British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Belle Vue.

Odds On

Am in total agreement with most on here concerning Sheffield Supporters, been to Sheffield this season, and 98% are very approachable and the banter is always in good jest.

The Bend 2 Army who i believe ruin it for most are in their own little world that most Sopeedway fans all over the country just ignore, as that's what they are a Non-Event.

I agree on the Tai comment, if he was riding, the 12 points isn't enough, but like i said Yesterday, you just don't know on tomorrow night.

I do believe Sheffield are Favourites as their home form has been phenomanal all season, and if they get through, i will certainly be at Leicester next Monday to watch the 1st Leg.

Good luck to both sides.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I personally want Belle Vue though to the final. Not because I think we can beat them it's more of that bend 2 army wanna be hooligans do everyone's nut in at Leicester. The rest of the Sheffield supporters I've spoke to and normal supporters and are super friendly. But that bunch have the same songs on repeat, sometimes do chants that make you cringe and they just look terrible in general. Especially that James fella, seems a right wind up merchant. Why can't they just be normal and stop antagonising everyone ? It's like Sheffield are the only club that exist to them. Either way whoever we get it's going to be a super close and tense final. Sheffield or Belle Vue, not fussed. Just don't want any annoying fans lol.

Bend 2 Barmy Army only sing songs.

Wait till you see what the Aces have in store for you.

If they win the flares go off and they are climbing all over the place.

When they win as they did at Sheffield 2022 they went absolutely mad Polish style.

And them flares stink.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spin king said:

When they win as they did at Sheffield 2022 they went absolutely mad Polish style.

And them flares stink.

My lad still has Matej's sombrero hung on his bedroom wall...:D

Edit. What a difference three or four hundred away fans make to a speedway meeting....

Maybe those who run it should subsidise away fans' travel and entrance fee?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spin king said:

And them flares stink.

Army ffs only 10 of them and named after a rivals stadium ffs 🤣

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

And them flares stink.

Totally agree on this. We stand on turn 3/4 and with the Belle Vue fans all grouped together on that terrace it was very intimidating, to the extent my wife remarked "this is exactly why I don't go to football". We actually left before heat 15 as the result was decided and she was feeling uncomfortable. The league matches this season haven't been too bad as not so many travelled, but she is already apprehensive about tomorrow night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DaveWayne said:

Totally agree on this. We stand on turn 3/4 and with the Belle Vue fans all grouped together on that terrace it was very intimidating, to the extent my wife remarked "this is exactly why I don't go to football". We actually left before heat 15 as the result was decided and she was feeling uncomfortable. The league matches this season haven't been too bad as not so many travelled, but she is already apprehensive about tomorrow night.

Blimey....

Never go to Poland then...

The whole purpose of team sports is to have that tribal element...

Without it, there is no point in running it using a team concept...

I bet the Sheffield promoters will have no apprehension tomorrow given they will get a fair few extra grand.,

The most all season from any team visiting...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, spin king said:

Of course Speedway needs to get away from the programme waving style of fans.

Time moves on. 

"Sit down, I can't see"...

"It's too noisy"...

"I always stand there, can you move?"..

"My favourite rider is Ove Fundin"...

:D

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

nice to hear your comments about them from a sheffield fan !! something ugly will happen one day ? and speedway & sheffield will look bad through this bunch of idiots my wife will also not go to sheffield anymore because of them i suspect many away fans don't go as well ? 

5 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

nice to hear your comments about them from a sheffield fan !! something ugly will happen one day ? and speedway & sheffield will look bad through this bunch of idiots my wife will also not go to sheffield anymore because of them i suspect many away fans don't go as well ? 

I think you misunderstood my post maybe ? Our issue was with the Belle Vue fans, not the Sheffield barmy army. It was the first time I have experienced anything like that at a speedway meeting and it made me wonder if 'segregation' needed to be looked at for speedway, particularly at bigger meetings. Sheffield fans were having to move away from them as the intimidation intensified as the result got closer. It wasn't what could be classed as banter, the comments were delivered in a threatening manner and some home fans felt very uncomfortable. The friendly family atmosphere normally experienced at speedway was noticeably absent.

• Like 1

Some sheffield fans got in a physical fight with Ipswich fans last year in the final so they are certainly no saints, screaming and shouting at the away fans and pushing them. I know for sure it’s not all of the them, but idiots spoil it for everyone. I want more emotion in speedway but physical violence isn’t necessary.

9 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

I think you misunderstood my post maybe ? Our issue was with the Belle Vue fans, not the Sheffield barmy army. It was the first time I have experienced anything like that at a speedway meeting and it made me wonder if 'segregation' needed to be looked at for speedway, particularly at bigger meetings. Sheffield fans were having to move away from them as the intimidation intensified as the result got closer. It wasn't what could be classed as banter, the comments were delivered in a threatening manner and some home fans felt very uncomfortable. The friendly family atmosphere normally experienced at speedway was noticeably absent.

There is a noticeable lack of "it means something" at the vast majority of UK speedway matches..

Which is why the sport is dying on its arse...

(In the UK)..

Therefore. Every now and again, let's just  pretend and collude with the promoters that it actually has some relevance...

B)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Have never been bothered by fans at Speedway except for the gang of Sheffield fans who turned up at Leicester for the pairs event last season. They did seem to be there only to provoke a response from anyone willing to stand up to them.

But they have nothing on EIHL Steelers fans!

Playing devil's advocate I feel that ideally the atmosphere at speedway meetings should be more football like in general.

I would never condone foul language in front of children or physical violence.

But I never understood the King's Lynn mantra of 'I don't care if we lose as long as I see decent racing'.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Zagarmeister said:

Playing devil's advocate I feel that ideally the atmosphere at speedway meetings should be more football like in general.

I would never condone foul language in front of children or physical violence.

But I never understood the King's Lynn mantra of 'I don't care if we lose as long as I see decent racing'.

When your team invariably isn't made up of your own riders I can see the logic behind the outlook...

As for the sport itself...

"It's a family sport" must be the most useless marketing phrase ever dreamt up...:D