British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Poor from Ipswich if it wasn't, Should be like a shark in water as soon as the original news broke.

Lots goes on behind the scenes. Birmingham struggled to be competitive, last thing they need is someone pinching one of their leading lights from a season that provided very little. We’ve just read there’s been meetings as recently as yesterday, wouldn’t be a bit surprised if there wasn’t a gentleman’s agreement not to pinch the riders they wanted to keep to help them be competitive next year. All guesswork though, he might still end up at Ipswich we’ll have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TTT said:

Defo a 40.00 limit because that's what the powerhouses will want.

BV don't want Zischke at No.2, They'll need a 40 limit in order to get Tate at No.6

Ipswich can't sign Brennan unless it's a 40 limit because they'd have to get rid of two from the following 3 (King, Rew & Ellis) if it was to be a 39 limit.

Sheffield won't want to release a power HL as the Holder Brothers will want to be at the same club so they'll need a 40 limit considering Woffinden has confirmed himself.

Only need one of Leicester or Oxford to join the party and then a vote split is in favour of 40.

This has been me the last 24hrs since I found out we have a place at the top table. Taken nearly 100 years. It is true isn’t it and not just BS?

Does that mean the cheating stops or do we need to start cheating to fit in?

IMG_4079.jpeg

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

100%. I'd really love to know (of course money counts) why he likes coming over. What is it British Speedway give him?

Us fans are always this tracks s#!t, that tracks s#!t, this & that teams s#!t, stadiums ⅔ empty.

Is it as simple as "easy money" in the Premiership over the Elitserien or is their something else us fans just don't understand?

With Doyle & other Aussie's it's obvious why they'd be here, language, family etc, but I don't understand it with Pole's, Swede's, Dane's etc.

Organisation of our league is so erratic with weather & rearranged fixtures too.

The competitiveness of the Swedish league is far greater. 

But yes, 100% Sayfutdinov is box office & should be appreciated by every track.

Chris Louis went to a huge effort to bring emil over here, he’s well looked after, adored by home and away fans everywhere he goes and says the technical tracks are helping no end skill set wise. Lots of stories of not getting paid in Sweden the last few years - while there’s been troubles at some clubs in uk I’ve never heard a whisper of Louis not paying riders, most riders who’ve ridden here state it’s the most professionally run club they’ve ridden for in uk.

it was interesting as well what woffinden said on the mic after his first visit back to Foxhall and some of the other smaller tracks, that it had been so long he’d almost forgotten how much fun you can have on the small tracks, end of the day they’re trying to earn a living but also they do all just love having fun on their bikes don’t they

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

100%. I'd really love to know (of course money counts) why he likes coming over. What is it British Speedway give him?

Us fans are always this tracks s#!t, that tracks s#!t, this & that teams s#!t, stadiums ⅔ empty.

Is it as simple as "easy money" in the Premiership over the Elitserien or is their something else us fans just don't understand?

With Doyle & other Aussie's it's obvious why they'd be here, language, family etc, but I don't understand it with Pole's, Swede's, Dane's etc.

Organisation of our league is so erratic with weather & rearranged fixtures too.

I may be deluded but genuinely I think Emil feels like he has unfinished business and actually wants to win the title with Ipswich. Every rider states how ‘professional’ the club is and on top of that, when others weren’t prepared, Ipswich fought hard to get him a VISA. I think just as a person he is very loyal.

Of course I could be totally wrong!

• Like 2

On 10/15/2024 at 7:26 PM, TTT said:

Defo a 40.00 limit because that's what the powerhouses will want.

BV don't want Zischke at No.2, They'll need a 40 limit in order to get Tate at No.6

Ipswich can't sign Brennan unless it's a 40 limit because they'd have to get rid of two from the following 3 (King, Rew & Ellis) if it was to be a 39 limit.

Sheffield won't want to release a power HL as the Holder Brothers will want to be at the same club so they'll need a 40 limit considering Woffinden has confirmed himself.

Only need one of Leicester or Oxford to join the party and then a vote split is in favour of 40.

So the 39/40 issue needs to be resolved asap? Now that Birmingham have re-emerged to be a possible "disrupter", the 40 club could be outvoted with Leicester & Oxford turning. I wonder what the outcome would have been with 6 teams - 5-1 in favour of 40?

58 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

So the 39/40 issue needs to be resolved asap? Now that Birmingham have re-emerged to be a possible "disrupter", the 40 club could be outvoted with Leicester & Oxford turning. I wonder what the outcome would have been with 6 teams - 5-1 in favour of 40?

Probably 5-1 in favour yes, Now I'd say it's 5-2 in favour.

Only need one of Leicester or Oxford to be in favour of 40.00 as the power three will vote 40.00 with KL and Brum voting for 39.00

On 10/16/2024 at 6:24 AM, Manifesto said:

He is worth the admission money alone at owlerton a true asset to British speedway. I want to see every prem team full of gp riders if possible 

Proper Heat 13s as I call them! In the old says we had the likes of Knudsen, Tatum v Gundersen and say Cross or ~Pedersen.

Now we have Holder and Woffinden v Satfudinov and Doyle etc - thats why we pay our money to see riders like them!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

On 10/15/2024 at 10:54 PM, Daniel Smith said:

I suspect they actually enjoy the less frantic pace of speedway in the UK, the pressure and scrutiny are significantly less they can just turn up ride enjoy themselves and top up their earnings, and maybe win trophies. A bit like an elder footballer still wanting to play but droppping down a division for an easier life but still earning a decent wage for doing something they still love doing! Some riders probably just love riding!

• Like 1

What a massive boost of good fortune for the Witches, A well deserved boost as well after all of the bad luck they had this year.

Some clubs have made baffling decisions, Sheffield & Ipswich must be laughing at managing to get Flint & Jenkins when not being in a favourable pick position.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

What a massive boost of good fortune for the Witches, A well deserved boost as well after all of the bad luck they had this year.

Some clubs have made baffling decisions, Sheffield & Ipswich must be laughing at managing to get Flint & Jenkins when not being in a favourable pick position.

https://ipswichwitches.co/2025-signing-jordan-jenkins/

This kind of confirms that the “draft pick” doesn’t really work. They didn’t know if he was going to be eligible for some time so people questioning whether he’d be allowed back on the list are justified. Reading between the lines here and I could be wrong, but Jenkins is hinting here that Birmingham possibly wanted him as they had first pick, but he dug his heels in and in the end got the move he wanted. 

The draft pick is a nonsense that doesn’t work. Have a rising star list if you must, but let clubs go for whom they want, and let riders ride where they want. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://ipswichwitches.co/2025-signing-jordan-jenkins/

This kind of confirms that the “draft pick” doesn’t really work. They didn’t know if he was going to be eligible for some time so people questioning whether he’d be allowed back on the list are justified. Reading between the lines here and I could be wrong, but Jenkins is hinting here that Birmingham possibly wanted him as they had first pick, but he dug his heels in and in the end got the move he wanted. 

The draft pick is a nonsense that doesn’t work. Have a rising star list if you must, but let clubs go for whom they want, and let riders ride where they want. 

Having spoken to Jordan, he didn't think he would be on the rising star scheme again. Therefore his first choice was Oxford, and to be in the main body of the team. But as soon as he knew he would be on the rising star list again - and knowing Oxford wanted to protect Killeen - his focus was definitely on Ipswich. So just goes to show that Birmingham didn't really have a chance of getting him - or Flint - for that matter.

4 minutes ago, blue witch said:

First part done and one of the most important. Great to have Jenkins back and at RS too

Hope your team is spot on, I just wonder whether they’ll go for exactly the 7 as this year to prove a point? Kind of, this is what would have happened if we’d stayed fit. Still not sure on Brennan, especially now Birmingham have confirmed their intention to run. 

8 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Having spoken to Jordan, he didn't think he would be on the rising star scheme again. Therefore his first choice was Oxford, and to be in the main body of the team. But as soon as he knew he would be on the rising star list again - and knowing Oxford wanted to protect Killeen - his focus was definitely on Ipswich. So just goes to show that Birmingham didn't really have a chance of getting him - or Flint - for that matter.

Neither did Louis or Hawkins it seems. 

On Flint. He was Birminghams rising star this year. From todays press release..

”Clubs who completed the 2024 season with a rising star who is also eligible for 2025 were given the option of “protecting” that rider and automatically declaring the same rising star for next season”.

So from that, are we to assume Birmingham didn’t want Flint and wanted someone else?

Edited by Arch Stanton

On 10/14/2024 at 9:42 AM, ouch said:

Regarding Rew, The Aces won’t get anyway near what Ipswich are offering. We could have upped our offer but we spent it on the Colts and bringing on juniors. 

Belle Vue were never in the running for Kenyan Rew. Jason Doyle was the one who brought him over, not Mark Lemon as you choose to believe. Doyle recommended him to Chris Louis and the deal was done. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Belle Vue were never in the running for Kenyan Rew. Jason Doyle was the one who brought him over, not Mark Lemon as you choose to believe. Doyle recommended him to Chris Louis and the deal was done. 

Well I guess it depends on which horse you’re getting the information straight from.