British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

I'm not even an Ipswich fan but I really do hope Emil is back. Pleasure to watch at Leicester. Will never forget his first ever ride at Leicester when he broke the track record

I think all the teams in the league have been grateful for emil riding in the uk the last two years, put numbers on every gate!

class act on and off the track

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blue witch said:

Hearing Doyle (C) and Emil coming back ...

Something we all hope is true (well Witches fans at least) but if the rumoured 39 points limit is rubber stamped, Brennan won’t fit unless either of Rew or Ellis is left out. A 40 points limit and it’s as you were with Brennan for King. 

Anyone know the AGM date this year?

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Something we all hope is true (well Witches fans at least) but if the rumoured 39 points limit is rubber stamped, Brennan won’t fit unless either of Rew or Ellis is left out. A 40 points limit and it’s as you were with Brennan for King. 

If it is 39 then unfortunately it would have to be Ellis that makes way, too much improvement in Rew & Brennan. If it says at 40 then one change Brennan for King & everyone is happy.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The points limit isn’t set in stone as yet. Half are pushing for a reduction, the others want to retain the 40 limit. Doesn’t take a genius to work out which clubs want what. 

As ever self interest will dictate the vote rather than the bigger picture as to what could build and develop the league

Certain parties would no doubt want to scupper others plans even if it meant a tweak to their own so long as they felt they would gain overall.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aries said:

Points limit is 40 next season - Hoping Jenkins at RS

1 hour ago, blue witch said:

Points limit is 40 next season - Hoping Jenkins at RS

Hope you’re correct, but I’ve heard similar to Phil. A few clubs pushing hard for a reduction due to a lack of top class number 1’s that three clubs in particular hoover up every year leaving the others feeding on scraps. 

Ipswich have a team A, and a team B for both a 39, and 40 point limit. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hope you’re correct, but I’ve heard similar to Phil. A few clubs pushing hard for a reduction due to a lack of top class number 1’s that three clubs in particular hoover up every year leaving the others feeding on scraps. 

Ipswich have a team A, and a team B for both a 39, and 40 point limit. 

Is King in either? Heard 5 are nailed on waiting for the 6th

I think we’re deluding ourselves to think King won’t be in the team. He’s the team managers best mate. They upload twitter pics of themselves boozing down the pub, playing golf, darts, and they enjoying travelling to away meetings together. Unless the team manager goes, he’ll insist on working with his mate again. Some of those pics by the way include Louis himself joining them down the boozer! They’re all close. 

34 minutes ago, Aries said:

I think we’re deluding ourselves to think King won’t be in the team. He’s the team managers best mate. They upload twitter pics of themselves boozing down the pub, playing golf, darts, and they enjoying travelling to away meetings together. Unless the team manager goes, he’ll insist on working with his mate again. Some of those pics by the way include Louis himself joining them down the boozer! They’re all close. 

Absolutely Spot on Aries, although you would like to think King himself knows his days at Foxhall should be up and make the decision for Hawkins easier to make as they are so good mates as you say.

Not sure we will change much, if Emil stays, which i understand to still be a big IF,then apart from the R/S situation, as i never can work that out with the averages, it could just be King that's removed in my Dream World, but i fear you are correct, Mr King will be in our septet for next season.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I honestly have no idea on King. The only certainty is Doyle will be number 1, and Rew has another offer but the club want him to stay. 

I’m guessing the other offer Rew has is from Belle Vue. Personally I can’t see how that would benefit him already rides big fast tracks in Poland, staying put at Ipswich can only help his progress.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Absolutely Spot on Aries, although you would like to think King himself knows his days at Foxhall should be up and make the decision for Hawkins easier to make as they are so good mates as you say.

Not sure we will change much, if Emil stays, which i understand to still be a big IF,then apart from the R/S situation, as i never can work that out with the averages, it could just be King that's removed in my Dream World, but i fear you are correct, Mr King will be in our septet for next season.

King would look good in a Stars race suit next season. If we have any ambition to finally win the league we need to move him on. If Brennan replaces king which I think we all hope & we can hold on to Rew those two guys have massive potential to improve next year. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Guy puts a lot of money into speedway,, so I'm sure Morris has already worked out that for commercial reasons ipswich will be picked to win the play offs next year, whatever team they put together

I mean we’d have won at a canter if emil and Doyle were fit