British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2025

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree most Clubs reluctant to race on their Alternative racenight,probably due to their own rider availability,once again I say riders are running the show to the detriment of the paying fans.I just wonder how many Clubs increase their attendance figures this season.

Surely, the riders are "the show"??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe the “show” is not the correct phrase.They are dictating when they are available maybe a better description.IMO

That isn't strictly true either, though, is it?

The "powers that be" in World Speedway have decreed a "pecking order of importance", with the UK way down that list.  Riders have to abide to that.  Although it's true to say the riders will be aware which team is higher on the list when they sign for other countries teams.

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

That isn't strictly true either, though, is it?

The "powers that be" in World Speedway have decreed a "pecking order of importance", with the UK way down that list.  Riders have to abide to that.  Although it's true to say the riders will be aware which team is higher on the list when they sign for other countries teams.

I give in you win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If they are the reserves, would imagine it would be a weak looking middle order.

the reason why i have vinnie and sam in the Glasgow 2025 line up is because they performed well in the u21 ? championship at Ashfield this season . promotion would have been impresed by both riders  perfomaces . claus is another   who performed well on his guest booking early season . i  have NO inside info , but  i think thats the way  Glasgow work , innit .

2 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

the reason why i have vinnie and sam in the Glasgow 2025 line up is because they performed well in the u21 ? championship at Ashfield this season . promotion would have been impresed by both riders  perfomaces . claus is another   who performed well on his guest booking early season . i  have NO inside info , but  i think thats the way  Glasgow work , innit .

I'm not saying they wouldn't be good signings, just that of you use up 8.5 point at reserve, doesn't leave much for the top 5, especially with Harris at one.

Wether it's a 38 or 40 limit, makes a big difference.

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not saying they wouldn't be good signings, just that of you use up 8.5 point at reserve, doesn't leave much for the top 5, especially with Harris at one.

Wether it's a 38 or 40 limit, makes a big difference.

i see what ur saying . worky hade 2 reserves who struggled most of the season , but got into the play offs . you need strong  6 and 7 riders to beat the oppo 6/7 most of the time , if not your number 5 rider is giving the team little heat advantages apart from 13/15 heats .

i dont think Poo;e want both riders in their 2025 team because they want/need to fill 1 to 5 with superstars . would like to see them both @worky in 25 after last years  6 and 7  we had . good reserves win races and points make prizes .

Edited by j2ohh

2 hours ago, j2ohh said:

i see what ur saying . worky hade 2 reserves who struggled most of the season , but got into the play offs . you need strong  6 and 7 riders to beat the oppo 6/7 most of the time , if not your number 5 rider is giving the team little heat advantages apart from 13/15 heats .

i dont think Poo;e want both riders in their 2025 team because they want/need to fill 1 to 5 with superstars . would like to see them both @worky in 25 after last years  6 and 7  we had . good reserves win races and points make prizes .

I totally get your point, having strong reserves is ideal for winning trophies, but it's not that simple. Last year Glasgow looked to have solid reserves, but it meant weaker second strings. Plymouth probably had the strongest reserves all year, but it didn't do them any good as they didn't have top end strength.

I'd say Scunthorpe had the best reserve situation, starting with Ablitt on 3.5 & Harrison on 2.00. Ablitt ending above 5 & Harrison nearly 5.

These are the figures that should win trophies, strong reserves because of improvement, but Scunthorpe then fell apart elsewhere in the team, when it mattered at the end.

If Hagon & Foord go well at Glasgow, I'd look at including them along with a 2.00 rider you expect to up his average.

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I totally get your point, having strong reserves is ideal for winning trophies, but it's not that simple. Last year Glasgow looked to have solid reserves, but it meant weaker second strings. Plymouth probably had the strongest reserves all year, but it didn't do them any good as they didn't have top end strength.

I'd say Scunthorpe had the best reserve situation, starting with Ablitt on 3.5 & Harrison on 2.00. Ablitt ending above 5 & Harrison nearly 5.

These are the figures that should win trophies, strong reserves because of improvement, but Scunthorpe then fell apart elsewhere in the team, when it mattered at the end.

If Hagon & Foord go well at Glasgow, I'd look at including them along with a 2.00 rider you expect to up his average.

Scunny reserves +4.55

Oxford's +5.11.

[But Oxford lose out because of the drop off in Atkins form]

• Like 1