent’ away support for Falubaz. Most other times you are looking at around 100/200 people. Toruń never sells out their home section either in league matches. 15k stadium is hard to fill granted but Stal gets better home support.

Edited by ShanoXtra

6 minutes ago, IainB said:

Where were all of these so called fans when the Eurosport cameras were in town showing the King's Lynn match? The part time glory hunters all come out of the woodwork at this time is the year :D

Of course...

If they made the "qualifiers" worth attending...

More would actually attend....;)

What an outrageous concept... :o :D

Gutted about Ben as he was our top man when we last met the lions home & away. Paid 24 over the two meetings is big shoes to fill for his replacement but I fear it’ll be down to the remaining Aces to pick up this shortfall.
Let’s hope it doesn’t cost us AGAIN. 

Bjerre 2005 Lost

Fricke 2017 Lost

Bewley/Cook 2018 Lost

Kurtz 2021 Lost

Fricke 2022 Won

Wright 2023 Lost

Cook 2024 ????

15 minutes ago, ouch said:

Gutted about Ben as he was our top man when we last met the lions home & away. Paid 24 over the two meetings is big shoes to fill for his replacement but I fear it’ll be down to the remaining Aces to pick up this shortfall.
Let’s hope it doesn’t cost us AGAIN. 

Bjerre 2005 Lost

Fricke 2017 Lost

Bewley/Cook 2018 Lost

Kurtz 2021 Lost

Fricke 2022 Won

Wright 2023 Lost

Cook 2024 ????

The Aces now with four genuine HL's ..

A massive advantage...