British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

29 minutes ago, BluTiger said:

King was an empty kettle of fish riding at 2 in the play offs at Leicester...😉

And i simply can't disagree with your comment, stood on the Back Straight At Leicester that night,  watching him either fall off whilst holding a Match Winning 5-1 (Lack of Team Riding Skills AGAIN) or just looking miles off it in his other 3 Heats.

I do believe he will return due to the Ritchie Love-In, but i'm sure most loyal Fans will be honest and say a Change is needed, and Jason Doyle should return as Skipper.........BUT

• Like 1

So just for perspective 

King averaged more than Ellis

King rode at 3 or 5 most of the season and Ellis rode at 2 or 4.

Personally I don’t mind which of the two we keep as I believe they will do a similar job if they ride at number 2

Danny King is now not going to go out and get you 10 points every meeting like some deluded Ipswich fans expected at the end of the season he isn’t that level

As back up to Jason Emil and Tom he would do a decent enough job riding at two 

I have zero preference over King or Ellis I’d welcome both back as a second string not a heat leader ….. I just feel Danny has become an easy target for some of our fans 

Defo a 40.00 limit because that's what the powerhouses will want.

BV don't want Zischke at No.2, They'll need a 40 limit in order to get Tate at No.6

Ipswich can't sign Brennan unless it's a 40 limit because they'd have to get rid of two from the following 3 (King, Rew & Ellis) if it was to be a 39 limit.

Sheffield won't want to release a power HL as the Holder Brothers will want to be at the same club so they'll need a 40 limit considering Woffinden has confirmed himself.

Only need one of Leicester or Oxford to join the party and then a vote split is in favour of 40.

Controversial, King over Ellis is probably the right call looking at the season statistics.

Ellis rode as a second string for most of the season and his average didn't improve much at all (+ 0.04) whilst King was riding as a HL.

Danny wouldn't be a HL next season as that'll be Brennan so maybe it's the right call to give Danny one more year? Only this time as a second string with no pressure.

Pair him up with Doyle at No.2 because you know that Doyle is going to win the vast majority of races he competes in before the tapes even go up, Then Danny's other ride will be against the oppositions 2 & 7.

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Emil in Polish media is quoted as saying "For now, I'm focused on PGE Ekstraliga and Premiership, and I'm not thinking about the world championships at the moment".

Sounds like he is back for Ipswich in 2025.

Saw that myself earlier. I know the competitive nature of supporters is to not want your rivals to look good and sign strong riders, but there surely can’t be any true fan that doesn’t want him to return. There are few riders in Speedway that have the X factor but he’s one of them. Box office and he’s great for the league.

Edited by Aries
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, Aries said:

Saw that myself earlier. I know the competitive nature of supporters is to not want your rivals to look good and sign strong riders, but there surely can’t be any true fan that doesn’t want him to return. There are few riders in Speedway that have the X factor but he’s one of them. Box office and he’s great for the league.

100%. I'd really love to know (of course money counts) why he likes coming over. What is it British Speedway give him?

Us fans are always this tracks s#!t, that tracks s#!t, this & that teams s#!t, stadiums â…” empty.

Is it as simple as "easy money" in the Premiership over the Elitserien or is their something else us fans just don't understand?

With Doyle & other Aussie's it's obvious why they'd be here, language, family etc, but I don't understand it with Pole's, Swede's, Dane's etc.

Organisation of our league is so erratic with weather & rearranged fixtures too.

The competitiveness of the Swedish league is far greater. 

But yes, 100% Sayfutdinov is box office & should be appreciated by every track.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2024 at 8:14 AM, blue witch said:

Doyle

King

Brennan

Rew

Emil

Thompson

Jenkins

There still has to be a question mark on the rising star I’d have thought? On two fronts. One if Jenkins is allowed back on the list after previously coming off it, and two if there’s a picking order others will get there first surely..

Looks like the other 6 are nailed on if it’s 40, if it’s 39 then Ellis back in for Brennan and same team as this year. 

8 hours ago, Aries said:

He is worth the admission money alone at owlerton a true asset to British speedway. I want to see every prem team full of gp riders if possible 

11 hours ago, TTT said:

Controversial, King over Ellis is probably the right call looking at the season statistics.

Ellis rode as a second string for most of the season and his average didn't improve much at all (+ 0.04) whilst King was riding as a HL.

Danny wouldn't be a HL next season as that'll be Brennan so maybe it's the right call to give Danny one more year? Only this time as a second string with no pressure.

Pair him up with Doyle at No.2 because you know that Doyle is going to win the vast majority of races he competes in before the tapes even go up, Then Danny's other ride will be against the oppositions 2 & 7.

That’s a fair point. Looking at the 2024 stats there’s been very little between them. You also have to factor in that King was riding the last third of the season injured so that will have affected his scoring. 

Not sure about his position in the team though. I think I’d prefer Rew at 2 with Doyley, King in the engine room with Brennan. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

100%. I'd really love to know (of course money counts) why he likes coming over. What is it British Speedway give him?

Us fans are always this tracks s#!t, that tracks s#!t, this & that teams s#!t, stadiums â…” empty.

Is it as simple as "easy money" in the Premiership over the Elitserien or is their something else us fans just don't understand?

With Doyle & other Aussie's it's obvious why they'd be here, language, family etc, but I don't understand it with Pole's, Swede's, Dane's etc.

Organisation of our league is so erratic with weather & rearranged fixtures too.

The competitiveness of the Swedish league is far greater. 

But yes, 100% Sayfutdinov is box office & should be appreciated by every track.

I think the amount of time and effort Louis took to get everything in place for Emil to come over, he feels he owes it to come back over? He's a winner and wants to win things maybe feels he has unfinished business?

whatever it is I don't care as long as he's back in British speedway. I've said before I don't pay £23 a week to watch the likes of Danny King or Kyle Howarth you pay it for the entertainment of Doyle, Emil, Brady Tai etc. 

No wonder the crowds was down when 2 of the best in the league was missing for months with no good replacements

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

That’s a fair point. Looking at the 2024 stats there’s been very little between them. You also have to factor in that King was riding the last third of the season injured so that will have affected his scoring. 

Not sure about his position in the team though. I think I’d prefer Rew at 2 with Doyley, King in the engine room with Brennan. 

Could flip the two around throughout the season based on who's in better form at the time.

You can get their rides done before the latter part of the meeting then whilst having the one in better form go out in Heat 14.

Maybe the best route is to have Rew at No.2 at Home considering Danny can still score points around Foxhall but flip flop them around for Away meetings in order to get Danny's rides down before the interval whilst having the comfort of knowing that you'll finish the meeting strong with Doyle/Emil x2 and Brennan going out in Heat 12.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

You might not get TB afterall ???

Depends if a deal was done whilst there was uncertainty at Birmingham. I’d heard Brennan definitely agreed to return to Birmingham before the uncertainty so we’ll have to wait and see. Birmingham hoping to announce first signing this week, wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s Brennan. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Depends if a deal was done whilst there was uncertainty at Birmingham. I’d heard Brennan definitely agreed to return to Birmingham before the uncertainty so we’ll have to wait and see. Birmingham hoping to announce first signing this week, wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s Brennan. 

Poor from Ipswich if it wasn't, Should be like a shark in water as soon as the original news broke.

• Like 1