British Speedway Forum

Riders Cheating

25 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s near on impossible to cheat at World Cup or GP level, not saying it hasn’t happened but most are just looking for an advantage within the rules(like the current trend of jhr rear frames)but I think people mistakenly confuse speedway with other motorbike sports, more power doesn’t mean more wins, it means more wheel spin and the slicker the track the more you will go nowhere, power means nothing if you can’t get the rear wheel to grip,,take the example of smolinski in earlier post he cheated by pulling a wire apart mid race but it didn’t make his bike have more power it made it less power and the back wheel to hook up better on the slick track, the difference with polish riders and their ability to adapt is their training from an early age on how a bike works, most polish riders can strip and rebuild engines, a lot of British youngsters don’t understand the importance of having a clean air filter 

100%agree regarding the mechanical knowledge of how the bikes works is big part of being able to make the correct changes on set ups.Many of the young Brits do not have that IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

100%agree regarding the mechanical knowledge of how the bikes works is big part of being able to make the correct changes on set ups.Many of the young Brits do not have that IMO.

Unfortunately “the set up “ is more and more important these days to the point now where even in British speedway if you don’t have it close you won’t even be competitive and that’s sad 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It’s near on impossible to cheat at World Cup or GP level, not saying it hasn’t happened but most are just looking for an advantage within the rules(like the current trend of jhr rear frames)but I think people mistakenly confuse speedway with other motorbike sports, more power doesn’t mean more wins, it means more wheel spin and the slicker the track the more you will go nowhere, power means nothing if you can’t get the rear wheel to grip,,take the example of smolinski in earlier post he cheated by pulling a wire apart mid race but it didn’t make his bike have more power it made it less power and the back wheel to hook up better on the slick track, the difference with polish riders and their ability to adapt is their training from an early age on how a bike works, most polish riders can strip and rebuild engines, a lot of British youngsters don’t understand the importance of having a clean air filter 

What’s the JHR rear end advantage(if any)

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

What’s the JHR rear end advantage(if any)

I’ve never tried one but the bottom tube is like a square tube design so I would  imagine it makes the bike drive more but and this is my opinion only it makes the bike very unpredictable on less than perfect tracks.3 riders who use them are lambert, Doyle and lindgren who are all very fast this year but have randomly had moments where the bike has just taken off in the middle of the corner but I suppose if I they feel it works 90% of the time it’s worth the risk in their mind, traction control is banned in speedway so they are trying to sort of create it with frame modifications, I know zmarzlik has brought a lot of them but isn’t using them at moment and well he is world champion so do they work ?

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’ve never tried one but the bottom tube is like a square tube design so I would  imagine it makes the bike drive more but and this is my opinion only it makes the bike very unpredictable on less than perfect tracks.3 riders who use them are lambert, Doyle and lindgren who are all very fast this year but have randomly had moments where the bike has just taken off in the middle of the corner but I suppose if I they feel it works 90% of the time it’s worth the risk in their mind, traction control is banned in speedway so they are trying to sort of create it with frame modifications, I know zmarzlik has brought a lot of them but isn’t using them at moment and well he is world champion so do they work ?

As far as I'm aware jhr have made a couple of rear ends over the years that are different to conventional rear ends made by the likes of jawa and stuha.

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

This is the jhr rear end, not the best photo but you get the idea 

IMG_0707.png

I must be hard to to tell if it really any better given all the different styles and weights of the riders.Woffy had a article in SS suggesting riders weight is a big important factor.

58 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I must be hard to to tell if it really any better given all the different styles and weights of the riders.Woffy had an article in SS suggesting riders weight is a big important factor.

I think it’s about the flex of the tube and the bottom tube won’t flex a much as a normal tube so making the bike want to go straight line quicker