British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

41 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Was looking on BBC 1 South weather tonight and said showers for tomorrow 

BBC lol. They always say it's raining. Lost count of times they say thunderstorm and nothing happens. 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcn8db1mu#?date=2024-10-09

Edited by LisaColette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

BBC lol. They always say it's raining. Lost count of times they say thunderstorm and nothing happens. 

Just matters how much rain has fell on the chart you posted before the meeting.

1 hour ago, LisaColette said:

Yup I would go with that, we've had quite a bit of rain but nothing that won't dry off by tomorrow night. Game on tomorrow I think. 

12 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Wet track will be a Oxford victory without doubt

We all know you are anti Poole.

Love to prove your theory wrong.

Come on the Pirates.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

Yeah. Hasn't rained as much today as was predicted imo. Although there was some bouncy rain around! 

Well I was thinking game on tomorrow, but now you mention bouncy rain I'm not so sure. 

I really hope this goe's on tonight. I think 12 points is a really good difference to start a second leg in as much as it is a score that can be reeled in over 15 heats but equally defendable over the course.

overall I think Oxford will take the title by 2 points. their key riders Masters, Nicholls & at reserve Killeen will steer them home. I know Poole are a great side but I think the Tail is to long. Time will tell>

• Like 1

Set off at 230am as I'm back on the National Express & due to arrive Poole 1210. Currently in London Victoria enjoying a pre meeting flat white which will tune up me vocals for tonight's epic fight back.

And anyone following a weather forecast never trust the BBC, the met office is about as accurate as your gonna get. The met even predicted that a pigeon would poop on my head and sure enough.......!

C'mon the Boyzzzz ☠️ 

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

I'm going 55-35 here to Poole

I think Lawson will be on his A game, Brennan will have actually put Poole first unlike the 1st Leg and actually arrive awake and up for it and the Cook brothers will be supercharged by one of those GP type engines they seem to be able to borrow from fellow Aussies when the chips are down!...I can see those 4 amassing north of 45 points. I think the remaining 3 can chip in 10 between them.

Masters and Scotty will fight valiantly but I can't see them getting heat advantages in 13 and 15 this time under the relentless Poole top 4 pressure.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

I really hope this goe's on tonight. I think 12 points is a really good difference to start a second leg in as much as it is a score that can be reeled in over 15 heats but equally defendable over the course.

overall I think Oxford will take the title by 2 points. their key riders Masters, Nicholls & at reserve Killeen will steer them home. I know Poole are a great side but I think the Tail is to long. Time will tell>

I think it is a big lead, we need to hit them hard from the start, Oxford's top two are both terrific at Poole so it wont be easy and I expect it will be very close. It is clear both teams have issues at the lower end but with Killeen Oxford have a reserve who can win any race, he is the key rider in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think Lawson will be on his A game, Brennan will have actually put Poole first unlike the 1st Leg and actually arrive awake and up for it and the Cook brothers will be supercharged by one of those GP type engines they seem to be able to borrow from fellow Aussies when the chips are down!...I can see those 4 amassing north of 45 points. I think the remaining 3 can chip in 10 between them.

Masters and Scotty will fight valiantly but I can't see them getting heat advantages in 13 and 15 this time under the relentless Poole top 4 pressure.

I dont think Ben and Zach need any help engine wise, they have both been fantastic with their own engine's. Lawson should be better on his home track, hopefully he wont have the issues like he had against Scunthorpe last season. Brennan was very poor at Oxford, he should be better after some rest.

I fancy Poole to turn it around , the middle pairing look miles better at home and there's so much pressure on oxfords front 2 to get 23/25 pts between em, last time was a bit of fluke and I can't see where the other main points are coming from for the cheetahs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HGould said:

are you saying he should have turned down the gp challenge

dear me