British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Seen some good racing at Oxford .... B'ham was ok when it was prepped properly (albeit only about 3/4 meetings this season)

I’ve also seen some good racing at Ipswich too this year believe it or not. The majority of tracks are much of a muchness, mostly processional with a few highlights thrown in here and there. The NSS is the only track in my experience that provides good racing more often than not. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Every track in the Premiership is predominantly “gate and go” except for the NSS.

Surely all tracks are gate n go given none are “gate n stop”.  And despite popular opinion, at all tracks, the rider who leads the heat after the first lap actually does go on to win the race. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Kvech apparently saying he will not be in UK next year. Thursday night meetings not giving him sufficient time for travel & preparation for Gp’’s? 

Good job he’s rejoining Lynn who are in the fortunate position that they can change their race night to a Monday 

27 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Good job he’s rejoining Lynn who are in the fortunate position that they can change their race night to a Monday 

They could, but will they?

25 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Rob has mentioned Mondays may well be our race night. Hopefully it might help us sign a rider or 2.

On 10/10/2024 at 12:04 PM, StarBoy said:

But but Errr,  several of th other teams race on Thursdays 🤔

• Like 1

On 10/9/2024 at 5:42 PM, MP78 said:

There is of course a different route Ipswich could go… if there is no Emil and King stays (as I suspect he will). 
Doyle, King, Brennan, Rew, Kvech, Ellis + RS… fits in a 40 limit

Still got the muscle of Doyle in 13 & 15 and a rock solid reserve all season… something to ponder maybe?

You’ve got 2 hopes of getting Kvech, Bob Hope and No Hope!

11 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

You’ve got 2 hopes of getting Kvech, Bob Hope and No Hope!

If Ipswich wanted Kvech and the rider wanted UK racing next year, then they’d get him. Deep down you know that too so you can forget this “two year deal nonsense”. Ipswich is well known for being a professionally well run club, Lynn let’s just say, isn’t. 

I wouldn’t worry though, I think Ipswich would much prefer Brennan on a similar average if they’re going for a mid 6 pointer. 

Edited by Steve Irving