British Speedway Forum

Scorpions v Monarchs BSN 2nd leg

Scorpions with Normal 1 to 7, as MPT's leg injury now ok. Monarchs using the Thompson twins as guests making them stronger around the EWR. We all know how well Picko goes around are track, so should be an entertaining evening. Hoping for a Scorpion convincing win, to extend our season a little longer.

6 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Scorpions with Normal 1 to 7, as MPT's leg injury now ok. Monarchs using the Thompson twins as guests making them stronger around the EWR. We all know how well Picko goes around are track, so should be an entertaining evening. Hoping for a Scorpion convincing win, to extend our season a little longer.

41 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I thought as Tofty missed the meeting this week , he has to miss this meeting as you sign yourself off for 7 days . This was brought in to stop riders pulling a sicky at a track they don’t like riding at , can anyone clarify this ??

Seven days applies to illness, not injury. So had Howarth claimed to be ill on Sunday rather than injured he'd have had to miss Wednesday's match (and the two Sheffield fixtures, and Friday v Edinburgh))

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Seven days applies to illness, not injury. So had Howarth claimed to be ill on Sunday rather than injured he'd have had to miss Wednesday's match (and the two Sheffield fixtures, and Friday v Edinburgh))

As has been proved in the last couple of weeks riders just manipulate their excuses to suit the situation.Missing a meeting for what ever reason should an automatic 7 day rest period.Typical mismanagement of the sport.

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

As has been proved in the last couple of weeks riders just manipulate their excuses to suit the situation.Missing a meeting for what ever reason should an automatic 7 day rest period.Typical mismanagement of the sport.

Agree 100 % and I’m  a Scunny fan

• Like 1

Pickering not riding for Edinburgh next year because he wants to concentrate on Poland and doesn't want the travelling. Sheffield to Scunthorpe is a lot easier than traveling to Edinburgh. Godfrey should put some big money on the table to get Pickering, he is a class act round the EWR.

Just now, eric i said:

Pickering not riding for Edinburgh next year because he wants to concentrate on Poland and doesn't want the travelling. Sheffield to Scunthorpe is a lot easier than traveling to Edinburgh. Godfrey should put some big money on the table to get Pickering, he is a class act round the EWR.

Agree ,we have missed a big hitter like Pickering in heats 13 and 15. The curse of the number 1 position (apart from Douglas ) has always been a problem for us to maintain.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Picko not doing Championship at all in 2025. I know he said the same last year in hope that a Polish contract materialised. It didn't. However he has one in place for 2025

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

And that's before you consider what is the philosophical difference between the two.

[Consider Ryan Douglas and his infected wound - the wound (an injury) didn't stop him riding, but the infection (an illness) did - so should his absence be regarded as through injury or illness?]

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And that's before you consider what is the philosophical difference between the two.

[Consider Ryan Douglas and his infected wound - the wound (an injury) didn't stop him riding, but the infection (an illness) did - so should his absence be regarded as through injury or illness?]

Like I say make it up to suit as you go along.They get away with it.Personally I couldn’t care. Just turn up and watch.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The problem with that, is riders who are genuinely injured, then have to wait to return, meaning more unnecessary guests - at a time when people say there are far too many. Or they could even attempt to ride when not fit & be a danger to others because they don't want to miss a big meeting.

I do agree more should be done to stop riders picking & choosing meetings, but where do you draw the line?

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The problem with that, is riders who are genuinely injured, then have to wait to return, meaning more unnecessary guests - at a time when people say there are far too many. Or they could even attempt to ride when not fit & be a danger to others because they don't want to miss a big meeting.

I do agree more should be done to stop riders picking & choosing meetings, but where do you draw the line?

Bottom line is nothing changes.Riders dictate.They have the upper hand in Uk because of the rider shortage.Like to see the same riders try that in Poland.Their feet wouldn’t touch the ground.