British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's wrong both ways.

Yes! there is a cluster of small Oxford fans to the left of the old pits wall on bend 4. Last time Poole were up it was the same, hand gestures and bad language when I left again last night, it must be Poole! as when I came up for every Prem meeting this year they were quiet! The Oxford fans around us on bend 3 were great, banter but respectful.

• Like 3

Well done to Oxford, well deserved victory and a decent lead to take to Poole. I would have taken 8-10 before the night started so 12 could be a little too much with Masters and Nicholls in heat 13 & 15 at Poole. For some reason our top 3 can't get near them most of this season and that showed last night. It will be a cracker Wednesday for sure, Poole can't afford to carry anymore riders again.

Like Steve said Hagon and Tobias went off the boil around 2 months ago and have never showed the early season form, could staying loyal cost us a league title again like 2023? only time will tell.

Vinnie gave his all and hope he is ok after taking a heavy fall.

Massive crowd and the most important thing, speedway was the winner! 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Biggest ever Oxford crowd? Crowds were literally three times the size of that in the Hans Nielsen days in the 80s. Not even close.

Of course but I was talking about since the revival.

38 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Yes! there is a cluster of small Oxford fans to the left of the old pits wall on bend 4. Last time Poole were up it was the same, hand gestures and bad language when I left again last night, it must be Poole! as when I came up for every Prem meeting this year they were quiet! The Oxford fans around us on bend 3 were great, banter but respectful.

Yes last night my daughter, who hasn’t much of a clue about speedway, got the middle finger and Wker sign off them as she went to get a drink. Scared her a little she couldn’t understand it. She had been with me to Leicester Bournemouth footy in the afternoon and no trouble or problems at all. Weird that Oxford speedway has a small but vocal yob contingent. 

When we were leaving after the meeting had finished it was repeated. There’s celebrating a win and perhaps waiving bye bye, but wker signs and the middle finger while shouting abuse is really not cool. Doesn’t bother me but don’t do this to young women.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes last night my daughter, who hasn’t much of a clue about speedway, got the middle finger and Wker sign off them as she went to get a drink. Scared her a little she couldn’t understand it. She had been with me to Leicester Bournemouth footy in the afternoon and no trouble or problems at all. Weird that Oxford speedway has a small but vocal yob contingent. 

When we were leaving after the meeting had finished it was repeated. There’s celebrating a win and perhaps waiving bye bye, but wker signs and the middle finger while shouting abuse is really not cool. Doesn’t bother me but don’t do this to young women.

its always been the same there. 

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pot,kettle, black springs to mind with your background Shovlar. 

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I'm sorry to hear that. There did seem to be an excess of pantomime booing last  night and a couple of very childish facebook posts in the days preceeding the meeting that did not reflect well on the many Oxford fans who still can't believe (even after 3 seasons) they have their team back and are just looking forward to that last heat decider at Wimborne Road.

2 hours ago, Youhave2minutes said:

I take my coffee like i do my women. Black and Hot

Funny that, your last girlfriend said you reminded her of her coffee - instant and forgettable.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I'm sorry to hear that. There did seem to be an excess of pantomime booing last  night and a couple of very childish facebook posts in the days preceeding the meeting that did not reflect well on the many Oxford fans who still can't believe (even after 3 seasons) they have their team back and are just looking forward to that last heat decider at Wimborne Road.

Oxford do have a couple of security guys but they either ignored it or were oblivious to it. I can’t believe it was the latter. Pantomime booing and giving it large at a win is one thing. Intimidation with threats is another and one step from up close confrontation and fists flying. The Oxford management need to get a grip and get this stamped up. As I said, my daughter and I can walk around Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Nottingham Forest and West Ham this season wearing our football shirts with no trouble whatsoever. In fact we have had fans from most of these teams come up to us for a quick chat. Sure, there’s plenty of banter inside the stadium but not seen any trouble whatsoever outside this season.

27 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

its always been the same there. 

Well that's not true as I haven't seen that at Prem meetings! to be honest its putting me off getting another season ticket at Oxford in 2025 to watch the Premiership. To be fair the way the league structure is next year likely to be in the Champ and the fact we will lose our 2 stars (I hope I'm wrong) for the first time in 30 years I may not get a season ticket at Poole and chose to pick and choose my meetings but go and see our sponsored riders at their new tracks in the Prem in 2025.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

8 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well that's not true as I haven't seen that at Prem meetings! to be honest its putting me off getting another season ticket at Oxford in 2025 to watch the Premiership. To be fair the way the league structure is next year likely to be in the Champ and the fact we will lose our 2 stars (I hope I'm wrong) for the first time in 30 years I may not get a season ticket at Poole and chose to pick and choose my meetings but go and see our sponsored riders at their new tracks in the Prem in 2025.

Back in the oxford / reading/ swindon days it was positively toxic

Not too sure why some Oxford fans would behave that way. From my experience, it only seems to be when Poole fans visit. They do seem to have this way of rubbing the Oxford fans up the wrong way - probably due to their success to be fair, jealously does weird things to people.

Personally I love the Poole meetings, always a great atmosphere and always good friendly banter. A good rivalry is what makes speedway great, and there doesn't seem to be many bigger than Poole-Oxford at the moment, despite Oxford's recent return. Anybody making gestures to kids needs to have a word with themselves.

14 hours ago, lbw said:

You are obviously not a flat white connoisseur! 😀

is it coffee beans that come out of monkeys  bottoms or have i got it the wrong way around  ?