British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

Danny King would be fine back at Ipswich in the right position 

He isn’t a heat leader and certainly not capable of carrying the team like some fans thought he could when we lost Jason and Emil 

If Danny King rode at 2 or 4 he would do his job 

The top 5 is simple 

Jason , Emil and Brennan as heat leaders 

And then 2 of Ellis Rew and King at 2 and 4….. personally yes I’d have Rew and Ellis but if one of them was to leave and we had Danny I’d be fine with that 

King is almost certain to be back if we're being honest because Ipswich won't sacrifice Ellis to get Brennan in as they'll need another replacement for Ellis who'll be a much weaker rider around Foxhall when searching around for riders on 5 something GSA's.

Options would be riders like Craig Cook, Sedgmen, S. Worrall and co.

42 minutes ago, TTT said:

King is almost certain to be back if we're being honest because Ipswich won't sacrifice Ellis to get Brennan in as they'll need another replacement for Ellis who'll be a much weaker rider around Foxhall when searching around for riders on 5 something GSA's.

Options would be riders like Craig Cook, Sedgmen, S. Worrall and co.

Frederik Jakobsen has show his liking to Foxhole previously…

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Danny King would be fine back at Ipswich in the right position 

He isn’t a heat leader and certainly not capable of carrying the team like some fans thought he could when we lost Jason and Emil 

If Danny King rode at 2 or 4 he would do his job 

The top 5 is simple 

Jason , Emil and Brennan as heat leaders 

And then 2 of Ellis Rew and King at 2 and 4….. personally yes I’d have Rew and Ellis but if one of them was to leave and we had Danny I’d be fine with that 

Totally disagree Danny to be fair scores the points that you would expect. However it’s not all about that is it? The  biggest issue is when the chips are down he either goes missing or makes a novice error with riding lines. The semi final at Leicester being a prime example, on a comfortable 5-1 & then falls. 

Also can’t team ride to save his life I’ve seen more team riding from Nicholls & Brennan in their witches appearances this season than King has managed in the last 5 years.

Edited by cowboy cookie returns?
  • Like 1