British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Actually it's not, he once sent one rider out in a race in the Premiership instead of 2. Think someone was injured but he replaced a programmed rider with a tac sub not the injured rider or something like that?

He makes so many howlers, it's hard to keep track tbh.

That was Ipswich away, we had Scott guesting, all happened in ht14, shambles. 

5 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Considering Poole have won the BSN series, finished top of the league and still have a great chance of overturning 12pts I'd day some Poole fans on X need a reality check

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Problem is, (most) Poole fans think they are going to win every meeting...and they do not like it when they don't.

The curse of winning. You get too used to it. So every time we are in a final, if we don't win each leg then 'we are rubbish.' According to some. 

Although looking at HL scores of 7, 7 and 4, done well to only be 12 down. Will be difficult and kinda need 3 Oxford riders to struggle but could be last heat decider or Super Heat yet!!

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Surely you know what Poole fans are like by now

When they win a match it’s Shovlar saying it’s against the odds and that other fan going on about his stupid coffee… or people saying they know more than others

Then when they lose tonight it all goes quiet and not a peep from them …. Worst losers always have been …. The comments on social media show you what their fanbase is like 

So we all now need to wait for the Shovlar to tell us how much it will be a shock if they overturn this deficit … it won’t be … but in his eyes it will be the biggest comeback since Lazurus 

Just the weirdest fanbase in the sport 

Please don't brand all Poole fans with the same brush there's nothing weird about me mate,I expect Poole to always do well as the Ford's always well nearly always build excellent teams and based on that expect them to win more than they lose  but as in tonight and other occasions Poole were second best Oxford were the better team no question and it makes the second leg more exciting.As I have said before it's a shame other teams don't have promoters like the Ford's and I'm not smoke blowing but they are successful so you tell me and your quite knowledgeable why can't other promoters build winning teams is it down to money,contacts,or is it Poole are just the team the good riders want to ride for.Don't know how long people on here have been going to speedway but the days of 41-37, 40-38 are long gone so are many many teams what a shame, how you used to look forward to every week seeing riders like Ivan Mauger,Peter Collins,Ole Olsen the list goes on.

• Like 2

Well that didn't go according to plan, reminded me of when Oxford came to Wimborne Rd. Even if you are right behind the Pirates you have to acknowledge that Masters and Nicholls are a class act, heats 13 & 15 we're pretty painful to watch. 

However the Pirates are a quality team that hasn't changed, so overturning the 12 points is doable. But 1-7 will have to show their hunger to succeed on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Surely you know what Poole fans are like by now

When they win a match it’s Shovlar saying it’s against the odds and that other fan going on about his stupid coffee… or people saying they know more than others

Then when they lose tonight it all goes quiet and not a peep from them …. Worst losers always have been …. The comments on social media show you what their fanbase is like 

So we all now need to wait for the Shovlar to tell us how much it will be a shock if they overturn this deficit … it won’t be … but in his eyes it will be the biggest comeback since Lazurus 

Just the weirdest fanbase in the sport 

Flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat white flat 

1 hour ago, Wobblywheel said:

If Tom Brennan rides as poorly as he did tonight in the return leg, then Oxford stand a chance of winning overall.

To be honest with the bang to his head I am amazed he carried on but then if you won’t let the medics near you …..

• Like 1

If anyone said it is Oxfords to lose I would agree with them. 12 points is a lot. Masters and Nicholls are equally as good at Winborne Road as Sandy Lane and Killeen was fantastic last time as he was tonight.

As for tonight, great crowd, great atmosphere and people still wonder why we have the play offs! Normal meetings just dont generate the excitement of the play offs. There is no doubt both teams have issues with one or two riders although although I thought Gilkes was very good and I doubt Jenkins would have scored as many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler42 said:

If as people have been saying that Boughen is riding with an injury. What are the options for Oxford? Is it R/R or can they use a guest? Having watched him last week riding for Scunny against Poole and tonight. He has scored 1 point in seven rides. Don't think Oxford can carry him on Wednesday and win.

There is no question he is carrying an injury. During the Championship riders meeting he put his bike down to avoid running into/over Sam Masters and hit the ground hard, then to crash in heat 3 tonight was the last thing he needed. Only time will tell how he feels physically and can make that decision.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

He did a lap of honour after heat 12, giving the Oxford fans the w****r sign on bends 3 and 4.

Not all bad then!!🤣🤣 after the abuse some Cheetah 'fans' dished out!!😇

Edited by SteveLyric2

8 hours ago, Debbi said:

There is no question he is carrying an injury. During the Championship riders meeting he put his bike down to avoid running into/over Sam Masters and hit the ground hard, then to crash in heat 3 tonight was the last thing he needed. Only time will tell how he feels physically and can make that decision.

If true that makes the decision not to replace him on heat 12 even worse. Schroeck should've replaced a fit Boughen with Killeen, but to leave an injured Boughen in for no reason - unfathomable.