British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole v Oxford; Weds 25th and Fri 27th Sept

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Can't see when the re-arrange date will be as if Oxford can't come off Wednesday's then we are looking at Mid-October potentially. 

There's no reason Oxford can't race on other days of the week. We get good crowds whenever we race! 😁

Edited by Bojangles

3 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Saturday 5th now confirmed.

Noooooooooooooo! 

Absolutely thoughtless date for us football fans. I for one am at Kingpower for Leicester v AFCB. As are many other Poole fans who also attend football.  Oh well I will have to watch on BSN when I get back home.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Imagine if I had left 5 minutes early at Goodison a couple of weeks ago.

You might make it, Google says 1 hour 40 mins. Need to leg it out the stadium though;). Plus Oxford do a parade first so first race prob 7.45? 

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The least the Oxford promotion could do would be delay the start until 8pm to allow fans to get to Cowley from Leicester.

Only approx hour and 3/4 drive, so possible to make it. Or if Bournemouth getting tonked leave the match early.

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Noooooooooooooo! 

Absolutely thoughtless date for us football fans. I for one am at Kingpower for Leicester v AFCB. As are many other Poole fans who also attend football.  Oh well I will have to watch on BSN when I get back home.

Will be a massive crowd packing in at Oxford, and won't start bang on 7.30pm. Head straight there and you won't miss anything. Less than 100 minutes between Leicester and Oxford.  Loads of time.

32 minutes ago, IainB said:

Unlikely... we all know Poole will want the 2nd leg and will do anything to arrange that 😜

If Poole REALLY wanted the second leg, they could change Friday's fixture to the KOC final, but that sounds rather childish to me. So what if they don't get the second leg, not a big deal.

Can parade the trophy (if they win) to the home fans when they host the BSN / KOC finals.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

If Poole REALLY wanted the second leg, they could change Friday's fixture to the KOC final, but that sounds rather childish to me. So what they don't get the second leg, not a big deal.

Can parade the trophy (if they win) to the home fans when they host the BSN / KOC finals.

What and not get second leg in KO cup. Outrageous! ;):D

I prefer first leg at home anyway. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All reviews at Leicester say it takes at least 40 mins from leaving stadium to getting out of car parks. Plus on arrival trying to park.

Still plenty of time to go to Oxford. Traffic around Oxfordshire on Saturday evenings isn't a problem. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Noooooooooooooo! 

Get your priorities in order Steve, it's bound to be 0-0 after all, just watch the highlights on Motd.