British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2025

Jaizer

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

I think they were considering an NDL team for 2024 late last year, but decided against. There were a few factors: it would require more volunteers, more track staff time, probably another team manager as it would be a lot for Cami to do that as well - he does have a life outside of speedway!

Also, they were pretty pissed with the way the end of the NJL season was handled.

No idea how much the extra cost of running a team in NDL factored in, but the practical side of things was definitely part of it.

With the training track being laid this winter and operational next year we need to consider where these riders will go to further their development. Will we have an NDL side of our own?  Certainly not next year but in the longer term we need one.

There were enough blank weeks this year to slot in the half dozen NDL meetings so that isn't really a problem. Would ask Colin Mackie to be team manager. He has experience at this level. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DJC said:

The move away from Leicester and possibly the comfort of riding with his brother, has done him the world of good. There was always a rider in there and fair play to Plymouth for helping it show. 
It would be good to see him lead them next year but I have a feeling Louis may want him somewhere more competitive if he's to stay at Ipswich (who'd also be mad to let him go). 

Glasgow would be a great place for him as a second/third HL dependant on points limit.

Harris and Pearson should be the ones they build a side around next year, if they can keep Rowe as well that would be a great start.

pity rowe.... rowe ... has sadly rowed his boat to poole..

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I think they were considering an NDL team for 2024 late last year, but decided against. There were a few factors: it would require more volunteers, more track staff time, probably another team manager as it would be a lot for Cami to do that as well - he does have a life outside of speedway!

Also, they were pretty pissed with the way the end of the NJL season was handled.

No idea how much the extra cost of running a team in NDL factored in, but the practical side of things was definitely part of it.

Thanks 😊. And a prem team is out the question? If there was any prem team in Scotland/closer to home, I'd be keen to travel (work full time mon-fri and have mum duties, so further out as a treat - but not feasible for regular visits) - I imagine there's lots of fans north(and -ish) of the border who wouldn't normally support glasgow in champ, but would travel to see some of the bigger names of prem.

Also, my view for next year: Bomber & Pearson. Smith's ave is 3.73, would place him good at 6 - would that be enough for a confidence boost and see him produce the points he did when he initially signed..? Rowe's a steal at 6.27 - would be gutted if he has signed for Poole. 

8 minutes ago, Kerryxo said:

Thanks 😊. And a prem team is out the question? If there was any prem team in Scotland/closer to home, I'd be keen to travel (work full time mon-fri and have mum duties, so further out as a treat - but not feasible for regular visits) - I imagine there's lots of fans north(and -ish) of the border who wouldn't normally support glasgow in champ, but would travel to see some of the bigger names of prem.

Also, my view for next year: Bomber & Pearson. Smith's ave is 3.73, would place him good at 6 - would that be enough for a confidence boost and see him produce the points he did when he initially signed..? Rowe's a steal at 6.27 - would be gutted if he has signed for Poole. 

Prepare to feel gutted. According to our latest epistle we spent the last month or so resetting - isn't reset a crime?- but  seem to have reduced Rowe's average by well over a point only for another teams to benefit from this. Another of this season's  masterstrokes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Prepare to feel gutted. According to our latest epistle we spent the last month or so resetting - isn't reset a crime?- but  seem to have reduced Rowe's average by well over a point only for another teams to benefit from this. Another of this season's  masterstrokes!

Alls good though we are the masters of masterstrokes credit we’re it’s due.

4 hours ago, Beirao said:

Club/Promotion/Team Manager can't be held accountable if they aren't told the truth. 

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Pearson isn't as inexperienced as some are making out. He's had 3 full seasons, plus one in the NL, so his away ave must be a concern.

Obviously his home form should mean Glasgow will be in two minds wether he should return?

It was his 3rd season yes, which means 3 races on away tracks and only twice at Poole, his NDL season was last year  in combination with championship- and on mostly different tracks -  I have stated this in my comments so what’s your point? 3 times on a track versus growing up racing on the tracks is very different. 

5 hours ago, tyretrax said:

What's not to understand, you surely must have heard the saying before?

If I knew what you meant I wouldn’t be asking - but if you prefer to be a smart A@@ about it that’s your choice. It was a sensible ask.

• Like 1