British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Belle Vue.

Odds On

5 minutes ago, Odds On said:

any chance of holding the second leg back at Belle Vue?...by far the best track in the league and would be another great spectacle for the sport, as opposed to the dross that will be served up at Sheffield.

Interestingly, if you look at the live updates threads from bank holiday monday, the updaters that day had more races down as 'from the gate' at Belle Vue than at Sheffield. 😉

• Like 4

Hope BV can put up 40 just to make the Grand Final spectacle worth watching for one leg of the Grand Final unfortunately I think they'll fall just short though.

Howarth, Pickering & Bomber won't ride like that at Owlerton and Sheffield will win the reserve battle imo.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Hope BV can put up 40 just to make the Grand Final spectacle worth watching for one leg of the Grand Final unfortunately I think they'll fall just short though.

Howarth, Pickering & Bomber won't ride like that at Owlerton and Sheffield will win the reserve battle imo.

What’s with the slagging of owlerton again the NSS is a great racetrack but if the opposition come to owlerton and have a go the racing is good standard.

Harris rides our track well I suspect he’ll stay at number 5 and ride better than first leg. Picko and Chris is the key partnership they need heat advantages whenever they ride together. Lidsey and Cook not been convincing at all so far this season when visiting Sheffield. 

prediction, Sheff to win superheat 🤩

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Odds On said:

any chance of holding the second leg back at Belle Vue?...by far the best track in the league and would be another great spectacle for the sport, as opposed to the dross that will be served up at Sheffield.

A lot of fast close races but very little passing, standard for NSS, people get excited about close finishes when riders in front rolling off 

In their 12 home League fixtures Sheffield have scored 619 points so averaging 51.58 points per meeting.  The 2 league meetings v Belle Vue scored 110 points averaging 55 points per meeting so it’s definitely an achievable target to get the 52 points needed to go through to the Grand Final 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TTT said:

play/offs throw up all kind of weird results Leicester should have burried ipswich but didn't Aces have great chance remember the 2022 final it's exactly the same score it's going to be tense affair everything to play for and obviously that slice of luck for whichever team will win it for them !!

37 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Don’t think 12 points will be enough for the Aces. Holders and Pickering very consistent round Owlerton… it’s theirs to lose in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Can’t see Belle Vue going through myself. 

In my experience watching the playoffs it is very hard to pull a lead back. Even 8 points can be challenging. It is just different to normal league aggregate meetings. BV know they can just sit on 3-3s and frustrate Sheffield and then they over try and potentially get excluded from crashing or causing them etc.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

In my experience watching the playoffs it is very hard to pull a lead back. Even 8 points can be challenging. It is just different to normal league aggregate meetings. BV know they can used sit on 3-3s and frustrate Sheffield and then they over try and potentially get excluded from crashing or causing them etc.

Good point... Look forward to seeing what happens Thursday... Glad I'm a neutral for this one 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

In my experience watching the playoffs it is very hard to pull a lead back. Even 8 points can be challenging. It is just different to normal league aggregate meetings. BV know they can just sit on 3-3s and frustrate Sheffield and then they over try and potentially get excluded from crashing or causing them etc.

Unlikely but I hope BV do it, I know he used to ride for us but Jack Holder comes over as such a spoilt brat these days. Had a few chats with his brother over the years who is a nice guy and of course he would support his brother with any criticism but they do seem poles apart in their attitude.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Unlikely but I hope BV do it, I know he used to ride for us but Jack Holder comes over as such a spoilt brat these days. Had a few chats with his brother over the years who is a nice guy and of course he would support his brother with any criticism but they do seem poles apart in their attitude.

Maybe not that many poles apart...

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well things are said in the heat of the moment, good job Crumpy was there to calm him down when he won the world title!

Very true, his hot head brothers nearly cost him that night. Crumpy had the sense to get him away from the situation...