British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Belle Vue.

Odds On

23 minutes ago, BluTiger said:

Very true, his hot head brothers nearly cost him that night. Crumpy had the sense to get him away from the situation...

And IMHO the least talented SGP World Champion by some distance. 

• Like 1

Nobody apart from Sheffield fans want Sheffield to win … every supporter wants Leicester or Belle Vue 

For me I can’t stand Jack or Tai both need taking down a peg or two 

Will also never forget the vile Sheffield fans at last years play off final .. I’ve been going since 1980 and never seen a set of fans verbally abuse and give v signs and the hand gesture to kids as young as 8…. Don’t say it didn’t happen it did ….

On the plus side had a good chat with Sheffield fans at Ipswich after the cup final and Steady and Chris Holder …. Jack… well he had no time for anyone not even his own fans 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nobody apart from Sheffield fans want Sheffield to win … every supporter wants Leicester or Belle Vue 

Will also never forget the vile Sheffield fans at last years play off final .. I’ve been going since 1980 and never seen a set of fans verbally abuse and give v signs and the hand gesture to kids as young as 8…. Don’t say it didn’t happen it did ….

On the plus side had a good chat with Sheffield fans at Ipswich after the cup final and Steady and Chris Holder …. Jack… well he had no time for anyone not even his own fans 

Not one to hold a grudge are you gavan? 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Not one to hold a grudge are you gavan? 😉

If you call abusive behaviour towards kids a grudge then fine I have a grudge 

Did you read the part where I said how it was nice talking to the Sheffield fans and management at Foxhall recently?

But yes the behaviour of a minority of Sheffield fans that night was a disgrace …. Add in the fact that Jack Holder rides for your team and you can see why I don’t want Sheffield to win lol 

• Like 3

Just now, Gavan said:

If you call abusive behaviour towards kids a grudge then fine I have a grudge 

Did you read the part where I said how it was nice talking to the Sheffield fans and management at Foxhall recently?

But yes the behaviour of a minority of Sheffield fans that night was a disgrace …. Add in the fact that Jack Holder rides for your team and you can see why I don’t want Sheffield to win lol 

Just the same as in football, there is a minority of fans at every club who are unpleasant, but that doesn't make us all the same.

I have a friend who, in her early 20s took her 4 year old daughter to watch Wolves away at Belle Vue. On their way out of the stadium they were verbally abused by a Belle Vue supporter. What sort of man would do that to a lone woman and child ?

Reading these forums at the moment makes it sound like visiting Owlerton is the speedway equivalent of a trip to Millwall FC !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Agree with you on that :t:

Edited by AceBelle

46 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Just the same as in football, there is a minority of fans at every club who are unpleasant, but that doesn't make us all the same.

I have a friend who, in her early 20s took her 4 year old daughter to watch Wolves away at Belle Vue. On their way out of the stadium they were verbally abused by a Belle Vue supporter. What sort of man would do that to a lone woman and child ?

Reading these forums at the moment makes it sound like visiting Owlerton is the speedway equivalent of a trip to Millwall FC !!

You see Dave the mature thing to do there is to hold a grudge against a whole club based on the actions of few and cry about it whenever the opportunity arises.

It shouldn't be a surprise though. The club is based in the rough area of Hillsborough, so you should expect some foul language and potentially you're a few missing tyres if you drive. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

In fairness...

They are mainly from Yorkshire, so genetically you need to cut them a little slack...😁

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Minority give the majority a bad name, even as a Sheffield fan I cringe at the Bend2 clowns trying to be equivalent of football Stone Island brigade with their repetitive idiotic chanting when they’ve gone past the line on more than one occasion 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Minority give the majority a bad name, even as a Sheffield fan I cringe at the Bend2 clowns trying to be equivalent of football Stone Island brigade with their repetitive idiotic chanting when they’ve gone past the line on more than one occasion 

The “bend 2 barmy army” only been going couple years most sheff fans find them embarrassing. Bend 3 and 4 fans at owlerton great atmosphere and no hostility at all towards away fans, I was talking with the Ipswich lot last week all good banter 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, mikebv said:

In fairness...

They are mainly from Yorkshire, so genetically you need to cut them a little slack...😁

Not all of us, I am 2 counties away and travel an hour to get to Owlerton on a Thursday night. I can get to Leicester just as quickly, but was brought up as a Sheffield fan by my uncle who has been going since the 60s. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Not all of us, I am 2 counties away and travel an hour to get to Owlerton on a Thursday night. I can get to Leicester just as quickly, but was brought up as a Sheffield fan by my uncle who has been going since the 60s. 

Your sister isn't your mam then..?

And the family tree isn't a straight line?..😁

1 hour ago, Manifesto said:

The “bend 2 barmy army” only been going couple years most sheff fans find them embarrassing. Bend 3 and 4 fans at owlerton great atmosphere and no hostility at all towards away fans, I was talking with the Ipswich lot last week all good banter 

Must of been that lot at the play off final 

Every team has a set of fans that aren’t great just that your lot were absolutely vile simple as 

And yes I had a good laugh at Ipswich and Steady  stopped for ages and chatted to my daughter and 6 week old granddaughter for ages 

I think if anyone had offered BV a 12 lead to take to Owlerton they'd have taken it.

I went to the KO Cup Tigers v Aces meeting, Lemon cost BV that fixture not swapping Bailey for Mountain in heat 14.  I'm certain in terms of aggregate score the meeting would have been decided before heat 15 took place.  The Aces reserve pairing are not as strong now as then & the Tigers pair have improved. 

That said Kurtz had a poor night. 

The league meetings have all gone Sheffield's way.

The gates will dictate the racing, gate 3 is usually awful at the start of the meeting so winning the toss is vital.

If Woffinden was riding I wouldn't give Belle Vue any hope but I think it is well poised.

One thing is certain Lidsey needs to turn up.  Which doesn't occur too regularly away from NSS.

• Like 1

I personally want Belle Vue though to the final. Not because I think we can beat them it's more of that bend 2 army wanna be hooligans do everyone's nut in at Leicester. The rest of the Sheffield supporters I've spoke to and normal supporters and are super friendly. But that bunch have the same songs on repeat, sometimes do chants that make you cringe and they just look terrible in general. Especially that James fella, seems a right wind up merchant. Why can't they just be normal and stop antagonising everyone ? It's like Sheffield are the only club that exist to them. Either way whoever we get it's going to be a super close and tense final. Sheffield or Belle Vue, not fussed. Just don't want any annoying fans lol.

• Like 2