British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

9 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

foord is a decent prospect but really needs to concentrate on doing four laps 

Would agree,he rides a bit of inside line too much  when behind  with his style and has a few same types of off.Interesting in the first race on Sat in front he rode a very good line. Good prospect though and 100% effort.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, lbw said:

Vinnie is fit to ride as he is currently riding in the Under 19s at Oxford 

Mind yers, he came off in his 1st ride trying to pass Killeen. Must be ok though as he won his 2nd ride 

He's crashed again. 

6 hours ago, LisaColette said:

Heavy showers all day Tues ( like last week) so won't be surprised to see it pushed back to Friday as track will be wet and we don't do so well then. 

It was Friday because we were supposed to be riding at Oxford on the Wednesday until it was rained off.

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Since I'm banned from Oxford's FB & can't see their match report, can someone tell me of it mentions heat 12? Plus does Schroeck comment on it, issue an apology for his mistake, or explain his decision making etc.

Are you talking about the official Oxford one or the really crazy fan one? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Since I'm banned from Oxford's FB & can't see their match report, can someone tell me of it mentions heat 12? Plus does Schroeck comment on it, issue an apology for his mistake, or explain his decision making etc.

Not sure about FB but on the website this is what it says about heat 12.

’Pirates hit back a 5-1 in Heat 12, despite a mighty effort from Scott’

It mentions elsewhere that Killeen was in inspirational form. Obviously not inspirational enough for the Team Manager! 🤔

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

Are you talking about the official Oxford one or the really crazy fan one? 

Well it is clear heat 12 was a massive mistake by Peter Schroek . If Middlo did that he would be castigated and rightly so. We all were pretty amazed but grateful.

Edited by foreverblue

Schroeck was interviewed at length during the Under-19 Championship today. Gave the usual spiel about how proud of the boys he was, happy with a 12-point lead etc., etc., but never once mentioned anything about heat 12. Either he is keeping quiet, or he still doesn't realise his mistake. I'm going for the latter.