British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden SGP 2025

No doesn’t deserve a wild card and no shouldn’t retire from world speedway, he should enter European championship next year and enter qualifying rounds for GP and if he still wants it he is good enough to qualify of which I would like to see him do and I say this as someone who can’t stand the guy 

• Like 3

Time for Tai to move on... if he really thinks he is good enough and wants it bad enough he will go through the GP challenge like everyone else...

Has he never done the GP challenge before as he knows he has a shoe in guaranteed place via Monster ?? 

After his poor 2023 he would surely have looked at the GP challenge as a backup in 2024

I don't think Tai deserves a wild card at all. That being said I don't think it's time to retire from international racing or that he should move on. If he wants to race in the GPs, he'll just have to do something he's never managed before, get through the qualifying system. If he does that, then he deserves to be there.

A fan of Tai of what he brings to the sport and also that he is outspoken enough to say it like it is. However with only 4 wildcards I think he will miss out. 

Doyle should be a certainty to get one he was more than competitive at the start of the season. Other Wildcards will be dependent on who qualifies in the challenge.

Hopefully Lebedev wins the SEC to guarantee his spot which then would mean Madsen will need a Wild Card. 

Did anybody note Artem Laguta's IG feed with a photo of him lifting the World Championship with  "Great memories - Maybe one day I'll be back 💗 "

Perhaps there are discussions in the background to bring him back in 2025 

1 minute ago, Hackett said:

A fan of Tai of what he brings to the sport and also that he is outspoken enough to say it like it is. However with only 4 wildcards I think he will miss out. 

Doyle should be a certainty to get one he was more than competitive at the start of the season. Other Wildcards will be dependent on who qualifies in the challenge.

Hopefully Lebedev wins the SEC to guarantee his spot which then would mean Madsen will need a Wild Card. 

Did anybody note Artem Laguta's IG feed with a photo of him lifting the World Championship with  "Great memories - Maybe one day I'll be back 💗 "

Perhaps there are discussions in the background to bring him back in 2025 

It's been a second rate and predictable series without Emil and Artem...

• Like 1