British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2025

Jaizer

8 hours ago, Wow68 said:

Of course he will improve - he is only 19 - this year as an example was only time 2nd time he raced at Poole. Unlike all of the UK riders who have grown up racing on these tracks. He could easily put 1-2 points on his away average. Anyway if Tigers don’t want him the club who does take him will get the rewards just like tigers did this year - a 4 point rider who managed 7+ points at home every week. And yes even when at number 6 he still beat all the same riders.

Exactly this. We just need to convince Cami...

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

One heat leader, three second strings and three reserves probably the make up off most teams next year.

What could possibly go wrong, It must be the only sport i know that weakening the product time after time will make everything better, and they still expect you to pay the same if not more for it.

They have certainly made a pigs ear of everything this season .IMO.But hey I’m just a Forum F*nny who shouldn’t have an opinion that doesn’t toe the line.Just want my money.

5 minutes ago, TracksideView said:

3 riders currently signed for the 2025 season. Anders isn't one of the signings and won't be signing for Glasgow.

Thought Friday track might not suit him for the full season. Assume be Poole or Oxford if he does champ next year being midweek tracks.

Fought so hard to get away from Sunday's because of Poland, now it's affecting Fridays!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

One heat leader, three second strings and three reserves probably the make up off most teams next year.

What could possibly go wrong, It must be the only sport i know that weakening the product time after time will make everything better, and they still expect you to pay the same if not more for it.

Would that not make the racing closer though? Means a reserve is capable of beating 6 of the opposition team?

Ideally you want the gap between the top & bottom riders as narrow as possible for close racing. So hopefully doesn't mean 4-6 point riders get dropped for new 2.00 riders.

But with the likes of Pickering, Ben Cook & Brennan possibly not riding in the Champ next year, Plymouth not having a number one all season, will Schlein ride next year? Where will the heat leaders come from?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But with the likes of Pickering, Ben Cook & Brennan possibly not riding in the Champ next year, Plymouth not having a number one all season, will Schlein ride next year? Where will the heat leaders come from.

This point hits the nail on the head. While everyone would wish to see a higher points limit, probably most promoters even, all it would do currently is enable the richer clubs to hoover up the scarce heat leaders and leave the poorer clubs without any top end strength.

While the points limit exists then it should be set at a level that encourages healthy competition in the league otherwise there is no point having a points limit at all.

Edited by SpeedwaySlider72
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Beirao said:

Are you sure Cami makes these kind of decisions? He's a volunteer and they are way above his pay grade.

I used to think that, but now I'm not so sure. He's certainly the source of a lot of views that get banded around, but whether they come from or through him, I don't know.

5 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Exactly this. We just need to convince Cami...

Well actually no, if Cami and Glasgow don’t see the value it’s there loss. I am sure JP will continue to grow and become a world class speedway rider with or without them.

Just playing with numbers, don't think it's at all likely but would be strong:

1. Harris - 9.07*
  2. J Thompson - 5.63* (or JP - 5.51)
  3. Boughen - 5.03*
  4. Hellstrom-Bangs  - 5.00 (or any other superstar 5.00 :rofl:, Bailey or Borke fit otherwise) 
  5. D Thompson - 7.36*
  6. Foord - 3.90*
  7. Hodder - 2.00

=37.99

*Brit reduction

7 hours ago, MB723 said:

Just playing with numbers, don't think it's at all likely but would be strong:

1. Harris - 9.07*
  2. J Thompson - 5.63* (or JP - 5.51)
  3. Boughen - 5.03*
  4. Hellstrom-Bangs  - 5.00 (or any other superstar 5.00 :rofl:, Bailey or Borke fit otherwise) 
  5. D Thompson - 7.36*
  6. Foord - 3.90*
  7. Hodder - 2.00

=37.99

*Brit reduction

Like the idea of having a young guns riding for Glasgow but think Foord's average is too high and would be hard to see Boughen leaving Oxford.

16 hours ago, MD said:

We were here in 2016 when the product was weakened and lots of 2.00 pointers were forced up when they werent ready for it. Thats when Jack Smith first joined us.

Having endured two seasons of very few fixtures and now further dilution of the product in prospect again next year I think I may opt out, or at least buy a season ticket to support the club but with no intention of attending, and hope things get better in 2026.

The valid point is they weaken the product ,charge more and expect increase in Attendance.The not a winning solution in my book.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The valid point is they weaken the product ,charge more and expect increase in Attendance.The not a winning solution in my book.

That depends how you assess the product. Anyone watching speedway at Ashfield would say that the racing has improved year on year. If that is the product and it has improved then does the points limit really have much impact? Have admission prices increased by much more than inflation in recent times?

It seems that too much importance is placed on the points limit every year by promoters and fans alike when there is so much more to the sport.

Speedway fans often like to throw stones at their own sport rather than enjoy the sporting spectacle which is just as good as most other sports. There is room for improvement but are things so bad to warrant the frequent negativity that is on display on this forum?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

That depends how you assess the product. Anyone watching speedway at Ashfield would say that the racing has improved year on year. If that is the product and it has improved then does the points limit really have much impact? Have admission prices increased by much more than inflation in recent times?

It seems that too much importance is placed on the points limit every year by promoters and fans alike when there is so much more to the sport.

Speedway fans often like to throw stones at their own sport rather than enjoy the sporting spectacle which is just as good as most other sports. There is room for improvement but are things so bad to warrant the frequent negativity that is on display on this forum?

On a price-per-pass basis, Ashfield is fantastic value, but that's triggering to fans of some other clubs 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The biggest issue is having a home fixture on average every three weeks. Add in that next years teams might have to be made up of half NDL/half CL standard riders and my enthusiasm is burst.

Im not sure Glasgow will charge more but I am sure the thoughts, frustrations and preferences of the customer arent even an afterthought. No matter how rubbish we can make it, or how many times we get it wrong, its take it or leave it.