British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2025

Jaizer

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Seen bit of discussion on other threads so why not have a dedicated one.

For me bomber, Rowe and JP would be back. But from rumours none of them may be. Spencer and hodder did themselves no harm in guest appearances for the reserve slot.

I really like James but his away form is not good enough for a 5 pointer and with whatever the points limit is I don't know if you take the risk that he'd improve. Rowe is dependant on Poland, to be honest I think we'll see him at Poole or Oxford due to that.

Hodder definetly one to try and grab. Think Vinnie Foord would be good as the other reserve and it seems like he likes our track.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MB723 said:

I really like James but his away form is not good enough for a 5 pointer and with whatever the points limit is I don't know if you take the risk that he'd improve. Rowe is dependant on Poland, to be honest I think we'll see him at Poole or Oxford due to that.

Hodder definetly one to try and grab. Think Vinnie Foord would be good as the other reserve and it seems like he likes our track.

I'm bit old school and worry about home wins first rather than away averages personally so would gladly have JP back.

Yes foord is certainly entertaining on the track would be brilliant if was a possibility. Think he's south coast based though which might be an issue.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm bit old school and worry about home wins first rather than away averages personally so would gladly have JP back.

Yes foord is certainly entertaining on the track would be brilliant if was a possibility. Think he's south coast based though which might be an issue.

Poole don’t many mistakes regarding Team building ,can’t see them letting slip away if he wants to be there.

51 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Thing is Foord is in the Glasgow pits during meetings fairly frequently watching the meetings, so shouldn't be too much of an issue for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Conner didn’t sound very positive in his SS interview the other week.Would be a decent signing if head gets his head around the sport again.

Might help him riding a track close to home, think he's been spannering for a glasgow rider (JP maybe) a bit for the last few meetings 

On 9/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, MB723 said:

Of course he will improve - he is only 19 - this year as an example was only time 2nd time he raced at Poole. Unlike all of the UK riders who have grown up racing on these tracks. He could easily put 1-2 points on his away average. Anyway if Tigers don’t want him the club who does take him will get the rewards just like tigers did this year - a 4 point rider who managed 7+ points at home every week. And yes even when at number 6 he still beat all the same riders.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wow68 said:

Of course he will improve - he is only 19 - this year as an example was only time 2nd time he raced at Poole. Unlike all of the UK riders who have grown up racing on these tracks. He could easily put 1-2 points on his away average. Anyway if Tigers don’t want him the club who does take him will get the rewards just like tigers did this year - a 4 point rider who managed 7+ points at home every week. And yes even when at number 6 he still beat all the same riders.

Had a decent season well worth keeping at 19,still has time improve.

3 hours ago, Wow68 said:

I would personally keep him but he will have a 5.51 average next season and if the point limit goes down (or even stays the same) he might be hard to fit in.

2 hours ago, MB723 said:

I would personally keep him but he will have a 5.51 average next season and if the point limit goes down (or even stays the same) he might be hard to fit in.

One heat leader, three second strings and three reserves probably the make up off most teams next year.

What could possibly go wrong, It must be the only sport i know that weakening the product time after time will make everything better, and they still expect you to pay the same if not more for it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

One heat leader, three second strings and three reserves probably the make up off most teams next year.

What could possibly go wrong, It must be the only sport i know that weakening the product time after time will make everything better, and they still expect you to pay the same if not more for it.

We were here in 2016 when the product was weakened and lots of 2.00 pointers were forced up when they werent ready for it. Thats when Jack Smith first joined us.

Having endured two seasons of very few fixtures and now further dilution of the product in prospect again next year I think I may opt out, or at least buy a season ticket to support the club but with no intention of attending, and hope things get better in 2026.