British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Belle Vue.

Odds On

53 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

There's no hope of moving the shale with just a couple of rakers on each bend and an ancient tractor with a simple grading contraption on the back. That hasn't changed in years, so doesn't reflect the change in the track or the machines.

Surely someone could put some thought into a grader fitted to a tractor that actually shift the shale back towards the centre/inside of the track - it needs some sort of blade at an angle, at a fixed height.  Get a decent tractor (or two), with a good width of  grader attached, and it/they could get around the track fairly promptly.

Tatum and Louis all talk about the track developing after the first few follow the leader races so the material is purposely left to be flung to the outside of the tracks and graded in place rather than pulled about over the rest of the track.  Once the inside is dead slick you can't pull the material down onto it. They need to grade the tracks more often than every 4 races to stop the build up but it seems that's what everyone wants, or is it?  I remember the Huggy days at Lynn, grading with 2 tractors after every race ....

Just watched Ht 13 again in slo mo from the cameras on bends one and two....

Wow...

Brady Kurtz take a bow...

Fair play to Jack for not fencing him, but my God, Brady rode an amazing bend...

The best captain since Wilkie for me...