British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2025

12 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I spoke to Vinnie about a month ago and confirmed he's had offers from plenty of clubs but not from Poole yet. This was a while ago though so things can change. He wants Poole

He wanted Glasgow, was quite vocal about it when he was at Ashfield watching Glasgow while injured.

12 hours ago, TracksideView said:

He wanted Glasgow, was quite vocal about it when he was at Ashfield watching Glasgow while injured.

He's unlikely to say " I want to join Poole" is he? If he was at Edinburgh (or anywhere else), he'd probably say "I want to join Edinburgh (or wherever he is)".

I remember a few years back when they interviewed a very young Kyle Bickley (I think he'd be about 14 at the time) on the centre green at Redcar and he was adamant he wanted to join them when he was old enough.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2024 at 8:10 AM, j2ohh said:

Glasgow  need to buy new air/bean bags if vinnue ends up at crashfield .

Crashfield 😂, did you come up with that yourself 👏🏻, have a wee gold star for your clever wit and banter.

Why would Glasgow buy another new fence when they've already bought  FIM safety Fence for the 2025 season?

Back to the playground and try and pick up some better 'banter' , least be bitter and funny rather than just bitter and attention seeking.

• Like 6

On 10/11/2024 at 11:49 AM, StevePark said:

He's unlikely to say " I want to join Poole" is he? If he was at Edinburgh (or anywhere else), he'd probably say "I want to join Edinburgh (or wherever he is)".

I remember a few years back when they interviewed a very young Kyle Bickley (I think he'd be about 14 at the time) on the centre green at Redcar and he was adamant he wanted to join them when he was old enough.

I would listen to what @FishersGate had to say when he spoke to Vinnie at Leicester as you would prob get the real answer as they are not in the same league. 

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Wherever he ends up he should be encouraged rather than vilified a young kid who clearly has talent but a raw talent.

Starting a thread questioning if a young kid is dangerous is over the top.

Yes, but look who started it. Says it all really.

I have enjoyed watching him at Poole this season, entertaining and edge of your seat whenever he is out. If he ends up with you guys, he'll definitely get a good reception when he comes back down here. 

• Like 4

Take this for what it is I.e. simple gossip, but it would appear that the move to track both Thompson twins has broken down as a result of the miscalculation of averages and the Tigers are having to revisit their plans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Take this for what it is I.e. simple gossip, but it would appear that the move to track both Thompson twins has broken down as a result of the miscalculation of averages and the Tigers are having to revisit their plans.

How can this happen in a "professional" sport, surely you'd double check figures when planning teams?

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Cami did the maths 🙄

Or maybe he doesn’t want Joe Thompson on a 5.62 average to go alongside his brother his average would drop in the 1-5 alarmingly,I would be surprised if it was above 4.50 after a full season in the 1-5.

2 minutes ago, PTW said:

Or maybe he doesn’t want Joe Thompson on a 5.62 average to go alongside his brother his average would drop in the 1-5 alarmingly,I would be surprised if it was above 4.50 after a full season in the 1-5.

It was a joke. However no I wouldn't want Joe on that average either on any previous ashfield form. 

On 10/12/2024 at 6:28 PM, LisaColette said:

Yes, but look who started it. Says it all really.

I have enjoyed watching him at Poole this season, entertaining and edge of your seat whenever he is out. If he ends up with you guys, he'll definitely get a good reception when he comes back down here. 

What does it say, exactly?

On 10/12/2024 at 1:56 PM, Gazc said:

Wherever he ends up he should be encouraged rather than vilified a young kid who clearly has talent but a raw talent.

Starting a thread questioning if a young kid is dangerous is over the top.

Being from Paisley, you're probably more acclimatised to danger than us soft people from Oxford.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS