British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V- Leicester POF

2 hours ago, Siggytastic said:

Why have they raised the price? Is it going to cost more to stage the meeting?

Very common in other sports, premier league football have different prices depending on opposition and competition, my local league two team have 2 prices bands depending on opposition.

American sports prices changes constantly every day depending on demand and opposition.

• Like 1

Definitely Maybe it's a Manchester thing. 😉

None of the other 3 clubs in the playoffs increased their ticket prices, and unlike Rob's local league 2 football team, my local league 1 team don't do it, and didn't do it in league 2 last year either. 

Edited by DaveWayne
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Congratulations to the aces happy they are in the final. Always liked Belle Vue and there track. Complete opposite shape to ours though! This will be close, I just hope the Lions don't get too battered on Monday to make the second interesting, we have beaten belle vue comfortably at home this season but like other people gave pointed out, this is the play offs. Form and previous visits go out the window. 

If Douglas is back then that's a good boost for Leicester. I hope he's getting some practice around the den in. Don't want him to be rusty. 

First leg I'm going for a 51 - 39 win for the aces

Thanks, lets hope for two good meetings, past form Belle Vue at Leicester and Leicester at Belle Vue wont count for anything as we saw at Sheffield but the Lions did well at BV in June so can certainly ride well here. Always enjoyed trips to Leicester and mixing with the fans there, should be two close meetings that could go either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveWayne said:

Definitely Maybe it's a Manchester thing. 😉

None of the other 3 clubs in the playoffs increased their ticket prices, and unlike Rob's local league 2 football team, my local league 1 team don't do it, and didn't do it in league 2 last year either. 

Plus they have put £2 on the car park price for semi and final.

27 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Disappointed to see price rises for the final.

There is a cost of living crisis and many pensioners have lost their Winter Fuel Payments.

We have wealthy pensioners in Manchester :rofl:

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

We always do. The semi was the same. They class it as a premium event. I’m not saying it’s right btw. 

They are 100% right to raise the prices...

The run of the mill qualifiers are over...

It now means something... (ish)....:D

12 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

so far weather looks dry for Manchester at least, fingers crossed for 2 dry legs. 

LOOKSLIKE RAIN FROM 3 OCLOCK SUNDAY AFTERNOON UNTIL 7PM MONDAY ACCORDING TO THE MET OFFICE AND THE BBC TOO