British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Belle Vue.

Odds On

30 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

As a neutral to tonight’s action I’m hoping for some great racing and some average commentating from kelv! 

You 'gotta believe' certain riders will be 'going along nicely'

And once the track settles down we'll be in for some 'smashing' racing...........

Um err..........

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zagarmeister said:

And once the track settles down we'll be in for some 'smashing' racing...........

Um err..........

Also the reserves can have upto 7 rides 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Zagarmeister said:

Um err..........

don't forget 'their opening gambit' and 'bomber isn't known for his starting'  

57 minutes ago, Zagarmeister said:

Um err..........

I think we will also be hearing that the teams will be going for it 'from the get go' and whenever Bewley isn't at the front he will definitely be 'coming on strong' behind the leaders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

As a neutral to tonight’s action I’m hoping for some great racing and some average commentating from kelv! 

Either way, I’d say in this meeting we are watching one of the premiership 2024 champions. (No offence to Leicester fans)! 

No doubt about that.

I think Sheffield will comfortably go through tonight, they are well dialled in at home and i expect them to come out strongly from heat 1 and can see our lead rapidly diminishing. The Holders will be very hard to rein in and Pickering, Howarth, and Harris will be better than Monday, i think the Tigers reserves will outscore us too. We havent travelled well this season i think Dan will go well, Brady and Lidsey have struggled round Owlerton whilst Cook and Blodorn can be up or down. We really have to buck the trend in away form this year to have any chance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

It's a matter of opinions and I can only go on my personal experience with them. They do look terrible in terms of there body language towards other supporters. Again I stress that this is what I have experienced. I've spoken to many people who said they've been rude to other supporters as well. James is wind up merchant. Commenting on social media stating how bad belle Vue fans were with the attendance and saying they acted like they won the league on Monday? Hes said made other comments as well that provoke a reaction. It's winding people up for sure. I do agree with need more songs noise created. But I'm my opinion there just bad at it. 

I'm glad we agree that more noise and songs , and general fan engagement is required and beneficial - even if not necessarily the method!

Next time Sheffield are at Leicester take the time to have a chat to them. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Good luck in the final

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zagarmeister said:

Playing devil's advocate I feel that ideally the atmosphere at speedway meetings should be more football like in general.

I would never condone foul language in front of children or physical violence.

But I never understood the King's Lynn mantra of 'I don't care if we lose as long as I see decent racing'.

Presumably that why the Lynn crowd only numbers a few hundred, I have been going to Lynn (occasionally) since 1970, and the actual racing has been utter rubbish for decades.

• Haha 1

Will be a huge shock if Belle Vue get through 

in 19 races at owlerton cook and Lidsey have had 19 rides no wins and only 19 points between them…. If that engine room doesn’t do better they have no chance 

• Like 2

Can see it being a bit one sided given the home advantage the track brings...

Especially the set up for the starts as when out in front at Owlerton you just ride two thirds track (just avoiding the ploughed field), at speed...

16-8 before heat five...

32-16 by heat nine...

54-36 the final score..

• Thanks 1

Due to illness I will be watching the meeting at home tonight.

I don't think it is as cut and dry as some people think.

Belle Vue are a decent team and capable of pulling the overall win.

The 2022 final Belle Vue came to Sheffield defending a 12 point lead, history could be repeated. 

39 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Presumably that why the Lynn crowd only numbers a few hundred, I have been going to Lynn (occasionally) since 1970, and the actual racing has been utter rubbish for decades.

Oh come on.. A few hundred:D

Have you seen some of the tracks on TV this season?

3 hours ago, Zagarmeister said:

Um err..........

Hopefully lots of landing of blows and widing it on around the outside too!

Seriously lets hope for a belter!

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Will be a huge shock if Belle Vue get through 

in 19 races at owlerton cook and Lidsey have had 19 rides no wins and only 19 points between them…. If that engine room doesn’t do better they have no chance 

That's so bad, it's almost hard to believe. Like you say, they need to better for Belle Vue to progress.