British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Nothing to do with rose tints, we have had enough riders in wheelchairs, we dont want anymore.

Exactly. He makes a messed up comment about a young rider and we're biased for having a problem with it. 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I know Oxford like to promote their youngsters & that is admirable, but there is a time & a place for doing that. Imo it's not when you are chasing a Premiership play-offs place (dropping Kemp) not in a grand final (not using Starke?)

Maybe they tried a guest & couldn't get one, but I agree Starke could've made a big difference.

They couldn't have had Starke anyway as rode in the playoffs for Worky.

4 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Firstly congratulations to Poole. They were the class act of the league throughout the season, and worthy winners. Another masterclass in team building.

A lot has been made of Peter Schroeck's poor decision in the first leg, but an arguably even bigger blunder was not finding a suitable guest for Atkins/Roynon. Relying on Jody Scott was an awful decision, I don't think he beat an opposing rider over the two legs (bar Thomsen when he had bike issues). I like the lad and he's going to improve, but he's just not Championship level yet. Surely a decent guest wouldn't have been too hard to find for a final? Oxford had Paul Starke in the league and someone like him taking six rides instead of Scott could have been the difference. Poor effort from Schroeck in my opinion. He has had an absolute stinker in this final.

Anyway, congratulations to Poole again. On to the KO Cup now.

Schroek is absolutely clueless that’s the reason 

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

One thing for sure fans left that meeting with something too talk about.It certainly wasn’t dull.😂😂👍.Thats entertainment.

certainly wasn't the racing or passing being talked about, that is for sure....take out the crashes and it was dire in terms of entertainment.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Odds On said:

certainly wasn't the racing or passing being talked about, that is for sure....take out the crashes and it was dire in terms of entertainment.

Just saying but Oxford was no better on Sat.Track dry as a bone.(due to weather forecast no doubt)

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

thought the track was poor again last night, you can see why they pay top dollar for there riders, hardly anything going out of the shale expenditure column!

Tuesday's drenching can't have helped. But the lack of overtaking after the first lap seems to have got lost in all the other 'noise'

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

they go on about Nichols  having a bad night he put more effort in than anyone last night at trying to over take.

Me reckons Ben put in a lot of effort in heat 5 to overtake so Nicholls wasn't putting in more effort than anyone.

3 hours ago, Odds On said:

thought the track was poor again last night, you can see why they pay top dollar for there riders, hardly anything going out of the shale expenditure column!

Haha pay top dollar.

Of course you know 🤣

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I know Oxford like to promote their youngsters & that is admirable, but there is a time & a place for doing that. Imo it's not when you are chasing a Premiership play-offs place (dropping Kemp) not in a grand final (not using Starke?)

Maybe they tried a guest & couldn't get one, but I agree Starke could've made a big difference.

Starke couldn’t have been used as he rode for Workington in the play offs 

32 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

you dont see ben on the fence that often

I don't see what that has to do with the original point you were making. Anyways Ben can pass out wide or on the inside. Well he uses both lines at WINborne Road.

18 minutes ago, PTW said:

Starke couldn’t have been used as he rode for Workington in the play offs 

Had Starke already ridden for Workington in the playoffs? I didn't know. I wish somebody had mentioned it before you on this thread...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Had Starke already ridden for Workington in the playoffs? I didn't know. I wish somebody had mentioned it before you on this thread...

Can he guest in next weeks final then ?