British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Plenty or here wanting to vilify Vinnie, but Luke has had his fair share of causing crashes in the last couple of season being slightly reckless shall we say. Inexperience and over enthusiasm from both I would say.Seen plenty of others over the years.

Personally I like Vinnie, as a fan I want a rider in my team to give maximum effort but he needs to mature and I believe he will. He has a lot of potential to be a good rider.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Plenty or here wanting to vilify Vinnie, but Luke has had his fair share of causing crashes in the last couple of season being slightly reckless shall we say. Inexperience and over enthusiasm from both I would say.Seen plenty of others over the years.

One from more recent times. Josh Bates. An absolute liability on a Speedway  bike.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

A journeyman? Kasprzak was a world number 2. If Boughen can have a career like KK did, he'll have done very 

Noun

journeyman (plural journeymen)

1. A tradesman who has served an apprenticeship and is employed by a master tradesman
  2. A competent but undistinguished tradesman, especially one who works, and is paid by the day.
  3. (Sports)A player who plays on many different teams during the course of his career 

Yes, a journeyman because that's  what he was.His ability was questioned by somebody else not me.
The point is Ashton has only just started his career and is still very much a novice so to compare him Kasprazak is ludicrous.

Anybody seen or heard from Trackprat ? 😆😆😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Tuesday's drenching can't have helped. But the lack of overtaking after the first lap seems to have got lost in all the other 'noise'

The worse racetrack in the league,gate and go ,also having the right gates also helps

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Firstly congratulations to Poole. They were the class act of the league throughout the season, and worthy winners. Another masterclass in team building.

A lot has been made of Peter Schroeck's poor decision in the first leg, but an arguably even bigger blunder was not finding a suitable guest for Atkins/Roynon. Relying on Jody Scott was an awful decision, I don't think he beat an opposing rider over the two legs (bar Thomsen when he had bike issues). I like the lad and he's going to improve, but he's just not Championship level yet. Surely a decent guest wouldn't have been too hard to find for a final? Oxford had Paul Starke at Poole in the league and someone like him taking six rides instead of Scott could have been the difference. Poor effort from Schroeck in my opinion. He has had an absolute stinker in this final.

Anyway, congratulations to Poole again. On to the KO Cup now.

Spot on, failing to replace Atkins when I think we had 5 points to play with is what has cost Oxford in the end.

• Like 2

Many of us commented on the faux pas the Oxford manager made in heat 12 of the first leg at Cowley, where Boughen was left in the heat when he should have been replaced by Killeen.

Sometimes mistakes happen and switches are missed. But surely, the senior members of the Oxford team, Nicholls or Masters, could have pointed out the tactical error to Peter Schroeck, making the suggestion of a reserve change?

Or are riders oblivious to such moves and only concentrating on their own rides?

2 hours ago, Toady said:

Noun

journeyman (plural journeymen)

1. A tradesman who has served an apprenticeship and is employed by a master tradesman
  2. A competent but undistinguished tradesman, especially one who works, and is paid by the day.
  3. (Sports)A player who plays on many different teams during the course of his career 

Yes, a journeyman because that's  what he was.His ability was questioned by somebody else not me.
The point is Ashton has only just started his career and is still very much a novice so to compare him Kasprazak is ludicrous.

If you know anything about speedway then you will know kasprazak wasn’t/isn’t known as a journeyman, he is known for being a very non dependable rider who when in the mood can beat the best but when he isn’t he goes missing and doesn’t race often frustrating fans, this is what boughen does, last night he was brilliant in one race beating Lawson using the fence then in other 3 rides shuts off and is nowhere and it’s the shutting off that is the concern, that is the trait of someone who doesn’t want to be in that situation, he is making good gates then shutting off,his shutting off caused the crash with cook, can’t see why this needs explaining to you but there you go 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If you know anything about speedway then you will know kasprazak wasn’t/isn’t known as a journeyman, he is known for being a very non dependable rider who when in the mood can beat the best but when he isn’t he goes missing and doesn’t race often frustrating fans, this is what boughen does, last night he was brilliant in one race beating Lawson using the fence then in other 3 rides shuts off and is nowhere, his shutting off caused the crash with cook, can’t see why this needs explaining to you but there you go 

He also tried to come round the outside when on gate 4 in his last ride but Thomsen was already there, when that didnt work he gave up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He also tried to come round the outside when on gate 4 in his last ride but Thomsen was already there, when that didnt work he gave up.

And in that race he looking across as soon as he left the start seeing where the others are, Thompsen left a bit of room not a lot but some but boughen had already decided not to go for it, he does look a natural on a bike when in infront but it’s clear for everyone to see he is shutting off going into first bends even at Oxford and he has got to get over that 

16 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If you know anything about speedway then you will know kasprazak wasn’t/isn’t known as a journeyman, he is known for being a very non dependable rider who when in the mood can beat the best but when he isn’t he goes missing and doesn’t race often frustrating fans, this is what boughen does, last night he was brilliant in one race beating Lawson using the fence then in other 3 rides shuts off and is nowhere and it’s the shutting off that is the concern, that is the trait of someone who doesn’t want to be in that situation, he is making good gates then shutting off,his shutting off caused the crash with cook, can’t see why this needs explaining to you but there you go 

Spot on explanation 

7 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Kasprazak rode for many many clubs throughout his career in the uk making him a journeyman as I said.

If you know anything about speedway then will realise that Boughen is very young and only just started riding speedway so just like everyone he has to learn his craft and needs encouragement not criticism.

1 minute ago, Toady said:

Kasprazak rode for many many clubs throughout his career in the uk making him a journeyman as I said.

If you know anything about speedway then will realise that Boughen is very young and only just started riding speedway so just like everyone he has to learn his craft and needs encouragement not criticism.

Agree, but I and you know, you don’t shut off especially going into first bend when everybody is going for it.

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Many of us commented on the faux pas the Oxford manager made in heat 12 of the first leg at Cowley, where Boughen was left in the heat when he should have been replaced by Killeen.

Sometimes mistakes happen and switches are missed. But surely, the senior members of the Oxford team, Nicholls or Masters, could have pointed out the tactical error to Peter Schroeck, making the suggestion of a reserve change?

Or are riders oblivious to such moves and only concentrating on their own rides?

I dont think riders are aware, often when interviewed they dont even know the score,you would have thought the captain of the team would be keeping an eye on these things but the fault lies with the manager.

I hear you ask would Middlo ever make such a mistake, of course not, I used to worry that Havvy would but never Middlo.