British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Hope lbw hasn't started travelling, and has refundable travel and hotel.

Just went to send him a PM to alert him to the calloff, he hasn't been on the forum since last friday, hope he's ok

Personally hope he has.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All reviews at Leicester say it takes at least 40 mins from leaving stadium to getting out of car parks. Plus on arrival trying to park.

Yep. It's a nightmare getting out of Leicester after a match. Every time i've been, it's taken over an hour to get back to the M1.

Don't park on the industrial estate unless you want to be there till 7 o'clock trying getting out!

I've booked a driveway on the Just Park app, which is on the way out of town this time. I'm hoping this will be better!

Looks like the rain forecast has been over egged. Rain nowhere near heavy and most of it moving up the country to the west of Oxford. They might get a bit but not the heavy constant rain for hours that was predicted. Too late now though and the right move to make.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Yep. It's a nightmare getting out of Leicester after a match. Every time i've been, it's taken over an hour to get back to the M1.

Don't park on the industrial estate unless you want to be there till 7 o'clock trying getting out!

I've booked a driveway on the Just Park app, which is on the way out of town this time. I'm hoping this will be better!

I just booked a spot at Leicester Homebase which is a ten minute walk away. If I head out of Leicester on the Welford Road, Asquith/Atlee/Glenhills Way, I might have half a chance to get to the M1 without gridlock. 

As I am late does the Oxford car park at Unipart ever get completely full?

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like the rain forecast has been over egged. Rain nowhere near heavy and most of it moving up the country to the west of Oxford. They might get a bit but not the heavy constant rain for hours that was predicted. Too late now though and the right move to make.

I expect the damage has already been done.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I just booked a spot at Leicester Homebase which is a ten minute walk away. If I head out of Leicester on the Welford Road, Asquith/Atlee/Glenhills Way, I might have half a chance to get to the M1 without gridlock. 

I wouldn't think there is ever a problem with parking at the Unipart car park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Been raining now for just over an hour. Looks like it's here for a few more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you want to get away without any congestion I suggest you leave the football before the final whistle. The Welford Road down to the M1 is nose to tail after a game, it will be a nightmare just getting out of the car park. I would say if you leave the stadium at full time it won't be far off 6 o'clock before you reach the M1.

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Been raining now for just over an hour. Looks like it's here for a few more.

Yes it’s now wet and the rain has expanded and set in. As I said, right call.  Just a shame the rearranged fixture clashes with other sports many of us attend. Bet Alan Bates is p*ssed as Newcastle are at Everton and he has no chance of attending The final.

2 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

If you want to get away without any congestion I suggest you leave the football before the final whistle. The Welford Road down to the M1 is nose to tail after a game, it will be a nightmare just getting out of the car park. I would say if you leave the stadium at full time it won't be far off 6 o'clock before you reach the M1.

Thanks. I doubt I will make it in time.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes it’s now wet and the rain has expanded and set in. As I said, right call.  Just a shame the rearranged fixture clashes with other sports many of us attend. Bet Alan Bates is p*ssed as Newcastle are at Everton and he has no chance of attending The final.

Not sure many is the right word.

Maybe a few

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Suppose at least you know the  football will be on whatever and won't be a wasted trip to Leicester ( apart from the fact high level football is an overpriced/overrated sport )...... Wouldn't lose to much sleep having to leave early, even now the forecast isn't brilliant next week.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He said on twitter he isn't going to the football! 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Suppose at least you know the  football will be on whatever and won't be a wasted trip to Leicester ( apart from the fact high level football is an overpriced/overrated sport )...... Wouldn't lose to much sleep having to leave early, even now the forecast isn't brilliant next week.

Ticket price was £27.50 for me, £22.50 for my daughter. Always good value for away matches in the Premier League with a ceiling of £30. Tomorrow the Bournemouth v Manchester City tickets are on sale for me, and the price will be £43 + postage. However, the money generated by ticket sales for all PL clubs is a negligible % compared to the TV money and they could all let everyone in for free and not really feel it. Ticket sales for Bournemouth are something like 4-5% of the clubs revenue. Shows how much money is involved. 

If British speedway had 1% of footballs revenue the sport would be in good shape.