British Speedway Forum

William Cairns

4thbender

I've watched speedway for 58 years; I've watched great riders and riders who were not so good. I've seen them come and I've seen them go.

But I've never seen a talent like I saw on Thursday night in the Cubs v Colts match at Owlerton. William Cairns is 15 - he must be still at school. But on a track he'd probably never seen before he scored 18 points and was pretty much untouchable. The lad has a prodigious talent and it is without question he will race at GP level before his contemporaries have got their boots on. I will watch his progress with great interest. Mark my words: he is a champion in the making.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

I've watched speedway for 58 years; I've watched great riders and riders who were not so good. I've seen them come and I've seen them go.

But I've never seen a talent like I saw on Thursday night in the Cubs v Colts match at Owlerton. William Cairns is 15 - he must be still at school. But on a track he'd probably never seen before he scored 18 points and was pretty much untouchable. The lad has a prodigious talent and it is without question he will race at GP level before his contemporaries have got their boots on. I will watch his progress with great interest. Mark my words: he is a champion in the making.

Hes on par with tai and Lambert at the same age, he's certainly one for the future his family sure puts the miles in all over the world practicing with Greg Hancock,

3 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Yes, very true. When I saw him first in the Junior championships last year, I commented, 'Yes, he's got it!' Meaning talent ... it was obvious from the start.

16 hours ago, AceBelle said:

going to be interesting who young William decides to sign for in prem stay with daddy or continues with b/vue ? hard choice ? 

He has already stated he won’t be riding for his father as he doesn’t want to be accused of favouritism and wants to make his own way in the sport. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 11:25 AM, 4thbender said:

If you think William Cairns is that good, imagine how amazing Maksymilian Pawelczak is going to be!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 11:25 AM, 4thbender said:

Not seem William ride so will not comment on him.But have seen dozens of youngsters at 15/16 who thought were world beaters very few reached the top.Best of luck to William though,he seems to have the backing behind him so hope he goes far.Luck needed in Speedway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

If you think William Cairns is that good, imagine how amazing Maksymilian Pawelczak is going to be!

and speaks very good fluent english which hopefully comes in handy to him maybe giving uk a go at some point because he is special him