British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2025

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Probably 

Any miscalculation may just as much be to do with the points limit rather than any rider's average. Like last year the points limit was discussed and provisionally 'agreed' prior to AGM. Clubs began to put together their teams.Then various promotions changed their minds and a different, lower limit was voted in!!

26 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

Any miscalculation may just as much be to do with the points limit rather than any rider's average. Like last year the points limit was discussed and provisionally 'agreed' prior to AGM. Clubs began to put together their teams.Then various promotions changed their minds and a different, lower limit was voted in!!

Unless it’s the NL where they added half a point on to the limit just so a rider could get a team after every other team had built theirs 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SteveLyric2 said:

You're making things up again clive. Tut,tut.

3 hours ago, lewy said:

That would make a change, he usually lies to suit a Poole agenda

Ooh tut tut. I've never knowingly lied about anything speedway-related on here. I may have got a couple of things wrong here and there - something you know all about Wayne. (PS apologies Glasgow fans s - it's the Lewi effect, it follows everywhere. They don't have much going on down there.)

Edited by SteveLyric2

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Given last year there were a few thank you and goodbye messages after the season finished, does the lack of any such updates so far reveal indecision about make up of the team? Or was that just last year because we won the league?

Apart from Harris and an extent Flint this years Team was a disaster.Maybe not rushing things this year.(probably know line up though)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Apart from Harris and an extent Flint this years Team was a disaster.Maybe not rushing things this year.(probably know line up though)

Oh I don't know, Anders Rowe did well - got a full Championship contract replacing Steve Worral, an 8.13 rider, scored  a lot of bonus points and got his Championship GSA back to an employable level (6.27), Job done.

I know nothing is likely to change but hope we get the Tigers vs Comets more than 1H, 1A next season. Both sides take a good away following and certainly generates interest this end. It's a travesty when you think Poole/Oxford raced each other 8 times this year.

Something has to change, and if the reason for lack of meetings is mainly down to Oxford running 3 sides, then it's an absolute shambles. I fear that it's just going to be the same old BSN groups and then the same league format.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I know nothing is likely to change but hope we get the Tigers vs Comets more than 1H, 1A next season. Both sides take a good away following and certainly generates interest this end. It's a travesty when you think Poole/Oxford raced each other 8 times this year.

Something has to change, and if the reason for lack of meetings is mainly down to Oxford running 3 sides, then it's an absolute shambles. I fear that it's just going to be the same old BSN groups and then the same league format.

Maybe the BSN Series could be a 2 division series (1x4;1x5)?

On 10/22/2024 at 7:10 PM, Fromafar said:

Harris was certainly entertaining but Flint? Are you a Berwick fan? He didn't win enough races at Ashfield and James Pearson scored more/ averaged more around Ashfield. 

Pearson certainly did way better than anyone expected at Ashfield and increased his average from 4.08 to 5.51.

Plus marks also to Jack Smith who's probably going to be a victim of averages yet again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Harris was certainly entertaining but Flint? Are you a Berwick fan? He didn't win enough races at Ashfield and James Pearson scored more/ averaged more around Ashfield. 

Pearson certainly did way better than anyone expected at Ashfield and increased his average from 4.08 to 5.51.

Plus marks also to Jack Smith who's probably going to be a victim of averages yet again.

I’m a Berwick fan . Surprised they signed Flint has done as well as I expected from him .Never been  great round Ashfield.He’s  a bit.of Gater IMO doesn’t pass many.At his level.IMO.

5 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Totally agree with your comments about Pearson, I think Pearson was the only one that increased his average by 1.5 points, and yet those on here were criticizing him. As for next year probably some real Glasgow supporters who saw what I did may well be disappointed.

And yes his away form was poor but just think, his last matches away were a lot better because of engine changes - will be very easy to improve from 3.00 - even putting 1 or 2 points on that average. Easy for all other clubs to see that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2024 at 7:39 PM, Marksman said:

Sadly you probably won't see dramatic changes in the Championship for various reasons, ideally be no cup competitions and a League of 2 home 2 away then play offs of top 4 however the claim will be not enough riders for so many fixtures.

With Eastbourne applying to join National League and heavy rumours of a Northern Clubs addition also (won't be Berwick or Workington and Edinburgh and Redcar already have NDL) that would leave Glasgow possibly adding fixtures to to their empty calendar by joining the NDL.

Would it be supported though?

Edited by MillenTheVillen

5 hours ago, Wow68 said:

Totally agree with your comments about Pearson, I think Pearson was the only one that increased his average by 1.5 points, and yet those on here were criticizing him. As for next year probably some real Glasgow supporters who saw what I did may well be disappointed.

And yes his away form was poor but just think, his last matches away were a lot better because of engine changes - will be very easy to improve from 3.00 - even putting 1 or 2 points on that average. Easy for all other clubs to see that.

It’s called opinions it varies from person to person.

Because there opinion differs from you doesn’t make them any less a Glasgow fan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1