British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

Aries

11 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Everyone can see that keeping the majority of the team is perfect, with Brennan slotting in for King… however this crops up every year and I fear Ellis or Rew will be sacrificed to give King his spot… 

I don’t think Rew will be replaced after hearing how he was spoken about in a few interviews and kind of hinting he was already an Ipswich asset for next year. Ellis I’d love to keep, I hear he is good for team moral and a great guy to have around! I’d prefer to see the captaincy given to Doyle next year as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AceBelle said:

maybe ? a question that can never be answered tho ?  if but's maybe's ? sport throws up all types of senarios ? everyone writing Aces off tonight for instance but when we click into gear at home we can get 50+ against anyone and tonight it's possible everyone needs a slice of luck along the way to winning play/offs tonight will be a spectacle for TV perfect weather here today warm sunny 18 degrees track will be in perfection condition !! 

Yes if your aunty had had balls etc 

7 hours ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

I think we’d be more likely to get a requirement for both reserve births to go British “rising stars” than to lose it all together.

Better to go with 5 man teams than that if it means two out of their depth

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

I don’t think Rew will be replaced after hearing how he was spoken about in a few interviews and kind of hinting he was already an Ipswich asset for next year. Ellis I’d love to keep, I hear he is good for team moral and a great guy to have around! I’d prefer to see the captaincy given to Doyle next year as well.

Totally agree… Captain Doyle is definitely the way to go!

Read into what you wish but Emil gave a polish interview to eleven sport yesterday and said his ambition is to ride in SGP and technically he could ride under a polish flag (he gained citizenship from Poland) although the authorities would have to agree it and also he doesn’t think it would be fair to take a polish spot from a polish rider. If it did happen though, would he drop witches and chose Sweden after all due to travelling ? …just thought I’d put it out there!

10 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Read into what you wish but Emil gave a polish interview to eleven sport yesterday and said his ambition is to ride in SGP and technically he could ride under a polish flag (he gained citizenship from Poland) although the authorities would have to agree it and also he doesn’t think it would be fair to take a polish spot from a polish rider. If it did happen though, would he drop witches and chose Sweden after all due to travelling ? …just thought I’d put it out there!

Why should Emil riding mean one less Polish rider racing in the GPs. The wild cards don't have to be based on nationality, they could just go by ability. I'd certainly hope so.

59 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Why should Emil riding mean one less Polish rider racing in the GPs. The wild cards don't have to be based on nationality, they could just go by ability. I'd certainly hope so.

That one I can’t answer unfortunately ! Just repeating what he said in the interview. I mean if it was on ability alone then we all know two Russians who wouldn’t have been kicked out !