British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

19 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I'm disappointed in Schroeck's poor management, but that's Poole's biggest loss of the season. I'd have taken 51-39 before the start. Bravo Sam Masters. Well done Dan Gilkes as well, 8+1 is decent return from four rides.

The blokes a twit

56 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

He's made a few shockers this season, but that has to take the award as the most incompetent decision this season!!

Actually it's not, he once sent one rider out in a race in the Premiership instead of 2. Think someone was injured but he replaced a programmed rider with a tac sub not the injured rider or something like that?

He makes so many howlers, it's hard to keep track tbh.

• Haha 1

If as people have been saying that Boughen is riding with an injury. What are the options for Oxford? Is it R/R or can they use a guest? Having watched him last week riding for Scunny against Poole and tonight. He has scored 1 point in seven rides. Don't think Oxford can carry him on Wednesday and win.

• Like 1

I'd like to say a few words in defence of Peter Schroeck and ht 12 

but, honestly I can't think of any.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LisaColette said:

I think that last tweet is a bit unfair on Vinny. Yes the other two have been very poor. Vinny won heat two, beating Kiieen in the process, then had a good 2nd. He has improved, just needs to settle down a bit. Could be a good signing for next season at Poole

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

Considering Poole have won the BSN series, finished top of the league and still have a great chance of overturning 12pts I'd day some Poole fans on X need a reality check

Problem is, (most) Poole fans think they are going to win every meeting...and they do not like it when they don't.

4 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

If as people have been saying that Boughen is riding with an injury. What are the options for Oxford? Is it R/R or can they use a guest? Having watched him last week riding for Scunny against Poole and tonight. He has scored 1 point in seven rides. Don't think Oxford can carry him on Wednesday and win.

First of all I wouldn’t have Gilkes at Poole, normally struggles. Got 2 for Redcar I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Problem is, (most) Poole fans think they are going to win every meeting...and they do not like it when they don't.

Surely you know what Poole fans are like by now

When they win a match it’s Shovlar saying it’s against the odds and that other fan going on about his stupid coffee… or people saying they know more than others

Then when they lose tonight it all goes quiet and not a peep from them …. Worst losers always have been …. The comments on social media show you what their fanbase is like 

So we all now need to wait for the Shovlar to tell us how much it will be a shock if they overturn this deficit … it won’t be … but in his eyes it will be the biggest comeback since Lazurus 

Just the weirdest fanbase in the sport 

• Like 1